You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Never Rated Rodgers Thread

Strontium

If they were that easily swayed by supporter feeling they wouldn't have sacked Kenny, not defended Suarez properly and, to a lesser extent, appointed Rodgers

They also would have fired Ayre and sold the team to someone richer, more ambitious, and who doesn't refer to the sport as soccer.

Reina had been underperforming for the last 2 years at least. Some of the goals he conceeded were worst than mignolet's errors considering he was held up as a world class keeper.

I disagree. Mignolet has made errors the equal of anything Reina ever did, but failed to offer the excellent sweeping attributes of Reina. Reina also commanded his area to a much better degree. Reina being replaced was always about wages. The irony is Reina would have suited us much better last season as he'd have allowed the defence to hold a higher line and not disconnect with the midfield and attack.

• Upvote 5

Years ago players would have gone out and got pissed as fuck after a game, and sometimes the night before a game. So what if he went to watch boxing, it shouldn't have an effect on the team in any manner. I'd rather him there than near the squad anyhow.

This is just a shit stirring article designed to cause more unrest. Maybe they all should have went to the boxing to see if it could stir some fight in their chicken shit bodies.

I wouldn't want him fired at the moment despite not being entirely convinced by him. The run-in last season seemed very unsustainable. Even with Suarez and Sturridge available to us this season the opposition would have figured out very obvious tactics. Most sides I've seen this season push up against us and deny Gerrard space.

Too many unknown's  or indeed known unknown's! We need to recognise BR's still got 'L' plates on at the top level. It won't make a significant difference to our position to see how he copes with the current decline. We're not going to be relegated and will at worst end up mid-table. We'll know by the end of the season if he can cope after which a reasoned decision can be made. American owners hate to make changes mid-season, it's not like they'll be able to run their preferred interview process if they fire him now.

I'd also like to understand the transfer criteria we currently have in place and the way the transfer committee operates. I suspect there's an inherent flaw in both which means that whomever we have as manager may well be hobbled.

Dont think this needs its own thread but is it ashton shit stirring or is he on the button?

Mario Balotelli has riled team-mates and Steven Gerrard hasn't been happy since Real Madrid snub... can Brendan Rodgers stop the rot at Liverpool?
  •  

Just before the lights threatened to go out on Liverpool’s season, the players’ phones lit up with news on social media that Mario Balotelli had made his way to the Echo Arena.

The Liverpool forward, casually dressed in three-quarter length jeans and camouflage loafers, had taken a front-row seat to watch Tony Bellew and Nathan Cleverly slug it out over 12 rounds.

At that point, a few Liverpool players at their team hotel in London wanted to get the Italian in the ring.

1416697136701_Image_galleryImage_LIVERPO

Mario Balotelli (right) sat and watched the boxing from a ringside seat at the Echo Arena on Saturday night

Ostensibly, Balotelli had permission to do whatever he wanted because a hamstring injury ruled him out of the 450-mile round trip for Sunday’s 3-1 defeat at Crystal Palace.

But, after four defeats in a row for Brendan Rodgers and his team, the done thing is to keep your head down.

The publicity did not go down well at breakfast the following morning, but nobody within the Liverpool camp was particularly surprised by Balotelli’s appearance. It was a new low.

This belongs in the "shitness of modern football" thread.  God knows, I'm not Balotelli's biggest fan, but this is cheap and crass.  What would be acceptable to these pricks as a way of an injured player "keeping his head down" after a shit performance by his team-mates?  A restaurant?  Cinema?  Theatre?  Church?  Or is he obliged to sit in with the lights out and the curtains closed?

The rest of the article is just shit-stirring speculation, but the constant Balotelli-baiting fucks me off.

I disagree. Mignolet has made errors the equal of anything Reina ever did, but failed to offer the excellent sweeping attributes of Reina. Reina also commanded his area to a much better degree. Reina being replaced was always about wages. The irony is Reina would have suited us much better last season as he'd have allowed the defence to hold a higher line and not disconnect with the midfield and attack.

Agreed, Reina was the most commanding Liverpool keeper I can remember.

Is right.  Mignolet should be fucked off in January.  I'd rather see Jones playing than the broken nosed clown.

I feel much better to have gotten that off my chest. I surely can't be the only one.

Ya big fanny. You're allowed to dislike managers and players you know? 

I'm not a fan of people going around personally attacking them though, or calling them cunts. Leave that shit for people like Hodgson. Rodgers has his shortcomings but he's always spoken well when it comes to the club and its fans. 

I could understand the furore about Mario going to the boxing if he'd been clocked with a fag in his hand, or pished out of his skull and kicking off. Or if he'd been playing next day.

But he wasn't. So what's the fuss ?

Agreed, same with Rodgers at the X Factor, it's a load of bollocks. Fellas in having lives shocker.