You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mice

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How has this all panned out Mook? 

The missus decided to get a Bengal kitten, who makes Scrappy Doo look like a fucking yellow belly. 

There will be no mice at chez Mook for a long time.

We were woken by a bizarre sound on Sunday morning, I thought a bird had flown in through an open window and was flapping under the curtains at first. It turned out to be a mouse which had somehow gotten into a bucket in the bedroom and couldn't get out again, the noise was it jumping up the side of the bucket over and over. Mad.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We were woken by a bizarre sound on Sunday morning, I thought a bird had flown in through an open window and was flapping under the curtains at first. It turned out to be a mouse which had somehow gotten into a bucket in the bedroom and couldn't get out again, the noise was it jumping up the side of the bucket over and over. Mad.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I have one in the shack at the moment.

Careful little bugger, as he's managed to eat the bait from two different types of traps so far.

I spoke too soon. 

Just checked the trap line. He's in mouse heaven now. 

The B-52's over here 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Fuck's sake. Just seen one hop out from behind the washing machine. Came out for a second look, squeezed in a tiny crevice, drinking in my mounting despair - mocking my refusal to give the unit a shove for a very inhumane but quick ending to it all. The cute little dickhead.

Bollocks.

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fuck's sake. Just seen one hop out from behind the washing machine. Came out for a second look, squeezed in a tiny crevice, drinking in my mounting despair - mocking my refusal to give the unit a shove for a very inhumane but quick ending to it all. The cute little dickhead.

Bollocks.

No messing about with humane remedies. 
Find out where they’re getting in, seal that and plenty of poison. Nothing else works, except maybe a cat

Word to the wise (and you have a cat). Decrease your cat's daily food by about 25%. The fucker will waste no time in showing you how this hunter-gathering lark is 'done'. There'll be rodent corpses piling up on your stairs quicker that you can say 'over-compensatory rodent massacre'. 

Just make sure you put the lights on when you're fumbling about of a morning - and wear slippers, just in case..