You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Can's being used like some kind of John O'Shea or Phil Jones, but seeing as the season was written off by Rodgers a while ago he should have used the rest of the season to blood Can in midfield to give him the gametime there. Then go out and sign a player to partner him for next season (not James Milner).

Can's being used like some kind of John O'Shea or Phil Jones, but seeing as the season was written off by Rodgers a while ago he should have used the rest of the season to blood Can in midfield to give him the gametime there. Then go out and sign a player to partner him for next season (not James Milner).

That would have been the smart thing to do. I would have just done this for the run of games after we shat the bed at Arsenal:

Mignolet

Manquillo

Skrtel

Lovren (obviously because Sakho is injured)

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Gerrard

Coutinho

Lallana

Balotelli (fuck me, reverse Sophie's choice in the striker department)

Bench:

Keeper

Toure

Johnson

Allen

Ibe

Borini

Sterling

Borini on for any of Coutinho, Gerrard or Lallana is we want to play two strikers.

He's been absolutely dreadful at right back. Good at RCB, but clueless at RB and targeted as a weak link every time he's played there.

I agree that that there is quite some distance between Kelly and Can at RB.

What is it you think we need at right back?

I had a look in the MoTM thread for the game yesterday. Someone had Can as MoTM while a number had him the top three.

That's their right but I dont know what game they were at but he was woeful yesterday and picked up yet another needless booking.

If he's in midfield next season, he'll pick up more booking than Lucas.

He needs to sort his head out and not be so wreckless. He may develop into a very good player, we'll have to wait and see.

I like Lallana. I don't think he's the best player we have and probably wasn't worth the money we spent on him, but he has some skill, always seems to at least give a shit about us trying to win the match, and puts the effort in.

Is there a reason why our £25m marquee signing can only play an hour, by the way?

• Upvote 1

He's been absolutely dreadful at right back. Good at RCB, but clueless at RB and targeted as a weak link every time he's played there.

I agree that that there is quite some distance between Kelly and Can at RB.

What is it you think we need at right back?

He hasn't been dreadful at all. He was probably the best player in the side yesterday. He's hugely effective going forward and his defensive frailties are exaggerated. He wins a lot of his individual battles.

I'd take him over Kelly at RB every day.

He hasn't been dreadful at all. He was probably the best player in the side yesterday. He's hugely effective going forward and his defensive frailties are exaggerated. He wins a lot of his individual battles.

I'd take him over Kelly at RB every day.

Oh, you were joking.

Lallana could be picked in an under 10s game and you'd still find a reason to argue that he wasn't better than the rest of the players.

But he wasn't better than the rest of the players, he was decent until he scored, then a passanger, invisible in the 2nd half. Did u watch the fucking game or just his flicks & turns? I understand his flashy "style above substance" manner, I understand you all want him to succeed but it's quite cringeworthy. Can was easily our best midfielder & defender in this game and our best player. And he played full game out of position again, not an hour in his favourable one.