You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The TLW Party Manifesto

Spy Bee

Whilst I think we've already missed the boat in a lot of those areas, we can enter the market place. Obviously police, fire service, armed forces, are to be added to the list, but I do believe we'd be better off with a pharmaceutical company too.

We could easily change the laws to execute a CPO on all of the privatised utilities.  Anything is possible.  Never mind an integrated transport policy, which of course is desirable - what about integrated healthcare?  Bring back ward staff who are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the wards.  Matrons (ooer).  A massive council house building scheme - loans provided by central government to councils based on demand and cost of land acquisition.  Councils should be able to maintain housing stock much more efficiently and at lower cost to the consumer - and should be self-financing.  Council houses should be ring fenced; i.e. never offered for purchase.  Housing co-ops -  again funded by government loans - will offer options to buy if appropriate.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There are a lot of things we could do. Not sure we'd ever get a mandate to do it. But in terms of what I want, sure. I want to end the monarchy, too.

Agreed.

What should be nationalised?

Gas and Electricity

Transport

Water

Telecoms

Health (including provisioning for the elderly)

Libraries

Education

Post office

There should be substantial investment in Medical and scientific R&D

There should be a nationalised retail bank which should provide competitive rates for mortgages and business loans

Any others?

Why telecoms ? 

I'd make every MPs expenses accounts live on line to anyone who wanted to see them. They should be made to do, at the very least, a weekly on line update with every penny they spend shown with a brief narrative of what it was spent on.

A building should be found or built for MPs visiting the capitol and who require an over night stay. No use of public funds to pay for 1st or 2nd homes. There's accommodation provided. If you dont like it, tough shit. Either kip rough or pay for a hotel out of your own pocket.

• Upvote 2

There are a lot of things we could do. Not sure we'd ever get a mandate to do it. But in terms of what I want, sure. I want to end the monarchy, too.

I'd leave that until last, as it might be the most difficult thing to get a mandate for.  The rest?  Most sane people would back it.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd leave that until last, as it might be the most difficult thing to get a mandate for. The rest? Most sane people would back it.

There's your problem right there.

Guest davelfc

Company CEO's must give for free a set number of hours towards running a charitable organisation. Thus removing the £300k charity CEOs currently running them. A full review of the ways charitable organisations are run, taxed and paid. To include banning those charity kerb crawlers that pocket a percentage of your donations.

A total ban, zero tolerance of beggars, big issue sellers or any similar street sellers, fraudsters.

Reintroduction of the fair rents, reducing rent reduces the welfare bill by reducing the housing benefit hand outs. This unfortunately will mean rich landlords (cough.... tories) will receive far less money from the state. 

No extra child support or benefits after the first child. You're female, young and don't want to work. Fuck a dickhead, bin him off and here's your house and cash. Help yourself to whatever you want for the next 18 years. need more money, fuck another dickhead and repeat. 

Make all MP's resign their seats at 65 (yes that also fucking means you Skinner)

The best MP by a mile should resign because of his age? Fuck that. He's the only one who offers any resistence to the gang of cunts screwing the average joe at present.

I would advocate regional government with real legal and financial powers to make those decisions. Stopping everything being so London-centric.

• Upvote 2

Anything sold in the UK is taxable by its laws regardless of where the company's head office is situated.

It already is. They get round it by the foreign head office charging "royalties" for using the corporate brand, or loaning the UK subsidiary some money at interest rates that would make Wonga swoon, or a myriad other corporate scams. In the unlikely event that they do make a taxable profit then they will be taxed (but obviously some accountant somewhere will have to pay with his life)

Just scrap the dole, and give people an amount (around £200 a week) as unconditional basic income.

Bizarre as it seems but one Richard Milhous Nixon seriously looked at doing this when he was president. Paying it to US people not UK people that is. And it would have been in dollars.

But then there was that burglary and the tapes and well, it must have just got forgotten about. Then he got it on with Peaches or something similar and it was all over.

Fixed that for you there.

Yes, all those independently wealthy Tories are in it for the salary, not the power, or the earning capacity once you've made your name. Obviously.

Cameron has a tax-avoidance gilded nest egg waiting for him. He's not in it for the money.

Which politicians do you think would disappear if their wages were tied to a multiplier of the minimum wage? Given that multiplier would obviously be set at a number where it works for both. Just to point out, it's a set percentage of the minimum wage now, it's the numbers on that percentage that you fiddle with.

• Upvote 1