You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Sanchez would be amazing but the prices quoted seem off the wall. They paid 30m for him, at least matched man City for wages and since then he's been a success. If he signs he will cost more than Carroll and earn the same as Suarez. It aint happening!

We don`t need pedro, we have Suso and Texeira.

Am wondering what's going on with them both, and it drives me almost insane to think that they're not even going to play next season for us. Especially if we're going to spend 25+ mil on *checks how to spell his name* Lallana. No offence to the guy but it did my head in last season when Suso went out on loan, to think he has another season where we might not even play him, or even worse, end up selling him, then it's just a bit messed up to say the least.

As for Teixeira, haven't seen him as much, but him and Suso are the players with the technical ability, we should really be making sure they play some games. Gifted players on a level rare to find in the whole league, but we're paying insane amounts because Lallana is British/English, whatever the fuck. It almost infuriates me.

Or maybe Lallana will be a genius, but if Suso had been given the games he'd have a decent bit of experience now. Anyway whatever, will just see what happens.

I just can't believe we'll manage to get Sanchez either, think Barca will keep him. Even read that he might go to Chelsea as a swap plus cash for Luiz. That would be seriously bad so not imagining that either if I can help it.

• Upvote 2

If you think of the level of what Teixeira, Suso, Coutinho and Suarez could manage together, it kind of drives me mad. You could say "they'd get battered all over the park, not tough enough." But I don't remember Barca midfield/attack being that tough either and they'd wipe the floor with this league, apart from maybe the occasional parked buses of Maureen and co here and there.

Rodgers has partly learnt his trade in Spain as well hasn't he? That's why it gets me more, and we've even seen this team playing with style and flair. I just thought they'd be worked into the team quickly to make that work even better. Or so that we have the options on the bench that could keep the standard higher after subs.

Ok, finally sorted out most of the mistakes in that last post after about 20 edits, sorry.

are you sure ? . Suso has promise but has hardly set la Liga on fire on loan this season has he, he scored 3 and had 7 assists. Lallana looked very good whenever i saw him scored 9 goals and had 6 assists he also causes panic running hard at defences and wins a lot of free kicks. 

Suso looks potentially good. Texiera will probably get a few chance this season and i really hope he becomes the player we are all hoping he has the potential to be. 

We need players who are playing up to their potential next season not still promising it. Lallana will offer that spark of creativity in midfield and scores goals.

are you sure ? . Suso has promise but has hardly set la Liga on fire on loan this season has he, he scored 3 and had 7 assists. Lallana looked very good whenever i saw him scored 9 goals and had 6 assists he also causes panic running hard at defences and wins a lot of free kicks. 

Suso looks potentially good. Texiera will probably get a few chance this season and i really hope he becomes the player we are all hoping he has the potential to be. 

We need players who are playing up to their potential next season not still promising it. Lallana will offer that spark of creativity in midfield and scores goals.

3 goals and 9 assists in 33 games, at the age of 20, for the 4th shittest team in the league.

He's had an excellent season.

100% he should be in our squad next year, whether we spunk £25m on Lallana or not.

• Upvote 3

I think he's fine, he just needs the games, the confidence, and to click with the rest of the team on the pitch. I thought the same last season. Teixeira might take longer, but I think Suso would be fine if we got him ready properly in pre-season.

I was a massive fan of Suso. He was my favourite player to watch of all the players in the under 21's and under 18's.

His ability to pick out long passes is phenomenal. Up there with Alonso and Gerrard for being able to consistently find players. The main problem I have with him is that I don't really see what position he should play. He seems to be playing as a right winger despite being one of the most one footed players I have ever seen, which will make it easy for players to defend against by forcing him on to his right foot all the time.

He'd be better suited to a central role, but he doesn't seem like he'd be good defensively and dwells on the ball a bit too much to play in such a key area.   

He reminds me a bit of Joe Cole, in that he is a player with a huge amount of ability and potential, but I just can't see him holding down a place in a top team. I certainly wouldn't give up on him yet though. A loan to a Premiership club would be the best move for him next season.  

• Upvote 1

3 goals and 9 assists in 33 games, at the age of 20, for the 4th shittest team in the league.

He's had an excellent season.

100% he should be in our squad next year, whether we spunk £25m on Lallana or not.

Never suggested that he shouldn't be in the squad, although i think another year on loan would be more beneficial to him, however my post was directed at the rant about it driving the OP insane that we are buying Lallana (if we do) when we have Suso. 

I like the lad but it is all potential at the moment and we have enough of that  and  no 3 goals in 33 games for the a shit team is not good enough. Aspas was scoring for fun at Celta Vigo we need to kick on and that means better players than we have now..

I was a massive fan of Suso. He was my favourite player to watch of all the players in the under 21's and under 18's.

His ability to pick out long passes is phenomenal. Up there with Alonso and Gerrard for being able to consistently find players. The main problem I have with him is that I don't really see what position he should play. He seems to be playing as a right winger despite being one of the most one footed players I have ever seen, which will make it easy for players to defend against by forcing him on to his right foot all the time.

He'd be better suited to a central role, but he doesn't seem like he'd be good defensively and dwells on the ball a bit too much to play in such a key area.   

He reminds me a bit of Joe Cole, in that he is a player with a huge amount of ability and potential, but I just can't see him holding down a place in a top team. I certainly wouldn't give up on him yet though. A loan to a Premiership club would be the best move for him next season.  

Agree with that really - apart from the Joe Cole stuff!

I think Suso's best position long term will be centre midfield, but he would need to develop off the ball before he can do that with us.  Everyone rightly wanks on about Xavi and Iniesta's passing abilities, but Guardiola got them pressing like bastards too, which took Barca right up a level and what Suso needs to learn.

Never suggested that he shouldn't be in the squad, although i think another year on loan would be more beneficial to him, however my post was directed at the rant about it driving the OP insane that we are buying Lallana (if we do) when we have Suso. 

I like the lad but it is all potential at the moment and we have enough of that  and  no 3 goals in 33 games for the a shit team is not good enough. Aspas was scoring for fun at Celta Vigo we need to kick on and that means better players than we have now..

Goals from him is the least of what I think of.

I'm thinking of us being better and more creative at passing in midfield/attack and his assists. Do you realize how many assists he could get with Suarez and Sturridge on the end of his passes if he develops well for us?

It's not as if the team he was at last season had those two, if they did, maybe he'd have a few more assists to say the least. Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree. Admitted I'm often wrong about our younger players, will just see how things turn out this time.

I reckon yaya Toure fancies a bit of the Rodgers revolution. He's heard how ace we are from his big bro and wants to join him at the biggest club in the country.

His agent even mentioned us by name when he kicked off about all this birthday nonsense. 'Yaya would be appreciated at a proper club like Liverpool, City just don't care about him'... Or something along those lines anyway.

Probably cost us 40 million but worth every penny.

Thats like saying we dont need Alves we have Johnson

You mad crazy trolling bastard

Well not really, in all fairness, I`ve never rated Pedro all that much.

The point I was trying to make is what Red Phoenix has been saying. Basically SOMETHING has to happen with Suso and Teixera, or atleast one of them.

They are both 20 years old now and equate for some of the most talented, promising and exciting youngsters we`ve seen from our academy for some time.

If they both are busts and get shipped out what does that say for the rest of our young`uns?

They`re the same age, play a fairly similiar game and have, in all fairness done all we`ve asked of them, it seems to me like they should fit right in with the way we play, and deserve atleast a chance to show if they can cut it on the first team.

If we go out and buy, okay maybe not Pedro, someone, who would push these two further to the back of the line that surely would be their death sentence, right?

And Alves is an old, diving, cheating, ref nagging shithawk. 

• Upvote 1

Well not really, in all fairness, I`ve never rated Pedro all that much.

The point I was trying to make is what Red Phoenix has been saying. Basically SOMETHING has to happen with Suso and Teixera, or atleast one of them.

They are both 20 years old now and equate for some of the most talented, promising and exciting youngsters we`ve seen from our academy for some time.

If they both are busts and get shipped out what does that say for the rest of our young`uns?

They`re the same age, play a fairly similiar game and have, in all fairness done all we`ve asked of them, it seems to me like they should fit right in with the way we play, and deserve atleast a chance to show if they can cut it on the first team.

If we go out and buy, okay maybe not Pedro, someone, who would push these two further to the back of the line that surely would be their death sentence, right?

And Alves is an old, diving, cheating, ref nagging shithawk. 

Pedro :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzv1uHWjDJw

I reckon yaya Toure fancies a bit of the Rodgers revolution. He's heard how ace we are from his big bro and wants to join him at the biggest club in the country.

His agent even mentioned us by name when he kicked off about all this birthday nonsense. 'Yaya would be appreciated at a proper club like Liverpool, City just don't care about him'... Or something along those lines anyway.

Probably cost us 40 million but worth every penny.

Manchester City great / Liverpool great

He knows it makes sense.

Still struggling to agree a fee with Llama, fuck him off and get Milner who isn't as fancy but gives us legs in midfield and is just as versatile. Throw the money we save in to a fancy winger/forward. Milner and Shaqiri for the same price as what Soton want for Llama makes sense to me and it leaves space in the amc slot for Suso/Tex for cup games etc.