You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool dressing room at pre match & half time

Roger Hunt

Noticed watching tunnel cam on LFC.tv and being Liverpool, that prior to matches and at halftimes its a bit of a free for all for players that are not even close to the squad to go in. They seem to all congregate into the dressing room at what is a vital time when concentration is paramount.

To me as someone who is involved in football at a good standard, i know just how vital it is to concentrate and discuss the issues of the half and also tactics.

Seeing what happens in the dressing room strikes me as unprofessional, has anyone else seen this?

Maybe the manager thinks its a good idea for players that aren't close to the squad to hear what goes on in the dressing room, so that at some point in the future they can get close to the squad?

If they were messing with their mobile phones or just generally pissing about then they shouldn't be in there, but if they're just stood there listening I don't see the harm.

Guest San Don

Christ, that's going to be a tight squeeze then. 25 players and staff in that dressing room! There's hardly enough room to swing a cat when you're in there by yourself!

Noticed watching tunnel cam on LFC.tv and being Liverpool, that prior to matches and at halftimes its a bit of a free for all for players that are not even close to the squad to go in. They seem to all congregate into the dressing room at what is a vital time when concentration is paramount.

To me as someone who is involved in football at a good standard, i know just how vital it is to concentrate and discuss the issues of the half and also tactics.

Seeing what happens in the dressing room strikes me as unprofessional, has anyone else seen this?

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

When you add the first team and subs, manager and coaches, physio and massage staff and “significant” playing staff who may not be in the team for that day for a variety of reasons you get quite a pack. Add the fact that ten of the eleven players will have been running non stop (Downing excepted) for the past forty five minutes and half time is rarely a time of cool reflection.

Guest San Don
Careful, the media might be reading this.

"Racist Liverpool in Animal Cruelty Shocker : 'I torture cats in our dressing room when nobody is looking' says weird loner San Don".

LOL! Then they, like you, dont understand the meaning of 'cat' in this context :whistle: