You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With all this Horse-meat nonsense going on I reckon we should all lay our cards on the table. Which animals would you NOT eat? These animals have been farmed specifically for eating to "free range" standard and are not poached illegally. Diseases in these animals (ie AIDS in monkeys) has been eliminated through selective breeding.

This has happened over night and is available in Butchers today.

Anyone who doesn't show their reasoning will be negged.

For me:

Monkeys and Apes - It's all a little too close to home for me, we walk, they walk a bit, we use tools some of them use tools, we wear hats, they wear hats. I'd feel a bit Cannibalistic I think

Tiger - I think they are probably the most beautiful animal in the world. Seeing some in Chester zoo in those (relatively speaking) tiny cages made me out raged.

Bats - reckon they'd be a bit bony and sinewy. Probably good for deep frying but I don't deep fry things so I'll pass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many moons ago when I was about 12 I had Sharks Fin Soup in a Chinese Restaurant in the Middle East. It was fucking rank and tasted like a strong fishy bovril.

Anyway, it was only after that I learned that they catch the sharks, cut their fins off and then lobbed them back in to sink to the bottom to drown slowly. Thats the only thing I've eaten that I've felt guilty about.

Cats and Dogs is the answer.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Got to be honest there is nothing i wouldn't eat bar one exception....

EYEBALL!

I couldnay ever eat an eyeball......that apart i would give anything a go....all tastes of chicken anyway!

I dont eat Duck because my father used to hunt them when I was younger. I can remember getting up early on Saturday morning to watch Thunder Cats and was scared shitless by two ducks which were hanging in the kitchen. Obviously I had to inspect them and wasnt too happy that my father had shot them. They were then served up for dinner that evening and I was appalled. Have not eaten Duck since and im fairly sure im missing out, but im OK with that.

I dont eat Duck because my father used to hunt them when I was younger. I can remember getting up early on Saturday morning to watch Thunder Cats and was scared shitless by two ducks which were hanging in the kitchen. Obviously I had to inspect them and wasnt too happy that my father had shot them. They were then served up for dinner that evening and I was appalled. Have not eaten Duck since and im fairly sure im missing out, but im OK with that.

You are - massively. Easily the best bird on a plate.

Cougar, any cat actually- they are too awesome, only if eating them would allow me to inherit a tiny amount of their zen like powers of intense chilling and instant napping as well as laser eyed huntsmanship would I consider letting the tiniest sliver of flesh pass my lips