You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

The forceful one may have handed in a transfer request:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLvCY6hI_Lc

And now duck face has also put the boot in on the national stage with criticism of the way the team sheet is announced.

Oh, Moysey, what are we to do...?

Batten down the hatches, get into the top 6, maybe a CL quarter final.  Make them think it's a short term aberration, not a deep-rooted malaise.  We want a Souness, not a Big Phil.

I've waited my entire life for this and it's playing out beautifully. Moyes is alienating all their star players, some of their fans are even saying things like "well if those woodwork shots against everton and southhampton went in we'd be 6 points better off". It's like Kenny's final season all over again, only without the cup success. They've spent 28 million on a carthorse, Zaha another 20 million looks like bambi on ice. Young is dogshit that's 16 million, 20 million Phil Jones fucking hell. The pigeons are coming home to roost, hav' it you beauts.

• Upvote 2

Rio Ferdinand has questioned David Moyes's policy of selecting theManchester United team close to kick-off, with the defender claiming it can turn him into a "madman" wondering if he has been chosen.

The 34-year-old suggested that Sir Alex Ferguson's policy of naming his XI well before the match made it easier for players to build the requisite intensity on match day.

"This manager's a bit different in that he doesn't name the team beforehand. You don't really get to know the team," Ferdinand told BT Sport. "The old manager used to give you a little bit of an idea if you'd be playing and stuff.

"When you know you're playing, the intensity goes up a little bit more on match day. That's what you need to try to make sure you're doing, even if you don't know you'll be playing – to try to get to that intensity you'd be at when you know you're playing.

"It's hard. It's hard to do that mentally because you spend a lot of nervous energy thinking: 'Am I playing' or 'Am I not playing?' and you're just going round in circles in your head and turning into a madman."

Yet Moyes denied this should be the case. "It would be the same for every player if that was the case because I would think that a lot of the teams do that. But that happened to me and I never felt that way," the manager said. "We do it in different ways. Sometimes we name it, sometimes we name it late on. I think sometimes a lot of managers leave it so the press don't get the teams too early."

United host Newcastle in Saturday's early kick-off standing 12 points behind the leaders, Arsenal, and five points from a Champions League berth. Moyes does not feel that qualification for next season's European Cup is in doubt. "We are totally focused on winning against Newcastle and climbing the table and, if we do that, we can start looking at what's next," he said.

Despite Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Everton at Old Trafford which drew scrutiny of Moyes's management, he is confident that, after Ferguson's retirement, fans comprehend the situation at the club. "I think Manchester United supporters understand fully that it was always going to be transitional and that it will be a bumpy road at times. There is a bigger picture here and we are looking at that as well. I am the manager of Manchester United and I think it was always going to be a bit like that [bumpy]. It would have been the case if it was anyone else because it is a changeover period. We have the next game coming up against Newcastle United and we will try to do something about it."

Asked the reasons for the champions' uneven form, he said: "It is just because we are a bit inconsistent in our play. We haven't quite had our rhythm where we have a regularity of what we are going to get. There have been signs, and if we had won you would have said we are on a great run. We have been on a good run – not a great one but a good one."

Wayne Rooney is suspended for Newcastle's visit and Robin van Persie's groin problem makes him a doubt, meaning Moyes could be without his two key players, who have scored 18 goals between them.

The manager stated he would be guided by the Dutchman with regard to his ability to face Newcastle. "We listen to the senior players. We hear what they are saying, how they feel over their fitness," he said.

Moyes will move in the January transfer window if the right player is available, saying that a new addition would give the club a lift.

Of Michael Carrick's long-awaited recovery from his achilles injury, Moyes said: "He is getting closer but it will probably be around another three weeks."

The manager has no plans for Marouane Fellaini to have surgery soon on his wrist. "We have no plans for the operation just now," Moyes said. "He needs it and when the moment comes, [if] there is a suspension and an injury, that would be the time to drop him out for the operation

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/06/rio-ferdinand-david-moyes-manchester-united

In defence of moyes over not telling ferdinand if he's in the side, what's the point of telling ferdinand? He'll only forget, like his drugs test.

Moyes made a bad mistake in offering all these old players new contracts and coaching jobs, he should've been a better judge of character and realised the lot of them are utter cunts.

• Upvote 3

Remember Moyes getting some stick in the summer for saying that "over-trained" Van Persie? I wonder if that's why he's crocked now and part of the reason why he's pissed off with Moyes. I don't even pay enough attention to them to know what kind of injury he's got to be honest.

Ideally I'd like them to finish something like 6th - just high enough that he keeps the job for another season.

I'd say it's bullshite that van Persie had handed in a transfer request. Why would he?He couldn't play in the CL for another team this season for starters. He's 30 and on £200k a week with 3 more years of that money to come. He's going nowhere.

I fancy an easy win for them this afternoon. No way will they struggle twice at home in a week.

And Pardew just won manager of the month and Krul player of the month. Guaranteed to fuck up.

I'd say it's bullshite that van Persie had handed in a transfer request. Why would he?He couldn't play in the CL for another team this season for starters. He's 30 and on £200k a week with 3 more years of that money to come. He's going nowhere.

I fancy an easy win for them this afternoon. No way will they struggle twice at home in a week.

And Pardew just won manager of the month and Krul player of the month. Guaranteed to fuck up.

It probably is bullshit but is it inconceivable that Van Persie would be willing to forgo Champions League football for the rest of the season? I think not. It's unlikely that United will win it and could easily be knocked out next round.

He was captain and left Arsenal after being there for 8 years to win trophies, I think he wouldn't hesitate to go if he thought that United are going to be barren. He has only about 3 years left at the top. Would Bayern, Chelsea or even Real be interested? I think so.

• Upvote 1

At this rate Arsenal will bid for him. Makes sense on many levels, to everyone bar United.

There would be the usual noises of moral dilemma accompanying it, like the Liverpool should sell Suarez for whatever they can get nonsense, but if ever stone cold pragmatism reigned it's in modern football.