You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battlefield 5

Allan

Yeah, that's always bad. I joined a game of Domination this afternoon, looked through the squads, saw at least haf the players were Scouts and knew it'd be a shitfest.

My pet peeve at the moment is people opening locked doors when you're trying to defend a building; they've been locked for a reason.

Yeah, pain in the backside. Still, I've seen people try to close remnants of a door after a building has been mortared to near on rubble.

Are any of the weapons or cammo's any good and do they give you an advantage that makes them worth buying?

No idea about the weapons, but the camos/skins won't give you any advantage. Over time you'll end up getting the camos anyway, so for me, the deluxe upgrade is not worth paying for.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked it up yesterday and played it the first time this morning.

Two OK matches then got absolutely destroyed in the next one. Had a really good little run of sniper kills in my first match and it didn't record.

Where is the best place to get an overview on weapon stats etc. I've no idea where to start. 

Just picked it up yesterday and played it the first time this morning.

Two OK matches then got absolutely destroyed in the next one. Had a really good little run of sniper kills in my first match and it didn't record.

Where is the best place to get an overview on weapon stats etc. I've no idea where to start. 

Symthic.com is a useful site.

What game mode were you playing?

• Upvote 1

Conquest this morning, couple of DMs just now.

I'm headshotting people with a sniper and barely registering some of the time

You can change the colours of your cross hair, as well as the colour of your hit markers.

Go to Game Settings -> Advanced Settings and then scroll down until you find the relelvant options.

I think I changed my headshot hit marker to blue or green. (Been a while since I played). Handy to know what is being registered, especially at ranges when you have to adjust for bullet drop.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I changed that the other week but overall the game seemed to be behaving and I was doing alright.

Last night though however it was very laggy, we have an original Virgin Super Hub and I think it's on it's way out as every game seems to be laggy for me online at the moment.

However my main issue is even when it wasn't laggy I seemed unable to get a single kill, did a full mag from a Lewis gun (94 rounds or something) with hit markers for every one and then got shot around a corner and literally just could not get kills at all.

How are you finding it for lag comp Al?

I changed that the other week but overall the game seemed to be behaving and I was doing alright.

Last night though however it was very laggy, we have an original Virgin Super Hub and I think it's on it's way out as every game seems to be laggy for me online at the moment.

However my main issue is even when it wasn't laggy I seemed unable to get a single kill, did a full mag from a Lewis gun (94 rounds or something) with hit markers for every one and then got shot around a corner and literally just could not get kills at all.

How are you finding it for lag comp Al?

I've not played for a while, but I'd only get the odd lag death, but on the whole it was fine for me. I had problems getting into the Operations mode for a couple of days for no apparent reason, but that sorted itself over time.

I'll make sure that I get on for a decent session next week when I'm off shift again.

• Upvote 1

I am just shit at this game but haven't played much.

What is the best tactic just storming and shooting, waiting where the flags are then shooting or hiding in the hills and sniping?

Also what are the best weapons to use?

I played the first level on the campaign (where you have to fly the planes and shoot the other planes out of the sky) and I was absolutely awful at it. As a result I dared not go online as it would be a massacre I was sure.

I traded it in for something else where I wasn't likely to die so much. I think it was Tomb Raider.

This website may be of use though...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-21-battlefield-1-guide-tips-and-tricks-4790

I played the first level on the campaign (where you have to fly the planes and shoot the other planes out of the sky) and I was absolutely awful at it. As a result I dared not go online as it would be a massacre I was sure.

I traded it in for something else where I wasn't likely to die so much. I think it was Tomb Raider.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-21-battlefield-1-guide-tips-and-tricks-4790

Not a great vote of confidence.

What is the best tactic just storming and shooting, waiting where the flags are then shooting or hiding in the hills and sniping?

If you're having trouble then play Medic and stick to where others in your squad are. The beauty of Medic is you can mop up a few kills, get loads of points for healing / reviving and can heal yourself.

I'm shit at sniping and up close, so I find a weapon that works for medium range and has low recoil works best for me, something like the Autoloading Extended for Medic - it'll take a couple more shots to kill someone, but you can basically just hammer the trigger as fast as you like.

• Upvote 1

I'm shit as well but usually enjoy most games.

The first few games before you get to a decent rank are hard work I found.

I played a few rounds of operations and ranked up up very quickly and managed to get a couple of weapons I was more comfortable with but the stock ones are still very good.

I'm shit at sniping so happily run n gun u less an objective game and I'll tend to be the one to go capture the objectives ie. sacrificial lamb!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I picked it up earlier today. After a little blast in single player I jumped into conquest or something? Not the best idea. I don't even think I managed to register a shot in the first 30 minutes. I faired a bit better after that though. I just stuck to medic and I'm not too far off level 3.

I should probably buy myself a mic next and find some peeps to play with. It's great fun but I get the sense it'll be even better with some communication.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to get myself on for a session on Saturday, probably either side of our game against Hull. Been far too long since I was on last.

Erm... I'll get on next weekend.

Forgot about the Wildlands closed beta being this weekend until I got the email on Thursday. Not been on that as much as I would have liked, although it unfortunately does seem a bit 'meh', anyway.

Was in no mood to play on Saturday afternoon/evening and wanted to get some more time in on Wildlands today, before the beta closes tomorrow morning at 11:00.

We're on early evening next Saturday, so I should get myself on for a reasonable session before kick off. Not sure about afterwards, that really does depend on the outcome of our fixture.

Sunday should be completely free, so I'll get on for a while, I'm sure.

I saw you online but playing on the that.

I tried the Rainbow Six Siege free weekend, it was OK but the online would get very repetitive, very quickly I think. 

On BF I'm trying to get every class to level 3 (just Medic to go now) so I can then experiment with the weapons a bit more.  

I'm working on getting all 4 classes to level 3 so I can experiment properly with the weapons, level 2 medic now so just that to do and I'm all sorted.

At the moment if I'm running as Scout/Sniper I use either the SMLE (default weapon for the class) if it's a small to medium range kind of map and the Gewehr sniper for more medium to long range engagements.

Assault I've just stuck with the stock SMG so far but I have a secondary version with the AT gun and anti tank mines etc.  I'll probably mix it up so I have a mid range setup with an SMG, a tank buster setup and one with a shotgun for any close quarters stuff and clearing out trenches or bunkers.

Support I've stuck with the Lewis so far as it seems a good all rounder, stats wise I think one of the BARs will be the best option but I've yet to experiment more with that one.

Medic, only level 2 at the moment so I've stuck with the Rigotti so far, partly as I'm waiting till level 3 to experiment and partly because I think it's a bloody good all round gun. Choice of single shot if you want to pick someone off over distance and be accurate or auto for close range and it although it's not high damage the rate of fire is decent enough for close quarters stuff and I seem to win more one on ones than I lose. 

Campaign and online are two separate things entirely. I swerve the planes as I really don't like the controls for them, most other games I'm fine but for me Battlefield universally has awful vehicle controls. I'm not too bad in a tank though.