You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

The journos laying into Pearson are hypocritical as fuck.

I don't recall their same sort of comments when Ferguson did that shit.

They mainly just laughed after and said " Sir Alex gave us the hair dryer and we loved tasting his spit"

The old adage you can say and do anything when you are winning.

Ferguson to media

CD0zCD3UkAAgFpX.jpg

• Upvote 1

Chelsea struggling to break down a relegation team away and are losing, I wonder if their fans are questioning whether the manager has lost the players.

Nah and they still won't be questioning it when they lift the league title next week, you eejit.

It's the same cunts that wrote about him being sacked without any evidence. Fair play to Pearson for calling the cunts out

Yup.  I like to see managers occasionally taking these snide cunts to task in front of their snide fucking buddies.  Pearson comes across as a bit of a loon, but he wasn't going to pander to that fuckwit, or any of his cunty colleagues.

On an unrelated note, Samed Yesil should be playing against the Bitters in the U21 mini-derby this evening.  Hopefully his injury spell is over, he certainly knows where the goal is and is worth keeping an eye on.

He's clearly having a breakdown; I particularly liked him walking out saying "don't thank me" and boasting that he was flexible enough to get his own head in the sand.

Reminded me of when Partridge sets off for the Travel Tavern kitchen pissed to "cook all the food", and when that fella says to him "Alan, this is a hotel", he just mumbles "Three Star" on his way in.

Pearson's obviously disturbed, but I'm so jaundiced towards football reporters and the whole media side of the game that I just find how he is with them grimly amusing, and enjoy the weekly car crash of his interviews. 

I need to get a hobby.

• Upvote 5

Why did he go and apologize? He was winning fans and admirers all over the world with his no nonsense, bird themed put downs. If you watch the clip carefully you'll notice the 'journo' had no answer to the question, and going by journo rules that means Pearson is in the right. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not much of a one for Twitter, but I liked @GalacticKeegan's version of events:

"Are you an ostrich?" Pearson kept asking.
He directed all of his questions to Rod's hand.
"No... it's an emu," said a visibly shaken Rod.

"Are you flexible enough to bury your head in the sand?"
"It's just a puppet," Rod Hull said meekly.
"I wasn't asking you," Pearson hissed.

In the end I left Nigel there, arguing with Emu.

When a man starts to confuse his large flightless birds, you stand well back. That's basic.

• Upvote 2

'Are you an ostrich?'

'Are you flexible enough to bury your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no.'

The guy is brilliant, I don't care what anybody says. That wild dogs story should surprise nobody.

Bit more background and details.

You can imagine him watching the discovery channel preparing kitted out with war-paint,

Jan 2014.

There has always been this story circulating in football that Nigel Pearson, Leicester City’s record-breaking manager, once fought a bear in Romania. It wasn’t a bear. It was a pack of five vicious dogs and they almost killed the backpacking Pearson.

Pearson had done his research three years ago before boarding the rattler from Sheffield to London, the Eurostar to France and then trains across Europe and deep into the Carpathian mountains.

He’d read up on these dogs who inhabit the area, protecting their owner’s sheep, regularly killing bears and occasionally attacking hikers.

Pearson was walking alone when confronted by the pack. One dog went straight for him, trying to occupy his attention while the other four circled behind, looking to bite his legs.

Pearson blinded a couple with his walking pole, then fended the others off before diving into stinging nettles. The dogs loathe these because of their sensitive noses.

It went quiet and Pearson thought the dogs had gone. So he set off walking again but the pack was waiting, and attacked again. Sweat pouring off him, Pearson backed up against a tree and poked with his walking pole at the eyes of the dogs until they gave up, leaving him to his walking holiday.

• Upvote 2

'Are you an ostrich?'

'Are you flexible enough to bury your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no.'

The guy is brilliant, I don't care what anybody says. That wild dogs story should surprise nobody.

Exactly.

The entire manager's press conference and interview thing in English football is deadly dull, likewise player interviews. The whole thing is so by-numbers that a cunt as septic as Mourinho is celebrated as 'box office' for permanently being a panto dame.

Here we have a very odd man, totally different to most characters in football, gradually unravelling on camera each week for the nation's viewing pleasure, and it's outrage central because he keeps having a pop at these twats who suck up to the few seen as gods and sharpen their knives for the rest. I'd love to see Pat Murphy's extended takedown of Taggart and Mourinho, however much of a tosser Pearson may be to them.

The only thing I really think when I watch him going off on one at another angel of football's fourth estate, like a Vietnam vet asked to fill in one welfare form too many, is "I'd like to stand near you in the queue at the Post Office on pension day".

• Upvote 2

Exactly.

The entire manager's press conference and interview thing in English football is deadly dull, likewise player interviews. The whole thing is so by-numbers that a cunt as septic as Mourinho is celebrated as 'box office' for permanently being a panto dame.

Here we have a very odd man, totally different to most characters in football, gradually unravelling on camera each week for the nation's viewing pleasure, and it's outrage central because he keeps having a pop at these twats who suck up to the few seen as gods and sharpen their knives for the rest. I'd love to see Pat Murphy's extended takedown of Taggart and Mourinho, however much of a tosser Pearson may be to them.

The only thing I really think when I watch him going off on one at another angel of football's fourth estate, like a Vietnam vet asked to fill in one welfare form too many, is "I'd like to stand near you in the queue at the Post Office on pension day".

Most footballers and and managers rent a yacht off Ibiza during the summer.

Nigel Pearson rambles through rural Romania fighting wild animals.

• Upvote 1