You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This is quite possibly an empty and slightly odd fear, but the fact that Ancellotti has been at the top table for over twenty years and has won everything there is to win makes me slightly concerned at how longer his hunger for the game will last. Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change. And it's hard to hold a candle, in the cold November rain.

It's a draining regime at the level he's been at. I would agree that Klopp would appear a better fit for us right now.

• Upvote 4

Everyone is so desperate to get rid of Rodgers that they just aren't thinking straight, Ancellotti would be a bad idea for us. He has been at some of the top clubs in the world with some of the best players, lots of money, the best facilities etc. What the fuck is he going to think when he turns up and sees our mickey mouse operation, how will he cope? he doesn't have a reputation for polishing turds he has one for moulding the best players money can buy into a winning team.

Having said all that even David Moyes could do a better job than Rodgers at the moment.

This is quite possibly an empty and slightly odd fear, but the fact that Ancellotti has been at the top table for over twenty years and has won everything there is to win makes me slightly concerned at how longer his hunger for the game will last. Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change. And it's hard to hold a candle, in the cold November rain.

It's a draining regime at the level he's been at. I would agree that Klopp would appear a better fit for us right now.

I don't know mate.  I think he'd love to manage us personally.  He seems to love the club as well. 

Mike gordon is the man purslow wanted to be but couldnt hold back from the limelight mike gordon is a sinister snake nudging apples round everwhere eargerly asking them raspingly to have a lick pretending to be just a ornamental tree branch whenever the light of scrutiny comes in his direction. He wouldve gotten away with it too if it hadnt been for getting away with it.

For the same reasons as Jairzinho, I'd be a bit disappointed with Ancelotti coming in.

He's done his best years, he's done the big clubs, and now he's sat on a leather sofa with his hands down his pants waiting for a retirement gig.

Klopp is the perfect fit, regardless of his managerial record. He just seems like the sort of bloke we need around the place, for the fans as much as the players. We need a manager we can get behind, one we feel we can trust and who 'gets us'.

Ancelotti has no business living in the NW of England. He's a metrosexual deviant who needs to be in metropolitan cities where his fetishes can be kept secret.

And this is the problem isn't it. We have owners who don't understand the club and the fans, so how on earth are they going to appoint someone that fits us? They want us to be an Ancelotti kind of club, and we will never be that sort of club, we're a working class and human, emotional club. We're not some dry, robotic institution like Chelsea, or PSG, or City, or Madrid. We don't want to be like them, it's not fun, it's corporations masquerading as footy clubs.

• Upvote 3

People are expressing concerns about hiring Ancelotti? That reminds me of the Summer of 2014 when people were against the rumoured signing of Cavani. "No thanks mate i'd rather just stick with Balotelli and Rickie Lambert, cheers".

Reminds me of a rebuke off someone on here last summer for not rating Lambert much. They said I'd be fine with his signing when he scored the winner in the Champions league final. True story.

• Upvote 2

People are expressing concerns about hiring Ancelotti? That reminds me of the Summer of 2014 when people were against the rumoured signing of Cavani. "No thanks mate i'd rather just stick with Balotelli and Rickie Lambert, cheers".

I would like to stress that Funnneeeee has misrepresented my view quite substantially. I have absolutely no concerns about hiring Ancelotti, I'd just be surprised if he was interested in the job.

• Upvote 2

He's won too much he might not be hungry enough we don't want his sort here.

Unlike the man we have who hasn't won shit but treats games in Europe like it's the jolly boys outing.

• Upvote 2

Klopp is the man to turn this juggernaut around. We need a youngish man in the middle of his career who will have the patience, drive and energy to come in for the long haul.

At his stage of his career, Ancelloti should be going to an elite club for a couple of years, tweak it a bit and win his next European Cup. He shouldn't be dirtying his hands with a fucking wreck like us.

If Klopp was completely out of the running, then of course I'd be made up by Ancelloti but I'd worry for the man and think he doesn't deserve to handle the mess that we are. 

• Upvote 2