You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I suppose there's some valid points there too, and we'll never know the true motives of every individual investor.

For some it's a little 'gamble' yes, and if it doesn't work out, so be it. But it that much comfort? where's the motivation to fix something that's not important to them?

But fundamentally, these guys want to be a success, and their measure of success is smart business investment with profits as their reward.

I do agree it's a flutter, as you say (for some of them), but still, this isn't their local team, or even a sport in their own country. I think the desire for profit is greater than any desire to enjoy a bit of speculative investment in a team.

The best outcome is always going to be Liverpool shining and everybody making lots of money.

The worst outcome is them losing a lot of money.

i.e. They'll be more upset at losing a lot of money than they will be in not winning anything (just my view, I could be wrong).

The motivation to fix something broken will be driven by the asset rising in value obviously, which happily coincides with a well run and successgul team, but i think some are taking a leap from that train of thought and coming to the conclusion that FSG are extreme capitalists for whom money is God.

If all they wanted was cash there are better ways of guaranteeing it.

I think they view us as a quaint project, like some bloke who enjoys doing up cars in his spare time, they get a hobby and a profit all in one.

I know it's not their local team, but association with a side doesn't guarantee anything, just look at Moores. I'd prefer competency over affection, but i suppose the jury's still out over their ability to meet that criteria.

No stadium news, bugger all help with the Suarez affair and now sacking Kenny has started to erode their sheen. I hope they know the honeymoon period is over.

That is part spin and part newspaper bollox.

But it is 100% bollox and embarrassing,

There is no way that Guardiola of Capello would come anywhere near this club.

We will end up with Martinez or Rodgers.

The big issue should I give up on football if either of them is appointed?

That is part spin and part newspaper bollox.

But it is 100% bollox and embarrassing,

There is no way that Guardiola of Capello would come anywhere near this club.

We will end up with Martinez or Rodgers.

The big issue should I give up on football if either of them is appointed?[/quote

yes you should give up

Guest davelfc

It would say a lot about the owners if they appointed a man who they knew would keep them honest.

I'd like to see Rafa back because when he is allowed to get on with what he does best, there's not many we could attract that would be better.

“If we win the FA Cup it will have been a very good season. Liverpool Football Club is about winning trophies and two out of three wouldn’t be bad, would it?”

Now contrast that with Ayre the turd...

Ian Ayre - “It doesn’t matter how many cups you win,” Ayre said. “Ultimately you’ll fail, because if you don’t have that sustainable revenue stream that comes from playing at the highest level it will be more and more difficult to compete.”

What Ayre said is the harsh reality of football now. Without the means to compete, any cup wins become rarer as you lose the ability to attract, and pay for, top players.

We may not agree with the businessmen, and their perspective may differ from some players and fans, but I'm not sure that makes them wrong.

Lets just say we appoint Martinez as manager.

A manager who has no experience of Champions League/Europa League football, and has until very recently been managing a club fighting relegation. What kind of message does that send out to potential signings, never mind the players who are here already, about the club's ambitions?

Wanting to wipe the slate clean and bring in a young manager who just so happens to have won fuck all, is one thing, but how could they possibly square that with their much desired aim of Champions League football? The precident is now in place. Fail to achieve what we (FSG) want and you're out on your arse. They have sacked a Liverpool legend. Martinez would be fucking toast after a few bad results and under the sort of pressure he has no experience of handling. Whichever way I look at it, I cannot see the sense in even considering Martinez.

Edited by JoeyJones65

What Ayre said is the harsh reality of football now. Without the means to compete, any cup wins become rarer as you lose the ability to attract, and pay for, top players.

We may not agree with the businessmen, and their perspective may differ from some players and fans, but I'm not sure that makes them wrong.

Even so, he shouldn't be saying things like that in public if he doesn't want people to think he's a massive fucking helmet.

"We're going to win the sustainable revenue stream, we're going to win the sustainable revenue stream, and now you're going to believe us...

Rodgers turns down Liverpool | Football News | Sky Sports

Sky Sports sources understand Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has turned down an approach from Liverpool over their managerial vacancy.

The Reds sacked Kenny Dalglish on Wednesday after a disappointing season that resulted in their worst league finish for 18 years.

Owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have already made an approach for Wigan boss Roberto Martinez but appear keen to interview other candidates as they search for the right man.

But it seems that won't be Rodgers, after the Northern Irishman rejected the opportunity to speak to FSG.

The 39-year-old guided the Swans to 11th in their debut Premier League season, earning many plaudits for the team's attractive style of play.

Liverpool FC used to exist to win trophies now we exist to provide sustainable revenue..

It's been like that since Moores sold the club. The only way to change this is if we become some rich-man's plaything. However, the soul of the club has only gone when supporters that understand TLW, stop caring and give way completely to the Sky Generation. This is why our history is so important. Acknowledge that football has changed but hold on to tradition and maintain TLW.