You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Who's advising them on the new manager, how can the appraise kennys season if they don't understand 'soccer'. These questions have not been answered - who's advising them? We have no CEO so it can't be him, its not as if they are surrounded by footballing people they are one the other side of the pond completely out of touch with the fans. Liverpool FC is a rudderless ship at the moment. They need to pull out some miracles in the next few weeks or fuck em.

Who's advising them on the new manager, how can the appraise kennys season if they don't understand 'soccer'. These questions have not been answered - who's advising them? We have no CEO so it can't be him, its not as if they are surrounded by footballing people they are one the other side of the pond completely out of touch with the fans. Liverpool FC is a rudderless ship at the moment. They need to pull out some miracles in the next few weeks or fuck em.

What do you care? You have been right in there at every loss in the MF.

You got what you wanted, have a whiskey or whatever you drink at during celbratory times.

Kenny said: "Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved," Dalglish said.

"I said when first approached about coming back as manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same," he added.

Henry said: "Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

In all honesty, do people believe Kenny there? I'm not sure you can do much more than take a man at his word in this situation, as he could've dropped a few subtle hints of a lot worse in there, but credit to the man, he took it on the chin with a dignity that is typical Dalglish.

However....

As much as it is sad to see a man like Kenny getting the sack, it'd be a lot easier to take if there was a up-and-coming young gun manager ready to assume control and take this club forward in one big, dramatic shake-up. Going by those comments from Henry though, I'm not so sure that has been done yet (unless they are merely playing their cards close to their chest)

As a few have already said, what they do next will determine whether this was the right move or not.

Great OP. I've been supportive of FSG until today. It was a stupid decision to not give Kenny one more year at least. Either money or a consistent long term manager are the only things that will get a team into the top four and we have neither. They have sacked practically everyone bar the tea lady and we are completely rudderless. There isn't a football man at the club to advise them on a new manager. It was clear to me that the performances were improving this season, that we needed a few tweaks here and there, yet a club legend is bombed out at the first opportunity. It's a sad day for the club.

FSG had better know what they are doing because when they appoint Martinez and he can't handle the size of the job, they are in for a rough ride.

I posted this in the other thread:

Following todays news, Spirit Of Shankly have released the following statement:

FSG: We need direction

We find ourselves once again experiencing another summer where talk centres around off the pitch decisions instead of footballing matters. The position of manager at Liverpool Football Club is one that deserves huge respect. It deserves all the resources of Liverpool Football Club to be put at the manager's disposal to make the Club as successful as possible. Today, we are once again in a position where this is not happening. At this moment in time, we have no Manager, no Director of Communications, no Director of Football, no Commercial Director and no ownership presence this side of the Atlantic, a situation compounded by the continued failure to appoint a Chief Executive.

There are also ongoing questions around the lack of a stadium solution. Recent decisions at Liverpool Football Club have led to more questions than they have answered. Today's decision does exactly the same. Many supporters will be asking just what exactly is LFC's strategy for the future. We would expect those in charge at LFC to address this situation urgently in a manner befitting of the Club's history and tradition to allow Liverpool Football Club to move forward. We would also expect those charged with moving the Club forward to engage in meaningful dialogue with supporters, something promised to us in those early meetings with Mr Henry and Mr Werner, but which is yet to materialise.

A good statement.

I am told by some who work at the club that H&W have visted Anfield less than G&H did over the same time frame.

The case against firing KK, which I supported, was that the downsides of a dismissal now outweighed the upsides.

Already that judgement is looking sound. Attainable targets like Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers are dismissed as too inexperienced, wildly optimistic targets like Klopp are bandied with the enthusiasm of a prospective date with Kelly Brook- and a similar prospect of it actually happening. Rafa is touted as being the latest retro love with the wistfulness of a divorced husband who wonders whether he should ring his ex for old times sake.

What is most shocking is not Kenny’s dismissal, there was a case. It is the systemic absence of anything which suggests that a wise alternative can be sourced. There is no-one, and I mean no-one, with the experience to make a decision upon which millions are riding.

FSG promised Broughton a new stadium. We have nothing. We were promised a world class manager after Hodgson left, which got as far as giving the guy who was holding the keys the job, rightly or wrongly. We were promised a world class CEO, we got a shirt salesman from Huddersfield. We were promised a DOF who would lay the foundations of our future for years, but it turned out to be for a year or so, and they didn’t like he foundations much anyway so after 18 months they thought they would change.

Like many, I would gladly accept “a plan”. A Van Gaal/Rijkaard combo, a Benitez/ Martinez combo, Dein, Barwick or Kenyon as CEO, Steve Stride as Company Secretary, it doesn’t matter whether I agree with it, at least you can see the coherence of the vision.

On radio5 today i heard that FSG had said that Ayre was staying as a key part of the FSG set up, and for the first time sine the news broke, i just laughed.

Fuck you as well. Plastic, no mark cunt.

Anyone who isn't distressed and angry about today can never call themselves a Liverpool supporter.

You're all that's wrong with modern football.

Fuck the lot of you and the cancer you rode in on.

Have a fucking word with yourself.

The owners sacked a manager after a season of dreadful underachievement. Some agree with that, you don't.

Big deal.

Why would you be distressed about today? Sad, maybe. Distressed? Get a life.

Others on here have called this a 'disaster'....nothing more needs to be said. This club has had its disasters, this isn't one of them.

I would suggest that it is those who go into a state of emotional meltdown because a club legend is sacked for doing a poor job who should have a look at themselves. It is all this emotional stuff which has held the club back for years, just ask Mr Emotion himself, David Moores.

Who is bigger? Kenny or the football club?

Grow up and get on with it.

Guest davelfc

I had better not say what i want to say as for once I will regret it later.

I will just post two things

Terry McDermott ‏@TerryMac777

In the modern day game its business people making football decisions and not football people making football decisions.

@marinadalglish: Out with friends and family! Feels like a wake but the corpse keeps chipping in!!!

The second made me smile a little.

I posted the following on the Kenny thread in the MF:

Very sad that things have panned out this way for Kenny. A number of extraordinary occurrences last season have conspired to over-amplify any weaknesses in Kenny's management skills. I would have liked him to get another year just to show that what happened last season was not beyond his ability to salvage and build upon.

With that in mind, I am able look at things in a more objective light. I realise that emotions are running high at the moment and that many of our fans are truly pissed off with how things are going at the top level, but try to bear with me.

I've run some stats based on the club's league performance over the past 2 seasons and a few things stand out. Individual errors and performances may play a large part in what I’ve put below, but to my mind it is clear evidence of a chronic lack of winning mentality that Kenny has struggled to get his squad to overcome.

Firstly, we have won only one game in which we conceded the first goal, and that was a home win over Bolton on New Years Day 2011, towards the end of the owl's reign. We never managed it at all under Kenny.

Secondly, after scoring the first goal in any game in 2011/12, we stood a 75% chance of gaining a win. The year before that, it was a 67% chance.

Thirdly, we failed to score in 34% of our games in 2011/12 (more than 1 in 3 games without registering a goal) whereas the year before, it was just over 18% (just below 1 in 5 without registering).

I can only assume that FSG have arrived at their decision after looking at similar figures and, after the meeting in Boston, couldn't be convinced that Kenny's thoughts on how to go about fixing it would have been effective enough or quick enough. That is not me excusing FSG's role in all this, but looking at the harsh reality. I know FSG always talk about long-term strategy and planning but it seems they are not averse to trying a quick-fix solution and making changes if they feel problems with minor details are likely to derail whatever long-term plans they have for the club. That is business-minded thinking to a tee, but it is extremely unfortunate that a man regarded as the soul of the club has been cast aside because he was deemed unable to find a solution. It is also very sad that business-minded thinking has no room for something that is intangible and unquantifiable, because these things mean everything to the average football fan and often make a bigger positive difference than something which can be quantified.

Kenny will always be someone I look up to because he was the main man when I started following the club.

I just repped this post by mistake.

Sorry Robbie but that is a load of bollocks.

People are reacting to this because we have played better football than in a long, long time, we have created chances, we have had shots at goal, we have been camped in the oppositions half and we have finally got the feeling back of being able to win things, playing finals etc.

As a fan it gives me a far greater pleasure to attend a final than if our accountant can add another sero to the balance.

Football lost today because people who knows fuck all about it are put in a position to take decisions about it.

Fucking hell.

We've lost 14 matches this season, 14! We've been beaten by some of the league's shittest sides to the point where it was almost a given, and this site has a thread for every single one of Kenny's buys which basically revolves around them being really shit.

I'm sick of this ifs and buts bollocks, you either win or you lose, that's football. And lest we forget, it's been only a matter of days since Kenny was on the end of some of our fans 'shoulda coulda woulda' shitty stick with the 'Carroll should have started the FA cup' brigade.

Where we finished didn't really bother me, finishing below Everton didn't bother me that much, what bothered me was the fact I'd become so accustomed to seeing us get beaten by Premiership flotsam that it no longer raised an eyebrow.

Behave, most aren't happy with the decision but there is no need for that. You are sounding like a right drama queen.

He is a drama queen.

Does anybody know what the club stands for, anymore?

Winning, hopefully. And we're not talking the Carling Cup.

Whatever you think of those players, Downing is in the England squad and Henderson on standby, so it's clear that in the world of football, and despite the season just gone, they're still rated very highly.

By Hodgson.

I would suggest that it is those who go into a state of emotional meltdown because a club legend is sacked for doing a poor job who should have a look at themselves. It is all this emotional stuff which has held the club back for years, just ask Mr Emotion himself, David Moores.

Who is bigger? Kenny or the football club?

Grow up and get on with it.

Been trying to think what to say but this pretty much sums it up.

edit. to be completely honest i'm 50/50 on the decision. I don't know the right answer but some of the stuff you read is mental. You'd never know it was grown men.

think people need to stop thinking heart over head, I wish Kenny had stayed and turned it around but lets face it 8th place with the money we spent is a fucking disgrace, anyone else would've been forced out months ago

Another horseshit peddler.

think people need to stop thinking heart over head, I wish Kenny had stayed and turned it around but lets face it 8th place with the money we spent is a fucking disgrace, anyone else would've been forced out months ago

Don't you start.

Fuck off.

And SOS can fuck off as well. Shitheads since day one.