You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 14/11/2022 at 07:15, Code said:

The atmosphere has gone to shit this season, when you would think more local people would be going, due to the changes with member tickets.

The three home games Ive been to so far, have been a bit embarrassing if I’m honest.

There was a ferociously good atmosphere at the Man City game, but I suppose that's to be expected. 

A lot of these problems are definitely down to the club seeking to create consumers who spend a lot of money rather than supporters. It's probably a global thing. The bulk of the crowd at any Barcelona or Real games seem to be just a load of people in replica shirts using their phone to record players taking throw-ins. 

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

There was a ferociously good atmosphere at the Man City game, but I suppose that's to be expected. 

A lot of these problems are definitely down to the club seeking to create consumers who spend a lot of money rather than supporters. It's probably a global thing. The bulk of the crowd at any Barcelona or Real games seem to be just a load of people in replica shirts using their phone to record players taking throw-ins. 

They have sold the Anfield atmosphere as a reason to get these "customers" in, problem is, its the local and die hard supporters that created the anfield atmosphere and they are the ones who are being marginalised to make way for the customers. 

It's been diluted down so much now that the atmosphere is no longer there.

It's no surprise that European nights under the lights give a better atmosphere as its harder for OOT to attend midweek.

• Upvote 2

Playing Devil's advocate, but it seems like we've got a lot of supporters who are about 90,  sitting on season tickets, and only sing on European nights. The tourists with camera phones are mirrored by a sea of pensioners sitting in silence.

When the kids get a ticket to the shitter League Cup games the place sounds like it's bouncing.

There has to be a happy medium the club could find.

• Upvote 2

The madness of this season has also had an affect on the fans. Just like players, fans need time to prepare themselves mentally for a game. There have been games this season that have felt like chores, there hasn't been time to digest the last shit performance and we're on to the next one.

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its easier for them to run for their cars with 15 minutes to go also.

What do we do about the locals pouring in from the pubs half way through YNWA though, and why do they always have colds? Constantly sniffing and rubbing their noses.

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

What do we do about the locals pouring in from the pubs half way through YNWA though, and why do they always have colds? Constantly sniffing and rubbing their noses.

Put down your mobile and watch they don’t trip over the bag from the LFC shop. Unless you’re local then ask for some lemo.

Also, blame the locals who sit on their season tickets for years and just use it as a revenue generating avenue.

Touting their tickets to people going for a one off game. These people will never give up their season tickets and people who have waited years and would make the atmosphere better end up having to scratch around for a ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Playing Devil's advocate, but it seems like we've got a lot of supporters who are about 90,  sitting on season tickets, and only sing on European nights. The tourists with camera phones are mirrored by a sea of pensioners sitting in silence.

When the kids get a ticket to the shitter League Cup games the place sounds like it's bouncing.

There has to be a happy medium the club could find.

Logans Run. Its the only answer. 

• Upvote 1

My ticket is in the lower Kemlyn, and, like loads around me, I’ve been there for over 30 years.
On European nights I get moved because it’s not our game, it’s UEFA’s game and they decided an entire block in the LSKD, as it’s now known, will be reserved for their “family” so I’m on the Kop. 
The European games are much better for atmosphere of course, but the three seats in front of me for normal games are sold out to anyone, pretty much, by whoever owns them. I’ve been informed it’s one person has them, plus two others in the stand, so as far as it goes, the “new” measures taken by the club to prevent tickets being used by non-holders (touted) looks like it’s a fail as far as those seats are concerned.
It may be that those tickets have been forwarded to F&F of course, but from what I’ve seen, there must be F&F in Japan, Scandinavia, Ireland and several parts of the UK by those who attend and they often make one appearance and that’s it.

If tickets are re-distributed by a ST holder for more than 50% of the games, I can see the club taking some kind of action to find out why that is, the forwarding has come in this season and it might take a season or two for the club to collate information as to what is going on with season tickets.

Ultimately, any extras that might be getting made by touts, the club will want in its coffers, so it might well be it’ll be controlled by the club, that is, there’ll be a tightening of who tickets be forwarded to before being put back into the pool of tickets for a game,  and season ticket holders who excessively distribute/forward might lose their tickets unless they attend a percentage of games. Controversial it may be, but these measures aren’t there for the fun of it.

All of this won’t add to the atmosphere of course, there isn’t a lot of singing where I sit, but there’s some, and there’s songs coming out of other parts of the ground now that weren’t a few seasons ago, the Main Stand has contributed towards the atmosphere since it’s been opened, and it’ll be very interesting to see if the new Anny Road will develop to have more singing too.

When needed, the crowd tend to respond, especially for big games, but in my opinion, it’s been like that for years, there isn’t a full ground roaring the team on every game, but when it happens, there’s nowhere else like it, and that’s why it’s special.

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

There was a ruse by way of taking a screenshot of the QR code that could be sent to anyone and used to get through the turnstiles. Seems the club are onto this as my (and several friends) code is no longer showing. 

Yeah, it must have around the time of the Leeds game as someone on here was trying to sort me out with theirs but we couldn’t get it done. 

Now you need to have the ticket on a phone, so it would have to be given to someone you know and trust to give the phone back afterwards.