You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another woeful performance today about the Terry affair. First he managed to wax lyrical about 'playing for your curry' and then he was very passionate about his dad, er, I mean, Terry and being innocent before proven guilty. At least 'Arry wasn't caught on camera like Terry.

Another woeful performance today about the Terry affair. First he managed to wax lyrical about 'playing for your curry' and then he was very passionate about his dad, er, I mean, Terry and being innocent before proven guilty. At least 'Arry wasn't caught on camera like Terry.

On the flip side he did give a bit of insight from when he was with England and said Liverpool players sat seperately to utd players and never liked gary neville.

I like the lad. He was harsh on Rafa, but the times he was harsh there was usually a level of truth.

I think people hold the Alonso at old Trafford thing against him too much.

He's a good lad, and he loves Liverpool football club. Tht's good enough for me.

It used to take him a few games to get his eye in when coming back from injury, but once he did his passing range was amazing. When he'd release a long ball you knew it would be incisive and hit the man he wanted. Supreme passer of a ball.

I like the lad. He was harsh on Rafa, but the times he was harsh there was usually a level of truth.

He's a good lad, and he loves Liverpool football club. Tht's good enough for me.

It used to take him a few games to get his eye in when coming back from injury, but once he did his passing range was amazing. When he'd release a long ball you knew it would be incisive and hit the man he wanted. Supreme passer of a ball.

I like him as well but to attack a manager when you don't even know what teams he played before is just plain shoddy.

Lets be honest he is eye candy for the ladies, that is why he is on the telly. He is pretty harmless and just repeats whatever is popular.

On the whole I doubt many reds have a strong dislike for him, but he is not respected as much as some of our other captains.

Yes, he's on fucking live sky football 'for the ladies'

Fucking hell. Fucking HELL

This 'Supreme passer of the ball' IS the Redknapp myth. He beamed the ball around but to no real effect. In effect he was an even slower Carrick. I reckon he made one goal for us with a through ball that I can remember, he put Fowler in in the second 4-3 with the Geordies! At the time there was very much an anti-Barnes in central midfield brigade. The real problem was Redknapp, look at how many goals JB made for Fowler during this time. When he was injured in 95 our midfield of Thomas and Barnes were fantastic. When Evans brought him back in we fell apart.

This 'Supreme passer of the ball' IS the Redknapp myth. He beamed the ball around but to no real effect. In effect he was an even slower Carrick. I reckon he made one goal for us with a through ball that I can remember, he put Fowler in in the second 4-3 with the Geordies! At the time there was very much an anti-Barnes in central midfield brigade. The real problem was Redknapp, look at how many goals JB made for Fowler during this time. When he was injured in 95 our midfield of Thomas and Barnes were fantastic. When Evans brought him back in we fell apart.

This.

A mate of mine (who passed away recently) was a mad blue,Him his wife and two kids were having a drink in the rocking horse by Aintree race course (a good few years back just after Redknapp left Liverpool fc)on a sunday afternoon and Jamie and his lovely wife were there my mates kids were kicking a footy outside by were they were sitting and Redknapp was kicking the ball about with them, Louise sat with my mate and his wife and was talking with them for about half an hour as jamie was playing footy with about 10 kids by now my mate was full of praise for them both (which was unusual as Redknapp played for us) he said one of the nicest people you could meet he also said he talked about LFC as "we" and "us" slagged Everton off abit aswell (in a banter kind of way nothing nasty)Before that my mate and his two kids met Duncan Ferguson (who was my mates idol at the time)he refused point blank to get a photo taken with the two kids who were in everton shirts at the time wouldn't even sign an autograph for them a total wanker apparently.

Always thought Jamie Redknapp was a great player and bloke although he does wind me up on sky sometimes.

A mate of mine (who passed away recently) was a mad blue,Him his wife and two kids were having a drink in the rocking horse by Aintree race course (a good few years back just after Redknapp left Liverpool fc)on a sunday afternoon and Jamie and his lovely wife were there my mates kids were kicking a footy outside by were they were sitting and Redknapp was kicking the ball about with them, Louise sat with my mate and his wife and was talking with them for about half an hour as jamie was playing footy with about 10 kids by now my mate was full of praise for them both (which was unusual as Redknapp played for us) he said one of the nicest people you could meet he also said he talked about LFC as "we" and "us" slagged Everton off abit aswell (in a banter kind of way nothing nasty)Before that my mate and his two kids met Duncan Ferguson (who was my mates idol at the time)he refused point blank to get a photo taken with the two kids who were in everton shirts at the time wouldn't even sign an autograph for them a total wanker apparently.

Always thought Jamie Redknapp was a great player and bloke although he does wind me up on sky sometimes.

This is similar to other stories ive heard about him and his lovely missus. Had time for most people.

I had a blue mate who worked in town and said Louise would come into their shop and talk to them all and was a really nice down to earth girl.

As a Sky pundit he does spout a lot of nonsense and follow the herd, but as that video shows, he definitely cares about the club and a lot of the people involved with it. I didn't have a problem with him accepting the honour of lifting the FA Cup with Fowler because Robbie and the other players wanted him to do so, as club captain.

• 10 months later...

I actually remember that. Thomas was hated (a bit strong a word, but he was a favorite scapegoat), Barnes was near the end, so Redknapp was the shining hope. As soon as the shining hope got back into the team and we fell apart. From that time on, the spell was broken (at least for me). I openly wished we could have traded him for Lampard from West Ham (back when his dad was still managing that club).