You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are they Rem?

Pony Princess got me a bottle of Woodford reserve which I'll be saving for a quiet evening. I also got the pauper of "bourbon" JD which I'm using as a casual drink.

They are stone shot glasses you can put in the freezer.

• 2 months later...

Currently enjoying some Woodford Reserve as I type.  

Three bourbons I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, all highly recommended:

1. Blanton's (You can also collect the tops - very distinctive, metal horse in different stages of gallop)

2. Maker's Mark 46 (Maker's is good: this is better)

3. Knob Creek (no laughing)

All of these are very good indeed. 

I like Makers because it was the first Bourbon I tried. The bottle is the thing that got me.

I'd always opt for a Woodford, mind. I like the fact it has a batch and barrel number printed on the front. Every bottle is different. Not massively. But still, I love the attention to detail. 

I went the 123 Club in Hope Street a few weeks ago, it's like going to someone's cellar who has an in built Pat Butcher bar there. It's expensive and a little bit pretentious but I had that Blantons, Woodford Reserve, Makers Mark and Wild Turkey. Worth a visit if you've got a bit of spare cash and want to get hammered. All are nice but I enjoyed Woodford Reserve the most.

• 2 weeks later...

You can make your own.

1. Pour the bacon fat into a container. Preferably strain it to get rid of massive clumps.

2. Pour in the bourbon. Do it at a 1:4 ratio.

3. Leave it at room temperature for a day so it infuses.

4. Throw it in the freezer until the fact solidifies and scoop it out and launch it in the bin.

5. Strain it into a new contain.

Voila.

Infusing is ridiculously easy.

• Upvote 2

You can make your own.

1. Pour the bacon fat into a container. Preferably strain it to get rid of massive clumps.

4. Throw it in the freezer until the fact solidifies and scoop it out and launch it in the bin.

Voila.

Brian Flanagan there.

You can make your own.

Voila.

Sounds like a brilliant way to ruin both bacon and bourbon

Sounds like a brilliant way to ruin both bacon and bourbon

Well you're obviously not going to do it with a bottle of Blantons or Four Roses, are you?

Get a shitty bottle of Bulleit and make it taste better with bacon. No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

First time I've had to neg you Stringy. This is a sad day.

Bourbon is fucking lovely. Blanton's and Eagle rare are as good as any other comparable whisky.

Sorry Rapey, I didn't want to post that as I knew you'd get upset.  You're a lovely fella, but you've just got no taste, and that's all there is to it.  

Repped Sugar Ape for the excellent collection.

I have a bottle of Woodford and another of Maker's 46. I think I've had all the ones in your picture apart from Eagle Rare. I will watch out for that.

Hoping to take a weekend trip along the bourbon trail some time in 2016. Was with a friend the other day who did it. He told me all the places to avoid (Jim Beam and Maker's to be avoided as they are overcrowded and commercialized) but Woodford and Willett* are both highly recommended. They give you samples, are family run/smaller, and the scenery is beautiful. I'm only 2 hours north of Louisville and not too far away from checking out the bourbon trail.

* I'm rubbish at posting pictures, but Willett comes in a distinctive bottle with a long neck to make it look like a pot still. This is a nice bourbon if you've not tried it.

• Upvote 1