You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Guest San Don
Yes, without a doubt, but the point I was making is, WHY was his attitude shite?

Because he was a sulky twat who sulked even more when he didnt get what he thought he deserved.

I remember him at the end of season last home game when it was clear we wouldnt be in the CL the following season. He didnt play due to an injury and he had a monk on him all through the game as the tv cameras kept switching to him.

He was like a petulant school kid who'd been told to attend the annual prize giving when he wasnt getting a prize. When he did the walk around Anfield with the rest of the players, his attitude stank the gaf out never mind the gob on him.

His attitude was shite because he wasnt having it his way.

Well he isnt having it his way at chelshit but he appears determined to use us as the blame for his career there going into sharp decline instead of looking at himself.

I thought he looked good and was working well. But too often, his time was spent coming back to get the ball, or going out wide to lay crosses into the box. I really can't remember seeing someone with that much talent having such a bad run of form and for so long. Anyone who says we should have him back, may be a bit mental.

Guest San Don
Scored more for us this year than he has for his big club.

Hahahaha. Fucking incredible. has the sulk got a twatter account? Perhaps we could remind him of that?

But Surez scored most of his goals when here at Anfield, so he can't only be a threat on the counter attack.

Torres was a good finisher whose super-power is finding space. As a focal point with players like Kuyt making space for him and players like gerrard anticipating where the space would appear it was easy.

Sturridge won't make unselfish runs to create space for Torres, he wants to score himself. Lampard can't anticipate like Gerrard and even then he wants to play it sideways so he can run into Torres' space to score himself.

Ergo, Torres and AvB are fucked. And Torres knows this.

His career is in terminal decline unless Benitez gets a job with a big spender soon.

Stevie made him look good lol.

No chance that Lampard is gonna pick the same pass as Stevie. Gerrard is one hell of a assist machine/chance creator.

Kuyt too. Kuyt used to make so many decoy runs that were just as important. They were all on the same wavelength. Chelsea don't have any of those ingredients.

I agree re the Gerrard being an assist machine & Kuyt's dummy runs helping Nando' as part of a setup designed for him almost when Rafa' was here - Think you both (those mentioned those two parts of said machine) forgot the third All important ingredient without which we were soon fucked as well re' Torres White Hot Streak with us - That was? Xabi's passing - Without the metronomic passing machine to help hold the ball, give Nando' Countless through balls & help slash opposing defences to ribbons via long passing moves (whilst weakening our team beyond all measure by dint of him becoming virtually our Only player capable of a passing game)? Well without That? I think Torres wouldn't have done half as well as he did with us.

Amen to that indeed 18-5. Torres is fucked, Chelsea & AVB with him - Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of C*nts & they Fully deserve it if you ask me. In fact I reckon we might just finish above them & Arsenal If we are careful & carry on the way we have this season in terms of being difficult to beat. Chelsea have None of the ingredients we had for Torres ( A chance creation machine to assist him upfront in Gerrard, A partner who makes non-stop dummy runs to open the space he needs So much in Kuyt & a metronomic passing machine capable of holding the ball & giving him the passes Into the space he thrives on in Xabi) Nor are they likely to remodel their team in order to give him them any time soon. Ergo they're fucked & Rightly so..................

NB I think the points re' Gerrard's assists & regular incisive passing, Maybe the dummy runs to? Might be important for us when it comes to getting Carroll firing regularly - Especially with regard to Gerrard - I think When he comes good? Carroll might prove better than Torres in one respect - He won't Need incisive passing or dummy runs to get goals - Just chances from the likes of Gerrard & maybe Kuyt/Adam etc. Do you really think anyone of That power with the confidence an on his game Andy has will need so much in his favour as Torres? Nope, thought not & it might just benefit us to in the long run................