You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC striker Nathan Eccleston under investigation by club after claiming 9/11

Skrtel Milk

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a complete fantasy based on absolutely fuck all.

Many modern versions probably are, but some people refer back to the actual real group that existed and say it's still around :

Historically, the name refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776.

The movement was founded on May 1, 1776, in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria) as the Order of the Illuminati, with an initial membership of five, by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt (d. 1830), who was the first lay professor of canon law at the University of Ingolstadt. The movement was made up of freethinkers as an offshoot of the Enlightenment, and seems to have been modeled on the Freemasons.

Originally Weishaupt had planned the order to be named the "Perfectibilists". The group has also been called the Bavarian Illuminati and the movement itself has been referred to as Illuminism. In 1777, Karl Theodor became ruler of Bavaria. He was a proponent of Enlightened Despotism and, in 1784, his government banned all secret societies, including the Illuminati.

Illuminati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not quite the same really.

"Them fucking Illuminati, coming over here, taking our jobs, and controlling our lives via a shadowy, globe-spanning society of king-makers and policy-controlling masters of a New World Order"

Hahah, awesome. It's good to actually have a laugh at something in this thread for a change.

It's not quite the same really.

"Them fucking Illuminati, coming over here, taking our jobs, and controlling our lives via a shadowy, globe-spanning society of king-makers and policy-controlling masters of a New World Order"

You're wrong. I would have been a helicopter pilot if the Illuminati hadn't given my place to that bastard Prince William. And I'd have shagged Kate Middleton

The thing about 9/11 is that for this to remotely plausible, thousand, literally thousands of people would have to be behind it. The army, bomb disposal, government officials fucking literally everyone, from all walks of life.

Now lets suppose that it was a conspiracy, why has not one person come out and explained the plan, came out to absolve themselves of guilt?

At the end of the day, this is a very taboo thing to say in the US, and Liverpool is really trying to expand its American fanbase, so I can't imagine this being tolerated unless they think not enough American soccer fans noticed. Liverpool is showing all of their matches on NESN (the Red Sox TV channel in New England) and if you're trying to recruit American fans, hearing that a player for Liverpool thinks that 9/11 was an accident and/or inside job would really hurt that. BTW, that's how it will get condensed if it ever gets coverage over here, not that a youth player and not the whole quote. Sometimes random stories from sports and players Americans don't generally care about (Eccleston definitely qualifies for that) get large coverage just because it'll get a rise out of Americans, so seeing as it was on the anniversary, Eccleston better hope it's not one of those random stories that blow up over here or he'll probably be toast.

At the end of the day, this is a very taboo thing to say in the US, and Liverpool is really trying to expand its American fanbase, so I can't imagine this being tolerated unless they think not enough American soccer fans noticed. Liverpool is showing all of their matches on NESN (the Red Sox TV channel in New England) and if you're trying to recruit American fans, hearing that a player for Liverpool thinks that 9/11 was an accident and/or inside job would really hurt that. BTW, that's how it will get condensed if it ever gets coverage over here, not that a youth player and not the whole quote. Sometimes random stories from sports and players Americans don't generally care about (Eccleston definitely qualifies for that) get large coverage just because it'll get a rise out of Americans, so seeing as it was on the anniversary, Eccleston better hope it's not one of those random stories that blow up over here or he'll probably be toast.

I think we should waterboard him, drag him about on a dogleash while hooded and bound, and videotape it.

That should appease the folk in the Land Of The Free

People hide behind the principle of free speech and 'opinion' when spouting stupid claims about what 'really' happened at Hillsborough (and, in the process, hurting and angering many who have already suffered enough). I don't see any difference in this case: he's an ill-informed kid who needs educating.

Hillsborough is being investigated though and there are at least some people in powerful positions seeing that due process is served and the correct questions are being asked.

To me it is more reasonable to question the US government/weapon makers/capitalists given there is history of deceit in these organisations and the events of 9/11 have seen their interests furthered.

Saying that he should be aware that we live in a world that is up America arse so much that we must all commerate the 9/11 attacks above the daily tragedy and loss of life that occurs in the third world, and that he should put the club before his right to express his opinion.

Maybe to make things right on the anniversary of Hiroshima he can claim that it was an inside job too and absolve America from that little doozie and we'll all be even?

BTW, that's how it will get condensed if it ever gets coverage over here, not that a youth player and not the whole quote. Sometimes random stories from sports and players Americans don't generally care about (Eccleston definitely qualifies for that) get large coverage just because it'll get a rise out of Americans, so seeing as it was on the anniversary, Eccleston better hope it's not one of those random stories that blow up over here or he'll probably be toast.

So you're basically saying that some random American media groups might try to wind up some Americans and that could decide whether or not Eccleston stays at his club in the UK. That just proves how completely stupid the whole thing is.

The thing about 9/11 is that for this to remotely plausible, thousand, literally thousands of people would have to be behind it. The army, bomb disposal, government officials fucking literally everyone, from all walks of life.

Now lets suppose that it was a conspiracy, why has not one person come out and explained the plan, came out to absolve themselves of guilt?

I don't thinks its about what he said, I expect its about the fact he said it at all. He has something like 30k followers and it spread like wild fire. Whilst he is in the public eye he represents Liverpool football club and he needs to be aware of that. He could of said anything in my opinion. With such an emotive subject anything slightly out of the ordinary in his comments would have had this effect.

Its sad because he's only a kid but, having said that, he needs to be more aware of who is and what he says. I'm not surprised the club are looking into it. Standard chartered our main sponsor had an office in the world trade centre and I expect that member of FSG knew people in the incident given that they made their money as individuals in the finance industry and the towers were the financial capital of America.

I just wish Nate had kept his mouth shut, because he is likely to have upset and offended people and potentially put his career in danger all because he said something stupid.

Not an opinion I ever thought I'd voice on a thread about Nathan Ecclestone, but the Coroners' Inquest system in this country really is excellent for shelling conspiracy theories - or exposing them. The 7/7 inquests and the Diana inquest permitted the relatives of the dead to question in public members of the security services and otehr branches of giovernment. They allowed the wilder theories to be exposed to the light of day, at which they withered. In the caseof 7/7, unbelievable incompetence was exposed. If thwre was a parallel system in the U.S., as opposed to an independent' comission without the same right for vitims' familes to cross-examine the relevant authorities, US government incompetence and idiocy might have been exposed, but it woudl probably have given the lie to the wilder theories.

Seen that jay lenno show where they ask random people from america who to bomb next and asking where iraq is? Most people wanted to bomb france, and everyone pointed on australia when they got asked abot iraq.

Strange if they can find these quotes :)

You could do that walking around Liverpool aswell, asking people political or geography questions, there would be plenty of stupid answers to put on camera

Guest ShoePiss
9/11 just as the cold was was orchestrated by the American defense or in this case attack industry.

Its the same with global warming as well, its all about the money.

We've just got done with a heatwave here in Portland. I'm loving this colder weather, god bless America and it's attack industry!

So you're basically saying that some random American media groups might try to wind up some Americans and that could decide whether or not Eccleston stays at his club in the UK. That just proves how completely stupid the whole thing is.

Hahaha, in effect, yes that is what I'm saying. I'm not saying I didn't think any of this was stupid or that I agreed with anything that was going on, just saying how it might play out.

If the illuminati are all powerful, and are lizards, one question; how come they haven't filled in Ant & Dec yet?

Surely Ant & Dec would be an Illuminati creation? Having gullible gaping morons sat at home, watching brain-numbing shite, while you flash subliminal messages encouraging servitude at them.