You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

L'equip petit

Lurtz

That's the attitude kids should have in this country.

There are a lot of kids here who do have the right attitude & the others only don't due to over enthusiastic coaches and parents who treat kids games as if they were Champions League games.

The Echo has a youth sport pull-out once a week where they highlight a kids game and give it a write-up. They ask both managers to say a few words at the end of the game & some of the comments would make your toes curl. One I remember was waffling on that ' Once our lads started cramping the space in front of their midfield runners, we got a foothold in the game' & I looked at the heading and it was an under-10's game.

There are a lot of kids here who do have the right attitude & the others only don't due to over enthusiastic coaches and parents who treat kids games as if they were Champions League games.

The Echo has a youth sport pull-out once a week where they highlight a kids game and give it a write-up. They ask both managers to say a few words at the end of the game & some of the comments would make your toes curl. One I remember was waffling on that ' Once our lads started cramping the space in front of their midfield runners, we got a foothold in the game' & I looked at the heading and it was an under-10's game.

Yeah, I suppose on reflection what was more refreshing in the video was that the coaches and parents weren't shouting at the kids or freaking out over results. As long as the kids are having fun, they'll be motivated and confidence will come naturally.

Some of the stories you hear about when parents shout at their kids from the touchlines or actually fight other parents is just shameful.

My arl fella use to run a kids team with the ethos of 'Go and have fun' they got battered every week.

They could be 5-0 down at HT and then maybe end up losing 6-2 and he would always say stuff like 'Well done, you won a half each there, I'm proud etc'.

He ended up fucking it off because some of the parents were moaning because they were getting eat every week, what those parents failed to realise was that everts kid got a chance in every game, no matter how good they were.

One of the most vocal parents ended up taking over when my arl fella thought 'fuck this'. Nothing changed other than a load of the kids left because a lot of them never got a game.

Kids football should be about enjoying the game and developing of skills and aptitude through enjoyment, not a parent reliving their youth through their child.

Bloody hell that's exactly like watching my lads team.Most of them are 6 or 7 but they have to play under 9.They get hammered week in week out but none of them care and the parents all enjoy bringing them.We've scored a few goals though.

Exactly as football should be at that age.