You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah totally agree mate although clubs who spend their own generated money through success and marketing etc are perfectly within their rights to and I wouldn't chastise anybody for that. Us United and Arsenal haven't had the ''sugardaddy'' as at City and Chelsea and I daresay the three clubs supporters would prefer it that way as well.

It makes things seem much cleaner and purer when the transfer money spent is through the club being successful on and off the pitch rather than the lazy nouveau riche way Chelsea and latterly City have done it. We are in a position to do that more than ever now so fingers crossed it all works out for us.

Deffo agree but the tv money in this league is probably equal to that of the Spanish, Italian and German leagues combined. As much as the money is self-generated it's also higher than other leagues.

I don't know why some of you do it to yourselves. I'm staying away from even seeing one image of them celebrating if possible, don't know how anyone can stomach it. I don't usually watch tv though so shouldn't be hard. Warner and his FIFA e-mails are far more entertaining too when it comes to footie news, he's gone on a proper mad one.

But for Barcelona's brilliance over the past few years United could easily have been level with us on European Cups now and ahead of us on League titles and three European finals in four seasons is a phenomenal record. The Mancs record over the past few seasons puts them probably as the second best team in Europe right now in terms of consistency.

I very much doubt it, Hiddinks Chelsea in 09 who were beaten in the semis by Barcelona would have provided stiff opposition.

This year Real Madrid may well have beaten them quite easily. So it is not just Barcelona who have been an obstacle. Although three finals is exceptional, the manner of their losses and getting spanked certainly leaves question marks.

Lets be honest prior to the game a lot of Liverpool fans on here were predicting they would sneak a win. So there does seem to be a lot of people reconsidering, following the game, that they were never in with a chance against Barca.

I doubt a Hiddink, Mourhnho, Benitez, DelBosque managed team would have not put up a better battle in the 09 and 11 finals.

"Tens of Thousands lined the streets" according to the BBC. Made a big deal of a little bit of rain and the obligatory comment about us from Dave from Salford.

They are so desperate to be in Ferguson's good books.

As evidenced by the continued efforts they make to implicate him, his family, and his staff in corruption and bribery scandals.

You moron.

As evidenced by the continued efforts they make to implicate him, his family, and his staff in corruption and bribery scandals.

You moron.

Coverage would have been by the local BBC, who are up his jack-seat, even though he treats the BBC like shit stuck to his shoe.

Taking the piss out of the mancs is completely different from what the bitters do with us in this case. The shite haven't won anything since I was 15 and their pedigree in this country is middling at best. When they attack our club it is jealousy pure and simple. We have more European cups than the mancs, our piss-taking is not jealousy, it's based on the fact that they measure their existence by the eternal quest to eat into our record and overhaul it, so obviously everytime they slip up on that route, I'm going to stand there - give them the Vs, and fucking laugh heartily. The absolute fucking scum that they are.

To use a Rocky analogy. The shite are like Adrian's brother Paulie. He's fat and bald, never did anything with his life, and when he's pissed he throws beer bottles at pinball machines that bear Rocky's name. He's a tragic figure.

The mancs are like Clubber Lang. Gifted but souless, cuntish and somewhat horrific, making claims to all who'll listen that he's coming after Rocky's title, that he's going to take what he's got, and he's going to show his woman a good time. The whole boxing world knows who the real champion is, knows who has the grace, knows who the older statesman is, and takes pleasure in seeing Lang get his dues in the ring. Because he's a cunt.

Absolutely.

You moron.

His jack-seat?

As dismal as the rest of your post.

urgh

Im puzzled. Are you on a personal crusade to become the forums most hated member?

suppose it all depends on what you mean by "bad"...ok by our standards its not good,but "bad"...? by blackpool, whu, etc its been ok?? we cant win EVERYTHING all the time, but i know since we got promoted in 1962, we have not had a BAD SEASON... average, adequate, great, brill, magical, awesome.. the list is endless.... but "bad"... never...

ps... hard luck the dung....

Ok, I've calmed down enough to reply to this post. It's probably a genuine mistake, but you've come to the wrong forum- this is a forum about LIVERPOOL FC. Here at LIVERPOOL FC we consider winning the league as 'average, adequate'. League plus a cup is 'great, brill' and league plus cup plus european cup is 'magical, awesome'. Total domination of england and europe is what Shanks built the club for. Bob paisley described coming 2nd as "bad times". We measure our success by our standards, not those of mere mortals.

Im puzzled. Are you on a personal crusade to become the forums most hated member?

No.

Here's my mission: to hate United, Baconface and all of those cunts. But not to do it in a wrong, embarrassing way, that has no basis in stuff like "facts" and "reality"

Because if you ignore stuff like "facts" and "reality", your vitriol loses some of its impact, given that it makes you look thick, bitter, deluded and desperate.

I suppose I'd sum it up by saying that I want to add some rational, objective thought to my blind hatred.

We'll see how I get on. Wish me luck!

You moron.

By continued efforts presumably you mean a solitary episode of Panorama in 2004 which mentioned his son?