Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1747 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

8 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Repping you both for taking time out to reply.

So if we win the CL next year, we are gonna be super rich

Interestingly given what Mudface and Dr Troy are saying it works counter to the whole "I hope all English clubs do well" bit, in fact we want all of the rest of them to crash out and lose badly so we get a larger slice of the pie.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Interestingly given what Mudface and Dr Troy are saying it works counter to the whole "I hope all English clubs do well" bit, in fact we want all of the rest of them to crash out and lose badly so we get a larger slice of the pie.

Exactly. If a team has to play a qualifier, we want them not to progress, and we certainly don't want any teams to get out of the group stages. I've never wanted any team other than ourselves to do well in Europe anyway- fuck 'em- the only caveat is that they do well enough overall to keep the 4 places for the CL as that maximises our chances of qualifying for it (hopefully that won't be an issue for the foreseeable future).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Basically yes. I think the only reason why anyone wanted another team to do well in the past was to help the Premier league coefficient as at one point UEFA were contemplating taking the 4th spot off the Premier League. Now there's no play off and all top 4 qualify so there's no reason for anyone to want another English club to do well. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Even when the co-efficient was an issue I thought ' fuck-em '

Agreed, though sometimes it is useful to have other teams distracted by European competition, but long flights to the furthest reaches of the Eastern block in the Europa league are perfect for this.

The only other teams I wouldn't have been bothered about winning European trophies were Middlesbrough and Fulham. In hindsight Fulham winning wouldn't have been good as everyone would still be wanking Roy Hodgson off. 

It’s like when you buy a lottery ticket and when you’re waiting for the numbers to draw you run through what you would buy if you won, a mansion, a Ferrari, holidays and then the numbers drop, you don’t win and it’s back to work on Monday in the pissing down rain and a bus soaks you with a massive puddle.

37DB4513-5553-4589-AF4E-C2FE47FB8DEF.jpeg

• Upvote 14

35 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

It’s like when you buy a lottery ticket and when you’re waiting for the numbers to draw you run through what you would buy if you won, a mansion, a Ferrari, holidays and then the numbers drop, you don’t win and it’s back to work on Monday in the pissing down rain and a bus soaks you with a massive puddle.

I hope they never change.

1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

Winning the lottery and buying a mansion, Supercar, etc is more realistic than Evertonian fantasies.

And there's part of the cause of all the bitterness. Some of them actually believe that they are going to blow the world off its axis with Ancelotti as manager.  Then when reality sets in and we're still miles ahead and winning shit and they're still floundering in mid-table the ugliness steps in.

They quite literally will never learn.

WTF?

Why is Kean white and got Pickford's arms? Why is Calvert Lewin's face 'whited' up above his neck? Walcott looks like a pile of turd, appropriately! Pickford has tits and those arms look, just wrong. Bernard's done well to come out of that looking half decent.

• Upvote 2

Walcott’s design is inspired. Digne looks like he’s escaped from an asylum, found himself a William Shatner mask, and is about to go on a killing spree.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Angie81 said:

@thestaveros is definitely Les McQueen out of the League of Gentlemen!