You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

On GOT they seem growing in confidence they're going to get at least some points back. Make of that what you will.  Me, I make it that it will now be even funnier if they don't get the points back.

If that happens, whatever "integrity" the PL has is wiped out.   The club admitted to cheating, they should take their punishment and get themselves sorted.   I really do hate modern football these days. 

8 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

On GOT they seem growing in confidence they're going to get at least some points back. Make of that what you will.  Me, I make it that it will now be even funnier if they don't get the points back.

Mainly by the same people that were confident they wouldn't get points deducted in the first place!

They’ll get points back and either another successful appeal or they’ll have the second charge squashed for the double jeopardy shout they’ve gone mad over.

None of this looks good on the PL and with Masters making a bit of mess of the recent hearing and subsequent communications, they need to keep their brand as high as possible. 

It still leaves the shite in the bottom six again and facing a derby down the back stretch of a season where all they have again is try stop Liverpool winning up to 4 trophies. 

The delays over the takeover approval are another worry for them, they’re already £180m in debt to this lot, just for running costs, who have a bad track record as well, who pays for that stadium god knows - they certainly won’t be getting away with bumping the prices up to our levels - £7,8,900 without European football. 

They’re still lathered in shite and doesn’t it suit them?

The points deduction is kind of irrelevant to Everton in a sense - they're not going down with the deduction and they're not making Europe without it - but the precedent it sets if it gets rescinded is fucking disgraceful.

Everton are screwed long term anyway. Even if by some miracle they finish the stadium they will still owe unbelievable amounts of money and pay huge amounts of interest for the privilege of doing so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon said:

The delays over the takeover approval are another worry for them, they’re already £180m in debt to this lot, just for running costs, who have a bad track record as well, who pays for that stadium god knows - they certainly won’t be getting away with bumping the prices up to our levels - £7,8,900 without European football. 

Nonsense! 

That new stadium is the best on the planet and creatures will travel from all over the galaxy just to see it. 

On 13/02/2024 at 10:36, Tenfolder said:

hahahaha this lot never fail to entertain in the replies... This genius has got it solved seemingly:

image.png.aaccd3742b9d62aa6a880173181b4574.png

Brighton is crammed with English language ESOL schools. The majority of students are SE Asian, and some are Japanese, but lots are Chinese as well. They're not there for the football. But spend the money you don't have on Japanese players, Everton.

28 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Brighton is crammed with English language ESOL schools. The majority of students are SE Asian, and some are Japanese, but lots are Chinese as well. They're not there for the football. But spend the money you don't have on Japanese players, Everton.

i4fgampp5bd81.png

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 13/02/2024 at 14:06, Harry Squatter said:

They argued that they lost money on potential transfers and made up some bullshit figures and also said they were finishing 6th and lost prize money. 

The league should have told them to fuck off because they based their losses on things that never happened.

Every team in the league could have inflated their figures by potential sales but only they did. 

If they have around the same fan spend as Burnley or Norwich surely their losses would be the same as them. 

I said when it happened if any team gkt fucked over by transfer loses it was us. I have no doubt FSG had planned to revamp the squad by selling two of Mane,Salah and Bobby and all even Mane and Bobby would ha e brought in 150-200ml at that time with their form and money knocking around

football fan who shouted racist abuse about Liverpool's Mohamed Salah and mocked the Heysel stadium disaster has been banned from matches.

Joel Barwise shouted when Salah's name was announced at Anfield on 21 October before the Merseyside derby.

Everton fan Barwise also made pushing gestures to taunt fans about Heysel, in which 39 fans died in a crush before the 1985 European Cup final.

He was handed a three-year banning order at Sefton Magistrates' Court.

The 26-year-old pleaded guilty to racially or religiously aggravated harassment causing alarm or distress by words or writing.

Barwise, of Bentham Drive in Childwall, Liverpool, was also fined £500.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said he was spotted by a match steward shouting racist abuse and making the other gestures.

Merseyside Police identified him from CCTV and he was later arrested.

The CPS said he initially claimed it was a case of mistaken identity before later admitting he was responsible.

Asked why he had done it, Barwise said: "Because I'm an idiot."

'Disgraceful'

His banning order means he cannot attend any football match in the UK over that time.

When international matches are being staged abroad, Barwise must surrender his passport.

He also cannot go within a mile of any Everton match, home or away, or within a mile of Liverpool Lime Street station on matchdays, the CPS said.

Senior crown prosecutor Angela Conlan described his behaviour as "disgraceful".

She said: "Joel Barwise no doubt thinks of himself as a loyal Everton fan but his actions bring shame to his club.

"He made fun of a tragic football disaster and shouted racist abuse when a key Liverpool player's name was announced."

Liverpool won the game 2-0 with Salah scoring both goals.

3 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

Even funnier if they got all the points back and still got relegated. 

It seems that the only things being a modern day Evertonian consists of is being permanently angry/outraged over everything Liverpool fc does, moaning about corruption, sky 6, Heysel and Collina. 

They barely talk about the team they supposedly support. Even bragging about the stadium.seems to have died off.