You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Yeah, it was great. I don’t buy the criticism that the acting and writing is terrible or anything close to that.

Jaime’s Heel turn had me in stitches. Jon pissed me off not petting ghost. Asshole. Although they set it up nicely for him to go north when all this bollocks is over. Daenerys is about to go full mad queen. Can’t wait to see how they resolve this. I’m sure whatever they do there’ll be plenty of disappointed people, unfortunately. I just intend to enjoy it for what it is 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A bit unclear why Cersei hasn't fired 700 arrows into Tyrion and that tiny fucking army as well? 

Edit: I've reverted to nitpicking again as I loved the episode, so it's a bit unfair but fun. 

They left a fucking Starbucks cup visible in one of the scenes. That says it all. They don't give a shit anymore and yeah, opinions and all that, but the story has objectively gone to shite.

I never used to be that guy, but there's so many things to criticize about this season so far plot-wise, it's crazy. Episode 2 was good, I loved it. The rest, while still very watchable tv on account of it being Game of Thrones, has been so disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

Really good episode. A lot of enjoyable moments. Unsure why Sansa is so dead against Dany though. Has Dany ever done her wrong? Jon Snow needs to grow a pair too. Not sure why he felt so compelled to tell the others of his real identity if he didn’t really want the throne. Varys is a snake too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I see someone leaked the details of last night's episode before it was aired and it was bang on. They've also leaked what is supposedly the ending of the series.

Anyone revealing spoiler on here before the program airs should be up for a lifetime ban, and a night with Stig... in the crypt.

45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They left a fucking Starbucks cup visible in one of the scenes. That says it all. They don't give a shit anymore and yeah, opinions and all that, but the story has objectively gone to shite.

Objectively, you say. What factual things are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

A bit unclear why Cersei hasn't fired 700 arrows into Tyrion and that tiny fucking army as well? 

Edit: I've reverted to nitpicking again as I loved the episode, so it's a bit unfair but fun. 

Nah, I felt the same. She could have won the war right there and then. But in general, a quality episode that was very GoT. 

I probably preferred that episode over the other 3 so far, back to gaming for the throne instead of sulking in the snow. 

It does feel very rushed though, not necessarily just poor writing, but all the subtlety has gone out of the window because we're running out of episodes.

Danerys has been chilled out because she's had pretty much everything her own way so far, now at the first sign of adversity she's having a psychotic breakdown. Probably should have planted the "mad queen" seed a while ago. Instead this plot thread developed in the space of half an episode. 

Why the fuck would anyone trust Sansa to keep a secret? Ned didn't even tell his wife because he knows women have big gobs and love gossiping. 

Somebody needs to push Bran into the sea, the useless cunt. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Objectively, you say. What factual things are you talking about? 

I mean there's a long list but just for example because I don't have all day:

When the dragon gets shot and dies. Dany was flying overhead and could see everything below, yet Euron's fleet which is right fucking next to her in her line of sight somehow catches her by surprise. What was the explanation? Was she asleep, was she flying with her eyes closed, was she being pleasured by the scales of the dragon she was riding and was in a euphoric trance? No, somehow the explanation is worse than all of those. 

Apparently in the after the episodes commentary, one of the D's says "Dany forgets about Euron's fleet". That's how it happens, she forgets that one of her main enemies in the episode exists. That's the reasoning. And people are supposed to believe that? If that's not lazy and bad writing I don't know what is. Objectively shite. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

When the dragon gets shot and dies. Dany was flying overhead and could see everything below, yet Euron's fleet which is right fucking next to her in her line of sight somehow catches her by surprise. What was the explanation? Was she asleep, was she flying with her eyes closed, was she being pleasured by the scales of the dragon she was riding and was in a euphoric trance? No somehow worse than all of those. 

Apparently in the after the episodes commentary, one of the D's says "Dany forgets about Euron's fleet". That's how it happens, she forgets that her main enemy in the episode exists. That's the reasoning. And people are supposed to believe that? If that's not lazy and bad writing I don't know what is. Objectively shite. 

I was wondering why she didn't loop around the back of the ships. They were all conveniently lined up next to each other and facing the same way. Would have been difficult for them to shoot backwards when all the guns are mounted on the front end. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

When the dragon gets shot and dies. Dany was flying overhead and could see everything below, yet Euron's fleet which is right fucking next to her in her line of sight somehow catches her by surprise. What was the explanation? Was she asleep, was she flying with her eyes closed, was she being pleasured by the scales of the dragon she was riding and was in a euphoric trance? No, somehow the explanation is worse than all of those. 

Apparently in the after the episodes commentary, one of the D's says "Dany forgets about Euron's fleet". That's how it happens, she forgets that one of her main enemies in the episode exists. That's the reasoning. And people are supposed to believe that? If that's not lazy and bad writing I don't know what is. Objectively shite. 

You know, it never fails to surprise me that most people can’t grasp the difference between objective and subjective. That said, no matter how much people explain the finer points of American Football to me, I never grasp it. Same with effect vs affect. I think it’s due to caring. What you just said is your subjective opinion that something is bad and your reasoning for it. 

• Downvote 2

I enjoyed that, more than the last episode. I prefer scenes with dialogue versus hollywood style action and this episide had plenty. I'm still a bit miffed with the lack of explanation about the WW and NK and the whole point of the cunt, and with the limited interaction with Bran, but overall it felt back on track. The Jamie and Brienne scenes were great as were Tyrion and Varys'. Dany is going to go full nutjob and Sansa/Arya will be ensuring she doesn't win, as will the cunt Cercei. Great stuff.