You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Todays games

James Dean

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And mid table Shalke will be no match for them either. Can't believe that average team has got to another European Cup Final, and this time at Wembley. I just can't help but see them somehow getting Barca on an off day and winning this. It's all fallen into their hands.

Well they're quite clearly not average are they. When is this fucking delusion ever going to end? I see they've averaged their way to a 10 points lead at the top of the table and into another FA cup semi-final. Oh to be average as they are. Still, if they do win another treble we can always blame the ref and tubthump about how things will be different next year.

Erm , That was shite on toast. This Chelsea team needs building from the ground up. Torres just does'unt fit and looks a shadow of a player. If Drogba had played fro the start Chelsea would have given the filth a better game.

Cant see anything but a Barca Manc final now, here's praying Barca dick em again.

By the the way I hate that wacko Jacko pin - headed twat Nani with a passion.

He was so consistent at his peak but he has not maintained it last two seasons burnt out like Terry and lost his way. He is no Gary Speed that's for sure.

There is quite a few in that Chelsea side that seem like they've lost their way in the past 12 months or so.

Well they're quite clearly not average are they. When is this fucking delusion ever going to end? I see they've averaged their way to a 10 points lead at the top of the table and into another FA cup semi-final. Oh to be average as they are. Still, if they do win another treble we can always blame the ref and tubthump about how things will be different next year.

They are average players, but they havent got an average manager. They have the right mindset which is enough to beat most teams in the league because its a shit league.

Calm down.

Compared to all the former man Utd teams then are average. Very average in fact. They have been able to avoid any decent team in the CL so far, and the 9th placed german club are not going to change that in the Semi. The Premiership is laughably weak at the moment. When they meet Barca in the final, if both teams play to their full ability then it'll be 9-0 to Barca, but they wont. In fact, real will probably fluke a win in the Semi and then collapse against them. Whatever you are taking about refs for next year, I don't know, but they have been lucky with their run so far in the CL, and if chelsea, Arsenal or ourselves were anything like we were a few years ago then we'd have pissed the league. But we are not, and so Utd get to be the best of a very average bunch.

They are also on course for the lowest league winning points total in a decade.

Chelsea are fucking idiots. They would have won this had they started with Drogba in his favoured position in both legs. Even though he was played as a support man for Torres in the 1st leg he was still miles more dangerous than the turncoat. And the 2nd half today showed just how much better Drogba is, and what a stupid decision it was by Abramovic to start with that stroppy tart who was once a Red. So fuck Chelsea, their owner's vanity has rightly cost them this tie. And fuck Torres too, that massive, treacherous prick.

Hard to think of a player who has struggled more than Torres is now. By far the most expensive player in the history of English football; hasn't scored for 11 matches and subbed at half time in a Cl-quarter final when his team needs goals. What an embarrassment.

I think that deep down he knows he's made a huge mistake, one he will regret for the rest of his life. That burden will be more damaging to his career than any injury.

From the moment he left us there would only be one outcome. Well and truly bestowed with the curse of Michael Owen.

United were worthy winners, and I was almost sort of glad they beat Chelsea. At least they're a proper team. Rooney was brilliant, as he has been recently, and watching Abramocunt, Mongo and especially Torres I was happy to see them rightly dumped out.

I don't think I could bear watching United reach another final though, so come on Schalke

Originally Posted by king7

I think that deep down Torres knows he's made a huge mistake, one he will regret for the rest of his life. That

burden will be more damaging to his career than any injury.

I'd like to think so, but I don't think footballers are like that are they? They are, and have to be bullet-proof. They back themselves 100%, even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

But even if we do go on to be successful in the next couple of years, he will know it was because we got rid of him. We wouldn't have improved with him.

I am 100% glad Owen moved on because we wouldn't have had Istanbul with him. Owen won't have regrets about leaving. He was unhappy and staying wouldn't have changed him.

Similarly, Torres did the right thing because his time was up. He won't regret it as it was best for both parties. He will regret joining Chelsea, but not leaving Liverpool.

The fact is, at the moment it looks great for us and terrible for him. Long may it continue.

If the Mancs are average, then what does that make the rest?

People go on about piss easy draws, but which other teams could say, with any degree of confidence, would do the Mancs over two legs? Barca? Real at a push? That's about it in my book. I was made up when they drew Chelsea, because I thought they'd do them, as they seem to have had the sign over them for the last couple of years. If I were to rate United's potential opponents in the Quarters in order, I'd probably rate Chelsea as the third most difficult opponent they could have received, purely because I think they'd easily walk the rest.

Is it really a piss easy draw if you're better than every other team left in the competition, barring one or two?

In my opinion, you have to concede that either the Mancs aren't that bad (certainly nowhere near as good as some of the teams Ferguson's had there down the years, but still not bad nonetheless), or that there's a dearth of quality right across the board. People go on about the Premier League being a shite League (and I'm not one who jumps on the 'best League in the world' bandwagon), but I'd hate to think what that makes Serie A, the Bundesliga or La Championnat. I'd even go as far as to say that they'd smash every team in La Liga, barring the two obvious ones.

I've already accepted they're in the final. Thank fuck I'll be abroad in the States while the final's being played and I'll be able to shut myself away from it all.

They are also on course for the lowest league winning points total in a decade.

So what? If they would have needed more points you can bet your life they would have got them. Sorry I'm just continually exasperated at how easily some just play down their complete dominance with excuses of referess, brown bags flukes and shite opposition, Its delusion on a grand scale. I hate them as much as the next man but I'm buggered if I will ignore what's obvious and start putting forward nonsense arguments because I can't handle it.

It's not their strongest ever team but the manc vermin are far from average. They have probably the best defensive unit in the league when all their players are fit. They have very good wingers in Nani and Valencia. They've got great options up front with Shrek, Berbatov and the Mexican midget. Their central midfield isn't great but it's industrious and determined, to the point where the likes of Carrick, Park, Anderson and Fletcher all can do a good job when called upon. As individuals they're far from great but they all put in a shift and work well within the overall team. And they have experienced players like Giggs and Scholes who somehow are still able to play at a reasonably high level. And most importantly for them they have a manager who has always managed to instill a winning mentality in all his teams. I'm afraid they're not average, they're a bit better than that and will be in another final. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the spawny cunts do manage to beat Barca or Real in the final.

So what? If they would have needed more points you can bet your life they would have got them. Sorry I'm just continually exasperated at how easily some just play down their complete dominance with excuses of referess, brown bags flukes and shite opposition, Its delusion on a grand scale. I hate them as much as the next man but I'm buggered if I will ignore what's obvious and start putting forward nonsense arguments because I can't handle it.

Personally, I don't think they are shite. They have players who put the fear of god into defences. Something I think we've only just got back recently by bringing in Suarez and Carroll.

But I find the continuous rush to say they don't get alot of shite in their favour, odd to say the least. The cunts get numerous decisions every year in their favour, I don't give a fuck what anyone says, they've won a few titles over the past 10 years on the back of dodgy decisions because more often that not the dodgy decisions have given them the 6 odd points they've needed to win the league.

Thats not saying they are shite, Juventus and A.C weren't shite when they were matching fixing. But the match fixing still helped them. And I'm not saying United are match fixing, I think the shite they get away with is purely down to Fergie scaring the fuck out of Refs. But anyone who says they havn't got a lot of dubious decisions down through the years is plain wrong in my opinion.

Its not a JFK like conspiracy, its just the way things are.

They've been a good team for the past 10 years. No doubt, but so have alot of other teams. In 2008/2009 we shot ourselves in the foot on alot of occasions. But in the rush to put ourselves down more often than not alot of people forget how much shite they got in their favour that season. And they beat us by what, 4 points in the end?