You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Todays games

James Dean

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Jamie Rednapp in the crowd there just now ?

Haha yeah I saw that. His son was trying to be upbeat and getting him to cheer, but he just sat there and ignored him.

We beat Real Madrid 5-0. 3 years ago now...?

Just to make it sound more depressing, it was only TWO years ago!

People can take the piss out of Redknapp all they want but he's done one hell of a job there.

Took an alright and vastly under-performing Spurs squad, has spent 65 million quid net across five transfer windows and what he's achieved makes it hell of a job?

Sorry, not for me.

He's done fairly well, at best.

'arry: extraordinaire tactician

Needs a shitload of goals and leaves Defoe on the fucking bench for most of the game.

Genius.

To be fair, if you want to score goals you're best leaving him out, he's scored 2 league goals in 12 months.

People can take the piss out of Redknapp all they want but he's done one hell of a job there.

Agreed. He has spent money like he has done all the time with various clubs but no one, not even the normally deluded Spurs fans, would have thought they will be playing Real Madrid in the QF of Champions League so soon.

I expect it to go flat though. With a big bang.

I'm sick of this ITV love in. Spurs are fucking 5-0 in the tie, they've been annhilated yet they're still bigging up Spurs. Saggy face's brown envelope to Chiles (cunt) and co must've been a big one.

It wasn't just ITV, the whole british media seemed to be deluding themselves that Spurs had a chance to turn this tie around! Been pissing me off all week!

"The wonderful atmosphere at 'The Lane'"

"Get an early goal or maybe two up at half time"

"Look what happened at the San Siro"

"Not the greatest Real side, they have a poor record against English teams"

BLah Blah Blah de bloody Blah!

All this was ignoring the fact that Real under Mourinho are actually a decent side and might actually come to Spurs and actually, you know, play football and not just lie down.

The whole Spurs "adventure" has been a great media marketing campaign for a side who fair enough like to attack but cant defend for toffee and who got bummed by the first decent side they came up against.

Look at who they beat. An Inter side that is a shadow of last years (Jose factor now at Madrid) and who just got right royally shafted by a mid table German side. An AC Milan team with an average age of about 45. Average Dutch and more average Wolfsburg.

Ugh! I'm glad its all over and hope they enjoy the Europa League next year. Although Man City seem to be doing their best to let them back into CL next year!

I thought Bale was pretty good considering he's still to gain full fitness. He's a superb player and seems like a sound fella, not his fault the media are overhyping him. At least he doesn't crave the attention like a few other pricks I can mention. Wish we'd bought him instead.