You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound familiar? Extract from Hodgson's bio on Wikikipedia!

"To Blackburn's honour, Jack Walker wanted me to resign, he wanted to still pay for the rest of my contract. He said, 'Why don't you resign? You've had enough, it's not working out.' I refused to do that, arrogant of course as I was in those daysI thought if they stuck with me I'd save them from relegation. I do think that the players were very much still with me, so I couldn't resign because that would be a suggestion that in some way I was doing something or something was happening which I didn't see to be the case or the truth. I gave him no choice but to sack me"

His final game was a home defeat by Southampton.

If I make a commitment I am sticking to it regardless of what comes up, especially if I can fulfill the commitment and still get the offered gig.

Wasnt the cruise something he'd promised his wife? I read that somewhere (prob on twitter)

Regardless of what came up, if I fucked off from a holiday / promise to my mrs! Life would not be worth living trust me!

I can appreciate this.

so let ME get this straight

people are whinging that Deschamps wont leave his current job where he's just won their first league title in 20 years ,they're still in the champions league and whom he started his playing career and captained to champions league glory

but its ok for Kenny to be finish his holiday in fucking Dubai?

if they wanted Kenny, he'd be here before the Utd game, cop on man, he's here to stay

Fancy a bet then? Ten quid to the HJC says Roy is gone by the end of the season.

I fucking hate Twitter. Its given the enormous mass of sad bastards who populate the internet pretending to know someone or something important the perfect venue to disseminate their make-believe self-aggrandizing bullshit.

Rule #1 for not wasting time and making an arse of yourself on the net: If you don't have a valid, defensible reason for believing what someone says, treat it as horseshit.

Guest davelfc
Wasnt the cruise something he'd promised his wife? I read that somewhere (prob on twitter)

Regardless of what came up, if I fucked off from a holiday / promise to my mrs! Life would not be worth living trust me!

I can appreciate this.

people are paying £3000 for a cruise that promises amongst others, Kenny Dalglish. They expect to hear him give talks, no doubt there are people that have paid to share a dinner table. This isn't a holiday he can run home from, this is a contracted obligation he can not just abandon.

people are paying £3000 for a cruise that promises amongst others, Kenny Dalglish. They expect to hear him give talks, no doubt there are people that have paid to share a dinner table. This isn't a holiday he can run home from, this is a contracted obligation he can not just abandon.

Fuck off, etc.

Sunday fills me with dread.

After knocking us off our perch, we're now giving Ferguson the chance to piss all over that perch and then burn it in front of the watching world. This is the day he's been waiting for all his life, and I've seen nothing in the current team or manager to suggest we'll offer any kind of defence against the inevitable. Jesus Christ I'm petrified.

I agree with this. There's no way Hodgson should be allowed to manage Sunday's game, especially if it is to he his last game in charge. I don't trust him not to do his bezzy mate a favour.

I have to say I am hugely unimpressed by the owners. Most supporters have seen with their own eyes how shit we have performed under Hodgson. His away record in English football should - if Hodgson had any shame about him - be a source of great embarrassment to him yet he has continued his record breaking shiteness at our club.

We have lurched from disastrous result to disastrous result under him yet the owners have done nothing to remove the biggest cause of the problem. Fiddling while the place has burnt. If Hodgson takes us down a league I will despise him but will blame the owners. Hodgson is poor at this level so his results are to he expected. The owners however have done fuck all to try and rescue the situation despite numerous reminders that something had to be done.

The honeymoon period for the new owners has ended prematurely. Now, pull your fingers out of your fucking arses and do what FUCKING OBVIOUSLY needs doing.

surley kenny can make a exception and get back for sunday.for fucks sake being at old toilet on sunday.should mean more than fucking floating around a ship!!! in the middle of the gulf.talking about yesteryear!!!.i know people have proably paid a lot of money but cometh the hour cometh the man in all that.

Well, the Liverpool way is to leave the assistant in charge. It's actually the first time ever that I thought we'd be better off going into a game with no manager.

Then you'd really see a response from the players. And those that didn't put a shift in, should be shunted out.

Manure mates of mine - independently of each other - have said that they'd shit it if Roy was sacked right now.

surley kenny can make a exception and get back for sunday.for fucks sake being at old toilet on sunday.should mean more than fucking floating around a ship!!! in the middle of the gulf.talking about yesteryear!!!.i know people have proably paid a lot of money but cometh the hour cometh the man in all that.

I think thats really unfair mate. Kenny is a man of his word and wouldnt/shouldnt leave people in the lurch like that.

For him to walk away from a promise/prior arrangement would be very knobbish of him and correct me if im wrong, but one of the many things people love about Kenny is the fact hes a gent. So dont expect him to change!

Besides, the players are low, lazy and need discipline, what difference can he make to most of that in one maybe two days? Yes he would instill passion and heart and determination in the players but that will take time even for Kenny.

Kenny's a man of his word. And while he lives and breathes Liverpool, he is entitled to earn whatever he likes, whenever he likes. This is not some jolly he's on. He's not going to run away from a contractual obligation that was made long before this situation arose. And anybody who suggests otherwise is a selfish shortsighted idiot.

Kenny's a man of his word. And while he lives and breathes Liverpool' date=' he is entitled to earn whatever he likes, whenever he likes. This is not some jolly he's on. He's not going to run away from a contractual obligation that was made long before this situation arose. And anybody who suggests otherwise is a selfish shortsighted idiot.[/quote']

Go 'ead, Damo.

WG i understand kenny being a man of his word and you would be correct. he is that but he must realize the awful position where in. and the need for some lift the tenure of woy which has been argued to the death here has been a disater. i thinke even with a day,s preperation kenny could motivate the players better than woy.

Patience is something Liverpool fans used to have. The fuck is wrong with you people?

Patience got eroded by

1 - 20-odd years with periods of "so near yet so far" in the league

2 - the above period coinciding with our biggest rivals' rise to pre-eminence

3 - the above period being under the combined custodianship of a who's who of worst club owners

4 - the Sky generation wanting everything yesterday

If Kenny has an obligation to fulfil in the Gulf, let him fulfil it.