You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how talented johnson is going forward the fact is he can't bloody defend. He's a liability at the back and needs to be got rid of quick time. Johnson is fortunate to have kuyt on his side to help him out otherwise all the teams would be constantly attacking that side as it would be our weak point.

Kuyt is fortunate to have Johnson on his side, otherwise the ball would be constantly breaking down when we attack on the right and have to come back inside or backwards, that's assuming that Kuyts first touch doesn't already cede back possesion.........Oh....wait.

Swings and roundabouts.

Liverpool have been linked with a push for Ronaldinho in the New Year, with the player's contract due to expire in June.

Ronaldinho is aware of Liverpool's interest, says Tuttosport, but isn't sure if he could handle the rough-and-tumble of Premier League football.

However, he is willing to listen to what Liverpool have to offer and is prepared to take a pay-cut on his €7.5 million salary if he can be assured of regular first team action.

Was Comolli talking about Bolton when he said that certain clubs are in financial trouble and we can take advantage of their situation?

Hmm...

If he was he wasnt talking about just them, he said clubs all around europe.

There are a few clubs who are in shite around europe so could be any of them. He also said that because of this we could do things that otherwise wouldnt be possible.

I have a feeling that he means a good player who it may be strange for us to be able to get at a good price, not Elmander, no disrespect to the fella or anything but thats a different sort of "strange"

Sorry ignore that last one he is playing.

***gets in taxi***

Its kind've a problem when he's on the field and you don't notice him eh? Maybe not for us after all....

As an aside, NESV do have a soft spot for 'reclaimation projects' in a limited capacity, so Ronaldinho wouldn't be off the map for them. The question is whether or not he would come to Liverpool and how serious he is about trying to re-discover his best...

Its kind've a problem when he's on the field and you don't notice him eh? Maybe not for us after all....

As an aside, NESV do have a soft spot for 'reclaimation projects' in a limited capacity, so Ronaldinho wouldn't be off the map for them. The question is whether or not he would come to Liverpool and how serious he is about trying to re-discover his best...

If anyone could lure out the best of Ronnie it would have to be the most experienced and respected manager that is Roy Hodgson. His methods are proven universally effective, everywhere from Scandinavia to Switzerland...

Yes, he's a Slovenian national he's 22 and plays right and left wing (left footed), he's got great technique, not so pacey (but not slow as some of our "wingers") as he's pretty tall for a winger and a great shot. Scored 6-7 goals for Palermo in Serie A and go 5+ assists as well. But he only joined Palermo in August (and he already switched clubs in Slovenia in June so he can't play for three different clubs). I'd say give him another year or two and we'll se if he'll develop into a top player.. Hope it helped a little bit.

Yes, he's a Slovenian national he's 22 and plays right and left wing (left footed), he's gor great technique, not so pacey but still fast as he's pretty tall for a winger and a great shot. Scored 67 goals for Palermo in Serie A and go 5+ assists as well. But he only joined Palermo in August (and he already switched clubs in Slovenia in June so he can't play for three different clubs). I'd say give him another year or two and we'll se if he'll develop into a top player.. Hope it helped a little bit.

Sounds like Leto

Sounds like Leto

Yes, he's a Slovenian national he's 22 and plays right and left wing (left footed), he's got great technique, not so pacey (but not slow as some of our "wingers") as he's pretty tall for a winger and a great shot. Scored 6-7 goals for Palermo in Serie A and go 5+ assists as well. But he only joined Palermo in August (and he already switched clubs in Slovenia in June so he can't play for three different clubs). I'd say give him another year or two and we'll se if he'll develop into a top player.. Hope it helped a little bit.

Sounds like Riera

You accuse him of being a good finisher in a poor league, but hadn't really heard of him before the World Cup? He's been one of the top scorer in the Dutch League for the last 3 seasons and last year scored 49 goals in 48 games. If you'd never heard of him, you're probably not qualified to judge either his ability, or the quality of the Dutch League because you've not been watching it. Also, if the "power teams" are on the verge of meltdown, that doesn't affect the quality of the league at present, or over the last three years.

I had not really heard of him before the World Cup. His antics there turned me off to him. In looking at his name and reputatioin since being linked with us, it looks to me like his scoring record is impressive in a down league. Ajax is not the power it was, PSV is not either. Nobody really stepped up to take their place as a power team in that league (which I have some familiarity with but admittedly not that much), hence the league being 'down'. He is no doubt a talent. I'm a bit jaded by the other stuff that may be clouding my judgement. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Apologies if already posted but I'm not wading through 60 odd pages - Just passing on what I've heard from a decent source that Ashley Young is the top target for January plus one of either Suarez, Vucinic or Gomez.

Unfortunately it's the Gomez from Bayern and not the Addams Family but you can't have everything.

Take as you will etc but please don't shoot the messenger.

Rory Strikes again, this in the last 30 minutes

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

From this morning, in case you missed it...#LFC after Fanni. Snigger. Liverpool target Rod Fanni from Rennes to strengthen defence - Telegraph

25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Followed By this 5 minutes later

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

If Fanni has signed for Marseille, they've done well to get it sorted in the 22 hrs since I was told he'd prefer #LFC. Apologies if so, tho.

19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Comedy gold that lads articles, he wana steer well clear of Tom Wilson for Info