You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres Demands New Owners!!

WhiskeyJar

i know torres is a fantastic striker and wouldnt swap him for anyone, but hate it when players are mouthing off especially when he spent most of it on the treatment table last season, with any luck burt and ernie wont see xmas as club owners and if we get anyone to come in get the stadium built and clear the debt and give roy 50-100 mill next season we will all be happy and concentrate on things on the pitch for a change

cunt

anyone else think this comment is a bit strange?? was it just the translation.

"Hopefully, we can find a consortium that buys the club and can make Liverpool able to fight financially with Chelsea and United.

"Then let’s see what we’re capable of doing this season."

• 2 weeks later...
everybody knows the club need new owners, been vocal isnt going to help matters, torres should shut his face and try score a few fucking goals instead of mouthing off, at the end of the day his cash is in the bank every week its about time he started earning it, if hes that annoyed im sure hicks and gillette would gladly take the 60mill for him..........

yeah this is the kind of guy I was talking about on the Kop, best fans in the fucking world pmsl...embarrasing.

anyone else think this comment is a bit strange?? was it just the translation.

"Hopefully, we can find a consortium that buys the club and can make Liverpool able to fight financially with Chelsea and United.

"Then let’s see what we’re capable of doing this season."

He's a footballer, not a financial analyst or stockbroker, furthermore English isn't his native language. Bottom line is, the ownership issue is getting to him, like it is with Reina, that's what you should be concerned about, how it's affecting the players.

Nando is 26 and pushing 27, he is arguably the most gifted finisher of his generation, one of the few strikers in the world able to score from any angle and usually at the crucial time. He left his beloved Atletico, club, that is in his blood since early childhood, to finally end trophy draught, rejecting many massive offers from clubs with better prospects and more financial muscle. He's nearly 27 and won everything in international football and still has no club silverware. He's spent 3 years without a trophy here, while Atletico won Europe League, so he can already regret his move. Atletico splash substantial money every year and seem to go upwards, while we're on a steady decline. If we fail to secure Champions League for next season, one of his main aims when he came here, wouldn't you understand him if he leaves? A 27 year old striker, one of the best of his generation, whose career might end sooner rather than later because of injuries and instead of playing on outskirts of European football for third consecutive year he DESERVES top side where he can win some medals?

Nando is 26 and pushing 27, he is arguably the most gifted finisher of his generation, one of the few strikers in the world able to score from any angle and usually at the crucial time. He left his beloved Atletico, club, that is in his blood since early childhood, to finally end trophy draught, rejecting many massive offers from clubs with better prospects and more financial muscle. He's nearly 27 and won everything in international football and still has no club silverware. He's spent 3 years without a trophy here, while Atletico won Europe League, so he can already regret his move. Atletico splash substantial money every year and seem to go upwards, while we're on a steady decline. If we fail to secure Champions League for next season, one of his main aims when he came here, wouldn't you understand him if he leaves? A 27 year old striker, one of the best of his generation, whose career might end sooner rather than later because of injuries and instead of playing on outskirts of European football for third consecutive year he DESERVES top side where he can win some medals?

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more.

Torres is fucking brilliant isn't he. This is about the 3rd time he's come out and said this over the course of the last 18 months. I'm not gay but I'll admit I'd have a little smile on my face if I could give him a cuddle :)

Loads of ex players have blasted the yanks at some point or another, Phil Thompson did big time end of last season, and Aldo's always saying it. I had some moron on the Kop against Benfica last season singing, 'Liverpool, Liverpool' at half time trying to shout down the cries of Yanks out, saying get behind the team instead. He had previously told Carragher to shut his fucking mouth and called Kuyt a thick Dutch twat. And they NEVER sing, but they'll shout down the lads in the 305. Hypocrites most on the Kop.

I reckon most Kopites might just maybe wake up and realise they've been wankers over our ownership situation if Kenny Dalglish walked towards the Kop, arms outstretched, with a Yanks Out Tshirt on, asking, "what the fuck do we have to do to get a protest going"????

...Maybe

indeed

{IMG}hyyp://zzz.anfieldroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/dalglish-torres.jpg{/IMG}

Was chatting to an Atletico-supporting mate over the summer (before the Roy appointment and Torres openly re-committing), who basically re-emphasised that he doesn't give a stuff (relatively speaking) about money, and even that he's more than willing to sacrifice the short-term possibility of a trophy, so long as he sees that there is a "project" (his words) in place that he can be part of for medium-to-long term success, and that he's not the type to jump ship prematurely (he could have left Atletico a season or two earlier than he actually did).

He reckoned at the time Torres would likely commit for another year (which he did), but that if this shitstorm didn't get sorted out within that time he'd likely be off.

Depressing as it is I share your sentiment, and so long as he doesn't go all Mascherano on us he'll leave with my genuine best wishes. I just hope if he does go it's to Barcelona or Italy, don't think I could stomach seeing him turn out for another English club, and Real is out for obvious reasons.

Is right. If/When he leaves, it will be the clearest indication to all those oblivious that the club is all but dead as a force.

Is right. If/When he leaves, it will be the clearest indication to all those oblivious that the club is all but dead as a force.

Hate to say it but your spot on, if Torres goes we will slip into obscurity, Gerrard is coming to the end of his time too, without those guys what do we have to offer in terms of attracting the new generation of stars ?

"You can play along side Lucas" Yeah that's gonna do it :/