You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should SOS release a statement about the proposed takeover?

Apologies for posting this seperately, but this would get completely lost in the existing takeover thread.

Just thinking out loud here, but should SOS get involved and release a statement on the proposed takeover? If they are already planning to, then apologies.

A strongly worded statement could re-iterate to everyone involved what their duties are (Broughton, RBS and co) as the two cunts at the helm of our club will resort to every dirty trick in the book.

Thoughts?

So if this deal falls through because of our current owners, have SOS any actions planned the 15th?

We have no plans for any Direct Action on that day for a variety of reasons linked to the having a new manager, the supporters rightly wanting to get behind the team first and foremost.

This will change if the owners indicate an intention to appear.

We will be seeking to continue leafleting etc on the day to continue awareness raising.

Guest simon
Spot on again, Simon.

SOS want to run the Club - remember?

Well i said it because non of these linked seem to be fans haha i wasn't having any pops this time. Ithink any fan is going to be catious wouldnt want anything like our current again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't see why they would (or should) make a comment about this. Unless, of course, they are privy to vital information that needs to be released, then they don't know enough about those involved with the purchase.

Graham, I assume that protests are being benched 'til this saga plays itself out?

I don't see why people think SOS could have any influence whatsoever on proceedings with regards to the takeover.

I admire their cause, they have got the best interests of the club at heart, I know that, but people like Tom Hicks and George Gillett wouldnt give a fuck about a couple of hundred people a thousand miles away going on a protest march.

The only possible way RBS could be affected by SOS is if every Liverpool supporter worldwide threatened to stop dealing with them.

The effectiveness of SoS is very limited at best when dealing with big businesses.

But, as I say, what they do is for the good of the club and I am not slating their intentions but just saying that it is virtually ineffective.

Thats just my opinion obviously, there are clearly a lot of people who think that SOS are the driving force behind getting the yanks out.

We have no plans for any Direct Action on that day for a variety of reasons linked to the having a new manager, the supporters rightly wanting to get behind the team first and foremost.

This will change if the owners indicate an intention to appear.

We will be seeking to continue leafleting etc on the day to continue awareness raising.

And this is SOS problem in a nutshell and the exact reason they will achieve next to nothing other than cheap bus travels to away trips.

I don't see why they would (or should) make a comment about this. Unless, of course, they are privy to vital information that needs to be released, then they don't know enough about those involved with the purchase.

Graham, I assume that protests are being benched 'til this saga plays itself out?

Agree with this, they should not comment before anything happens, but if yet another deal falls through because of our cunts of owners they need to hit them hard and not be worried about soft arguments like first game of the season/new manager etc, etc.

And this is SOS problem in a nutshell and the exact reason they will achieve next to nothing other than cheap bus travels to away trips.

lobbied the premier league, and banks, sat down with the premeier leage, held gg and TH to account, exposed Purslow as the snake he is, lent a hand to the Shields campaign and their family's fight for justice for their son, put on free coaching camps for children, stopped hicks getting into the ground, stopped hicks getting out of the ground, launched a supporter ownership scheme were any fan in the world would be able to take part in raising mney to buy the club, organised an event for 5000 people in one of the citys most historic sites.

Oh and organised a few coaches

But most of all, throughout the year, on countless occassions they found the strenght to sit in the same room and hold discussions with Rogan Taylor!