You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

He's a destroyer of clubs. QPR is next to go close to bankruptcy. I don't understand why chairmen of these small clubs indulge him so much with this crazy spending. And he's such a fucking hypocrite. Just a month ago he was complaining about the wage bill and how a club like QPR with only a 19k seater stadium couldn't sustain it. And yet he goes and spends more and more on these overpaid mercenaries. I wish a brave journo would call him out on this but he's the media's darling and only has sycophants in the press.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a destroyer of clubs. QPR is next to go close to bankruptcy. I don't understand why chairmen of these small clubs indulge him so much with this crazy spending. And he's such a fucking hypocrite. Just a month ago he was complaining about the wage bill and how a club like QPR with only a 19k seater stadium couldn't sustain it. And yet he goes and spends more and more on these overpaid mercenaries. I wish a brave journo would call him out on this but he's the media's darling and only has sycophants in the press.

I feel as if I'm sticking up for Redknapp far too much these last couple of days but in this world where managers are getting sacked every two minutes and there is no long termism in the game I don't think you can blame him for spending everything the chairman lets him in order to save his skin, its the people who give him the money to spend who should be held responsible

"There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money," he said. "Far too much for their ability and what they give to the club".

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past."

"A lot of agents made money out of them [the club's owners]," Redknapp said.

I'd love to see the details of this Loic Remy deal.

Samba on £100k per week. Guess who Samba shares an agent with?

although I have just seen he is going for Jenas and Bentley, two players he never gave time of day to at Spurs which just stinks of signing for the sake of it

I think he is addicted to doing deals regardless of what he might claim. It seems as though he needs the fix of working on transfer deals, even if they are only short-term and serve no purpose for his squad. And despite what he has said about past recklessness by QPR in the transfer market and with their wage bill, he hasn't questioned when his targets are offered silly money in order to join QPR. While club owners and chairmen are also partially responsible for the financial mess that usually results when Redknapp has been at the club, he is a lot more hands-on with transfer negotiations than he ever claims in the media. If he's not chatting to a Sky reporter through his car window this very minute, I am almost certain he's on the phone to various agents.

I wouldn't mind Samba at Liverpool though.

Well, if Lucas and Coutinho can strike up a rhythm...

QPR have apparently signed him for £12.5m, and given him a 4-and-a-half year deal worth £100k per week. He is 28 years old. The total cost to QPR (not including agent fees and so on) is around £35.9m, assuming he sees out that deal.

THIRTY FIVE POINT NINE MILLION POUNDS!

FOR CHRIS SAMBA!

A TWENTY EIGHT YEAR OLD DEFENDER!

Sky must absolutely love him. Without him half their transfer deadline day specials would involve nothing but things like Rochdale signing Leyton Orient's reserve keeper on loan. I think some people go a bit overboard blaming him for all the financial problems previous clubs have got into as the clubs' owners and people involved in the financial side could just tell him no they can't afford the deals, but it has to be said some of his transfer dealings really are just odd. Jenas is just about the last player you'd turn to when you're looking for someone to help out in a relegation scrap. I remember wanting us to sign David Bentley from Blackburn. Can't be many footballers whose careers have collapsed so completely.

QPR have apparently signed him for £12.5m, and given him a 4-and-a-half year deal worth £100k per week. He is 28 years old. The total cost to QPR (not including agent fees and so on) is around £35.9m, assuming he sees out that deal.

FOR CHRIS SAMBA!

That's on top of what he gets from royalties from those Chewits adverts, the big, ugly, lumbering, shit cunt.

FOR CHRIS SAMBA!

QPR are really playing with fire signing players on that sort of money. They could well be risking the future of the club on the gamble of staying in the premier league. Is there a wage drop built in for if they're relegated? If not no one else would be willing to pay him wages like that so they're stuck in the championship with a player on wages all but the elite teams in Europe would consider excessive.

I can't think of anything more pointless than concerning myself with what players earn. They all get way too much, some more so than others.

in terms of market value Samba should not be on 100k p/w, I imagine in terms of centre halfs there are only a handful on this sort of money and all will be several times better players than him, this must be of concern for QPR's future if it doesn't work out

Guest San Don

Cant believe they are paying samba 100k a week! he was probably on 40 grand a week tops before he went to russia.

Utter madness by mendes to sign that off.

That Samba deal is seriously fucked up for a club at the bottom of the league. Surely there's something built in to that contract to help the club if they're relegated.

And can Samba alone save them? Who else will they sign if not? I guess it makes sense to sort their defence out, but insane money.

Didn't even realise 'Arry was their manager until I read about this signing.