You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Important World Cup Thread

I think it is important to honour the countries that have sacrificed so much, brought such pride to their countries, have allowed children, adults, the sick, the bed ridden, the youth, adults, and all in between to dream the impossible dream. The beautiful game; a celebration, it transcends class, nationalities, it's all inclusive, every one can relate, can forgive, can embrace, can be one. Even posters who have Pepe Reina avatars and then wear trackies whilst keeping goal.

It is vital we honour these countries competing in the only way I know how:

By quaffing, in copious quantities, the beer and/or/both/may ales of those who qualified.

June 11- South Africa (Castle) vs Mexico (Coruna)

But after that, it can get tricky. France is good (Kronen 1664) but Uruaguay? Not finding anyhting Uruaguayan at the local shop or pub.

What aboot North Korea? I guess I could email:

Dear Dear Leader,

I've got some yellowcake. Will trade for North Korean lager, preferably one with a bit of kick but a nice finish. Kind of like a torpedo.

Sincerly,

NP Dear Leader of Beer Drinkers

Algeria? Do they have ale there? Are they progressive or radical?

And no way I am going near Steinlager. No wonder all that bother of Middle earth over there if they're guzzling that wombat piss. Most kiwis are just wannabe Australians so Fosters will do, even though it's a tad bland.

Ah, a summer of Sapporo, Corona (a good summer beer and lets face it, when you push that lime through the long neck bottle it's a bit like fingering isn't it?), Estrella, Quilmes, Brahma.

Obviuosly some liberties will have to be taken (ie- Tusker from Kenya will suffice for Ghana. Czech beer will take me back before the Velvet Divorce and will be Slovakia)

ah, it's going to be a good summer of football and beer.

Top choice for Group B games :

424px-Nigerian-Guinness-back.jpg

Nigerian Guinness - 7.5% awesomeness

For Swiss games - the legendary Hooligans - brewed under licence in Kent - makes Stella seem pacifist (Bellflower knows)

hurliman.jpg

The Group G Brahma V Superbock clash promises to be heavyweight - my money will be on the 'Bock

Super_Bock_L.jpg

Edited by BatChainPuller

I think it is important to honour the countries that have sacrificed so much, brought such pride to their countries, have allowed children, adults, the sick, the bed ridden, the youth, adults, and all in between to dream the impossible dream. The beautiful game; a celebration, it transcends class, nationalities, it's all inclusive, every one can relate, can forgive, can embrace, can be one. Even posters who have Pepe Reina avatars and then wear trackies whilst keeping goal.

It is vital we honour these countries competing in the only way I know how:

By quaffing, in copious quantities, the beer and/or/both/may ales of those who qualified.

June 11- South Africa (Castle) vs Mexico (Coruna)

But after that, it can get tricky. France is good (Kronen 1664) but Uruaguay? Not finding anyhting Uruaguayan at the local shop or pub.

What aboot North Korea? I guess I could email:

Dear Dear Leader,

I've got some yellowcake. Will trade for North Korean lager, preferably one with a bit of kick but a nice finish. Kind of like a torpedo.

Sincerly,

NP Dear Leader of Beer Drinkers

Algeria? Do they have ale there? Are they progressive or radical?

And no way I am going near Steinlager. No wonder all that bother of Middle earth over there if they're guzzling that wombat piss. Most kiwis are just wannabe Australians so Fosters will do, even though it's a tad bland.

Ah, a summer of Sapporo, Corona (a good summer beer and lets face it, when you push that lime through the long neck bottle it's a bit like fingering isn't it?), Estrella, Quilmes, Brahma.

Obviuosly some liberties will have to be taken (ie- Tusker from Kenya will suffice for Ghana. Czech beer will take me back before the Velvet Divorce and will be Slovakia)

ah, it's going to be a good summer of football and beer.

NP, don’t diss the Kiwis just because of dirty Steinlager.

A quality beer brewing nation they are. You may be able to find a bit of Monteiths over in Canada?