You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The David Moores Letter

What did you think of the letter from DM?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the letter from DM?

• Excellent.
    • Good, but could have gone a bit further
    • Disappointing
    • Completely pointless

Number 19 what facts?

Fact 1) £105m was put on to the club.

Fact 2) The club is servicing the debt right now to Kop holdings to the tune of £250m approx while H&G are here.

Fact 3) The revised stadium was £400m.

Fact 4) This could go even higher if they increase it to 70,000 as they will have to secure a traffic management scheme which will add on a probable £100m

So if Liverpool want to build a stadium it will cost them in excess of £700m since the owners arrived. Unless the owners leave then we can write off the £250m owed by Kop holdings.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gives the cause extra publicity. The fans 'in the know' will want more of an apology and can argue until the cows come home about how much blame he should take... but those who are blissfully ignorant of any problem at the club might sit up and take note now, along with thousands of other fans. They don't read the detail, they read the headline.

All I'm saying is that I think this is a positive development in getting the fucks out. Regardless of how you feel about Moores.

nope i cant because in them days everything was done the proper way behind closed doors and not aired in puplic so i would think it would be hard for anyone to comment on that unless we get into the guessing game

Well the proper way wasn't successful under Moores was it.

Number 19 what facts?

Fact 1) £105m was put on to the club.

Fact 2) The club is servicing the debt right now to Kop holdings to the tune of £250m approx while H&G are here.

Fact 3) The revised stadium was £400m.

Fact 4) This could go even higher if they increase it to 70,000 as they will have to secure a traffic management scheme which will add on a probable £100m

So if Liverpool want to build a stadium it will cost them in excess of £700m since the owners arrived. Unless the owners leave then we can write off the £250m owed by Kop holdings.

You were including the stadium development as money already owed by the club. Things are already bad enough without confusing the situation.

This isn't some little error here, this is our club being destroyed by some cancers. We're on the brink of administration here if it gets much worse. We could be flung into obscurity for years.

You speak as if it's an easy mistake to make, oh poor old davey, he's only gone and sold the club to two cancerous leeches who will bleed it dry and destroy it. Ah well what's he like, the dopey old bugger, live and let live eh?

Hindsight is not an excuse he gets, it was HIS responsibility to ensure that the club was going to the right new owners. He didn't do that, (by his own admission) and I'm certainly not going to cut the cunt any slack for he mess he has put us in. For the people thinking the extra millions made no difference to his choice, well it certainly sped up the decision didn't it?

Even less likely to cut him slack after that letter that does more to ease his conscience than anything else. I hope him, Coco and those two twats rot in hell.

no what i was trying to say was in hindsight he wishes he had done things better and nobody can say they aint had that in there own life

yes it was his responsibilty to make sure the club went to the right and proper people but what i saying is he got sucked in by the crap he was given to a degree 90% of fans did .It may sound like im defending him but im trying to look at both sides of the fence.Yes he was wrong but if they hadnt put the debt on the club and built the new ground would we be debating this now? no we wouldnt.

David-Moores-has-previous-001.jpg

That face could have been used by Eisenstein to demonstrate the principle of montage. Show it alongside an image of a drum-playing gorilla, a whistling kettle, a man on a tightrope, an unlocked door, Peter Purves, a sickly dog, a heated argument in the Leyland Transport Museum, a speech by Ed Balls, a Dublin sky or Jimmy Stewart confronting a nun on a staircase, and it will send out the right signals. It's a face of such bewildering blankness, stained only by indeterminate anxiety, you can only pity the soul behind it. Best of all: show it alongside a large poster that says, 'Out of his depth'.

Guest davelfc
no what i was trying to say was in hindsight he wishes he had done things better and nobody can say they aint had that in there own life

yes it was his responsibilty to make sure the club went to the right and proper people but what i saying is he got sucked in by the crap is was given to a degree 90% of fans did .It may sound like im defending him but im trying to look at both sides of the fence.Yes he was wrong but if they hadnt put the debt on the club and built the new ground would we be debating this now? no we wouldnt.

While 90% of the fans might have been drawn in, they had no access to the facts nor the responsibility he had to the club. It was his decision and you cannot make pathetic excuses like that.

nope i cant because in them days everything was done the proper way behind closed doors and not aired in puplic so i would think it would be hard for anyone to comment on that unless we get into the guessing game

I think Dicko was pointing to the fact that FUCK ALL WAS DONE, in public or behind the scenes by Moores and his people hence the NEED for investment, when really there was no NEED for investment.

The original cost of the stadium was £60m.. Don't you think Moores could have raised that via loans, naming rights, better sponsorship deals... Even a fucking 25 year "mortgage" on the stadium would have seen it already paid off...

So there is no guessing game involved. Fuck all was done which has led us to the mess we are in at present.

Guest Pistonbroke
It gives the cause extra publicity. The fans 'in the know' will want more of an apology and can argue until the cows come home about how much blame he should take... but those who are blissfully ignorant of any problem at the club might sit up and take note now, along with thousands of other fans. They don't read the detail, they read the headline.

All I'm saying is that I think this is a positive development in getting the fucks out. Regardless of how you feel about Moores.

They are going anyway. Club is up for sale, just a matter of how long now and if those bastards fins anyone gullible enough to pay their asking price. The longer it goes on then the debt rises and their profit margin will drop.

None of us know what goes on in Moores head, but he isn't a saint as most businessmen are cunts when it comes down to money. His speech stinks of self pity and wanting to wash his hands of any responsibility in our club going bust.

In fact i'm more worried about the long term stability of the club than ever now. I foresee a huge fucking shock on the horizon and Moores is trying to soften the backlash which is bound to come. He can fuck off with the rest of them as far as i'm concerned.

Guest davelfc
Oh right. So he's a red again and not a cunt? But will the lynch mob now allow him to live?

Bastard, I've just polished my pitch fork as well.

Oh right. So he's a red again and not a cunt? But will the lynch mob now allow him to live?

Never met him don't know if he's a cunt or not. Just thought I'd direct you to what he said. Enjoy the rest of the morning.

They are going anyway. Club is up for sale, just a matter of how long now and if those bastards fins anyone gullible enough to pay their asking price. The longer it goes on then the debt rises and their profit margin will drop.

That's the positive angle, which I hope is the case. But if nobody is prepared to buy then the club can't be sold. Newcastle had that problem didn't they? The difference being that we'll go into administration as soon as the profit margin has gone.

It might be better to start again. Get new owners who buy the club without the promise of a new stadium. Invest in the squad, and get us back to where we were before these 2 pricks took over.

You were including the stadium development as money already owed by the club. Things are already bad enough without confusing the situation.

I really wasn't. I was trying to explain the full actual cost of what these twats will do to us if they can ever see it through.

While 90% of the fans might have been drawn in, they had no access to the facts nor the responsibility he had to the club. It was his decision and you cannot make pathetic excuses like that.

pathetic excuse? tell me if ive read things wrong but didnt moores have it in writing that he had promises that the ground would get sorted and the debt wouldnt be againt the club.What more could you ask for dave?

yes i was 1 of those fans that got sucked in yes moores had more access and we all wish he had said hang on give me a few more days to checkout this hicks fellow. yeah perhaps we wouldnt be in this shit but then again we might have

i have been a liverpool fan for over 35 years and can understand the fact we all have an opinion on what has happened to the club we love so much but lets not lose sight of the fact its not just about 1 man there was a board at the time they was just as eager to sell as moores was

Guest Pistonbroke
That's the positive angle, which I hope is the case. But if nobody is prepared to buy then the club can't be sold. Newcastle had that problem didn't they? The difference being that we'll go into administration as soon as the profit margin has gone.

It might be better to start again. Get new owners who buy the club without the promise of a new stadium. Invest in the squad, and get us back to where we were before these 2 pricks took over.

We might not have a choice in the matter the way things are going.

I really wasn't. I was trying to explain the full actual cost of what these twats will do to us if they can ever see it through.

I dont think you get it. They are fucking broke and no bank will touch them to forward the finance for building a stadium. Again, that post clouded the issue further. We already have enough shite flying around.

Guest davelfc
pathetic excuse? tell me if ive read things wrong but didnt moores have it in writing that he had promises that the ground would get sorted and the debt wouldnt be againt the club.What more could you ask for dave?

He could have actually done some homework on Hicks instead of just taking Gillett's word.