You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Greek

BexBissel

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when it comes to being a footballer, he's extremely shit. But when teams are pumping crosses into the box then he comes into his own and is excellent.

As I said in today's match thread, he played very well and is a very honest player so you can only respect him for that.

If everyone is fit though, he gets nowhere near the team in my opinion.

I think when it comes to being a footballer, he's extremely shit. But when teams are pumping crosses into the box then he comes into his own and is excellent.

As I said in today's match thread, he played very well and is a very honest player so you can only respect him for that.

If everyone is fit though, he gets nowhere near the team in my opinion.

How do you think he could improve on what he currently doing?

Liked him at Bolton away where he cleared nearly everything in the air but got derided for a couple of mistakes. Tenacious, aggressive and fearless, but there's a penalty waiting to be given away in there.

He's not as good as Sami, especially on the deck, but who is? The aerial defensive side of his game is on a par with the best, and that's what he was bought for.

The Greek is an unassuming big hairy, scary monster who goes about his business quietly but seriously, and very professionally. I wasn't expecting the second coming with him, but I have been more than pleased with his performances.

And he came without an exZorbaitant fee.

Excellent scouting, eh?

It's a sad state of affairs when simply being an uncompromising grock who can head the ball makes a Liverpool player stand out from his team mates. That's no reflection on him, mind you - I'm delighted to see his current form; it is a reflection on the fucking awful season we're having and the shambles of a squad Rafa's assembled though.

It's a sad state of affairs when simply being an uncompromising grock who can head the ball makes a Liverpool player stand out from his team mates. That's no reflection on him, mind you - I'm delighted to see his current form; it is a reflection on the fucking awful season we're having and the shambles of a squad Rafa's assembled though.

I was about to type the same, only less eloquently.

Sami has publically backed Rafa so he wasn't alienated.

He got a 2-year deal which we couldn't match for a 35-year old.

Just as Xabi's £50m deal or Crouch's Storrie/'Arry show which has since left a proper club with decent fans bankrupt, there was a very simple financial reason behind the move which we couldn't realistically compete with, as there is in most career decisions.

Yet instead of addressing the huge cancer of sugar daddy owners & over-leveraged clubs that is in modern football (noone suggests that GinSoak thinks that Valencia & a Welsh crock are better than LadyBoy/Tevez) we get a load of undiginified abuse of our manager.

Rafa may or may not be the right man for the job but to ridiculously put these moves onto him allows the cancer at the heart of our game to get away scott-free.

Sami has publically backed Rafa so he wasn't alienated.

He got a 2-year deal which we couldn't match for a 35-year old.

Just as Xabi's £50m deal or Crouch's Storrie/'Arry show which has since left a proper club with decent fans bankrupt, there was a very simple financial reason behind the move which we couldn't realistically compete with, as there is in most career decisions.

Yet instead of addressing the huge cancer of sugar daddy owners & over-leveraged clubs that is in modern football (noone suggests that GinSoak thinks that Valencia & a Welsh crock are better than LadyBoy/Tevez) we get a load of undiginified abuse of our manager.

Rafa may or may not be the right man for the job but to ridiculously put these moves onto him allows the cancer at the heart of our game to get away scott-free.

Just because he doesn't publicly bitch and moan doesn't mean he wasn't pushed towards the door. The omission of his name from the CL squad last season in favour of Degen's was an embarrassing disgrace and the awful way he was treated in his last match was even worse.

By the way mate, if you think my comments constitute "undignified abuse" then your views are even more distorted by your obsession with money than I previously thought. Let me share a little known fact with you: not everyone sees money as the defining factor in their decision-making processes in life.

Just because he doesn't publicly bitch and moan doesn't mean he wasn't pushed towards the door. The omission of his name from the CL squad last season in favour of Degen's was an embarrassing disgrace and the awful way he was treated in his last match was even worse.

By the way mate, if you think my comments constitute "undignified abuse" then your views are even more distorted by your obsession with money than I previously thought. Let me share a little known fact with you: not everyone sees money as the defining factor in their decision-making processes in life.

That CL omission was corrected.

It is undignified: If some moronic Daily Mail style reader was to slag off your school's OxBridge results versus 1 of the major London fee-paying schools whilst completely ignoring the relative resources involved then "undignified" would be a polite word to describe them.

We know the impact of resources on team's performance; we know the vast resource gap between ourselves & the 4 teams who will likely get into the CL this year & we know that players' pay inflation over the last 20 years has been astronomical as they move/use the threat of moving.

If the player exit was only affecting us, then it might be possible that it was due to something specific at our club.

GinSoak indulged LadyBoy yet he buggered off as soon as Madrid fluttered their Euro's; he couldn't hold onto Tevez when City thrust cash at him.

You (correctly) praise Moyes as a very good young manager. Is his man-management at fault when his best CB joins City for a doubling of money? No,of course not anymore than when Xabi moved for a similar relative pay change.

Was Sir Bob at fault for Keegan's exit?

Was Uncle Joe responsible for Souness leaving?

You accuse me of being "obsessed" with money yet the GF is full of people changing their behaviour for sums that are infinetely smaller.

I certainly care about cash but that description best applies to a man who (technically illegally) negotiates a £50m contract with RM & then tells reporters he would be "stupid" if he ignored tax/FX changes (I would never use that term if someone was not interested in the same economic issues as I was as we all have different preferences in life)

There is a cancer at the heart of our game which has pushed pay packets for players as good but limited as Barry for instance into the £5m a year bracket.

That pay inflation is sending the 2 biggest clubs in the country to the wall yet people are willing to ignore that & blame moves on Rafa.

It not only weakens the case against Rafa when there is more than enough decent evidence this season.

But it allows a policy of "divide & rule" & ignores the general force that is ripping our game apart.