You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Greek

BexBissel

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done well but his distribution is criminal though. To be fair it's not just him though, in the Wolves game the distribution of all the back four, with the possible exception of Insua, was dreadful. They just kept hoofing it as far as possible. It'd be Agger +1 for me every time at the back until the others learn how to keep a football.

Edited by Stu Monty

He's done well but his distribution is criminal though. To be fair it's not just him though, in the Wolves game the distribution of all the back four, with the possible exception of Insua, was dreadful. They just kept hoofing it as far as possible. It's be Agger +1 for me every time at the back until the others learn how to keep a football.

The problem then is the "+1" and his continually stated position that if he's not first choice he'll leave.

Dont get why people are so against him....he has proven to be a good squad player. Granted I feel somewhat unsafe with him when he has the ball at his feet, but he wins nearly all balls in the air and has adapted to our playing style rather quickly.

Also added to that he plays with his heart and always looks to help out the team, clearing the ball from the line just shows that he can read the play, not as well as Hyppia but the Greek has done well and can only improve.

I dont get why you guys state that he is shit even though he has perfomed so well these past few games.

Have we turned that cynical?

He's done well but his distribution is criminal though. To be fair it's not just him though, in the Wolves game the distribution of all the back four, with the possible exception of Insua, was dreadful. They just kept hoofing it as far as possible. It'd be Agger +1 for me every time at the back until the others learn how to keep a football.

Saying that, some passes Skretl made have been pretty good against Bolton.

he looked shite at first and i thought he was going to be another transfer fuck up but hes improved a lot and is looking like a decent player.hes no jocky hansen or big sami and he does look like the type of player whos a penalty/red card waiting to happen.but hes defo improved and could well become a useful player to have in the squad for a couple of years.

keep it up son

I like him. He's not perfect by any means and I'd rather see other players in the back 4 in time but now we're going back to basics and building on clean sheets (for better or worse), his aggressive attitude and uncompromising style is most welcome. According to Rafa, one of Davies' famous elbows knocked one of his teeth out, but as has been said despite his aerial prowess he never got out of the Greek's pocket.

This season we've been back to the pre-Sami situation, lob any high ball anywhere near our box and we are in trouble. Don't think this has a very positive effect on the team.

Kyrgiakos has stopped this. Limited footballer yes, but the same could be said of a couple of other of our regular defenders also.

In addition he has actually made me believe that we might score from a corner this season. Has posed more of a threat in a handful of games than Carragher and Skrtel combined have managed in their Anfield career so far.

Will definately struggle against Arsenal (or any PL team on the deck basically) but he adds something at the moment which we need.

Guest alscarface
Credit where it's due, he's been great. He's nowhere near good enough for us in the long term (assuming we don't go into meltdown) but his attitude has been spot on and his no nonsense defending has been exactly what was needed.

Totally agree,been great. but cant see him being here next season.