You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Woo

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The amount of them who put the Israel flag after 'tommy war hero patriotic no surrender brylcreem robinscum' started ranting about them advocating them.  I think it's safe to say that those who aren't Jewish who have the flag up like that are advocates of the murder of innocent non-whites. I also find it ironic that many of these 'patriots' have no problem with the nazi salute either. 

I can sort of see the attraction of Israel to extreme right-wingers, but the guy we were talking about getting on to the Labour NEC , Luke Akehurst ,  set up and runs a group ' We believe in Israel ' but has no links as far as I am aware to the Jewish religion, and not sure how unqualified support for a right wing zealot like Netanyahu squares with Labour membership.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I can sort of see the attraction of Israel to extreme right-wingers, but the guy we were talking about getting on to the Labour NEC , Luke Akehurst ,  set up and runs a group ' We believe in Israel ' but has no links as far as I am aware to the Jewish religion, and not sure how unqualified support for a right wing zealot like Netanyahu squares with Labour membership.

Set up a Jewish Community support group by all means. Same with any community, the more support the better. But why "We believe in Israel" ? Can anyone explain to me the significance of Israel in that context if its not aimed at supporting the annexing of another country for their own gain? Or maybe they know something we don't? 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Set up a Jewish Community support group by all means. Same with any community, the more support the better. But why "We believe in Israel" ? Can anyone explain to me the significance of Israel in that context if its not aimed at supporting the annexing of another country for their own gain? Or maybe they know something we don't? 

The final battle of the rapture will be fought in Israel in biblical prophecies.

If religion is guiding then, perhaps, this is why people are so protective of it?

Otherwise I’ve no fucking ideas as it’d madness to allow some of their shit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The final battle of the rapture will be fought in Israel in biblical prophecies.

If religion is guiding then, perhaps, this is why people are so protective of it?

Otherwise I’ve no fucking ideas as it’d madness to allow some of their shit.

I think it's the "superior race" mindset which historically hasn't really done much good for the Jewish community. The irony. 

9 hours ago, mars said:

Just seen this - lots of discussion about how it works.

In its simplest form, a GIF (pronounced “gif” or “jiff”) is just an image file. Like the JPEG or PNG file formats, the GIF format can be used to make still images. But the GIF format has a special feature—it can also be used to create animated images.

We say “animated images” because GIFs aren’t really videos. If anything, they’re more like flipbooks. For one, they don’t have sound (you probably noticed that). Also, the GIF format wasn’t created for animations; that’s just how things worked out. See, GIF files can hold multiple pictures at once, and people realized that these pictures could load sequentially (again, like a flipbook) if they’re decoded a certain way.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

In its simplest form, a GIF (pronounced “gif” or “jiff”) is just an image file. Like the JPEG or PNG file formats, the GIF format can be used to make still images. But the GIF format has a special feature—it can also be used to create animated images.

We say “animated images” because GIFs aren’t really videos. If anything, they’re more like flipbooks. For one, they don’t have sound (you probably noticed that). Also, the GIF format wasn’t created for animations; that’s just how things worked out. See, GIF files can hold multiple pictures at once, and people realized that these pictures could load sequentially (again, like a flipbook) if they’re decoded a certain way.

Mystery solved!

• Upvote 1

On 08/09/2020 at 22:34, cochyn said:

Fair point mate. True, the big companies aren't waiting at the school gates like they were. God knows you need a (good) degree to get an corporate internship for most decent jobs these days. Probably one for a different thread, and I appreciate I'm coming from the point of having been lucky enough to benefit from a good education. But in my industry I'm seeing a glut of graduates and a dearth of employees with a practical skill-set. The upshot is plumbers out of college on £350 a day and graduate draughtsmen of a similar age making that a week. Market forces. 

I've really been amazed by how few of the people at Uni, including most of the lecturers, have absolutely zero practical skills.

They can all do the maths behind it, but the instant you try and discuss the application of it they have no idea. They have no concept whatsoever of how anything is built and with a few of them I've tried to press them on why they are doing a Mechanical Engineering degree and most of them don't actually seem to know or have a reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...