You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

...but if it's done right and the way you want it, it's worth it. Wouldn't change a thing about my own. We didn't go overboard, but had the surroundings, food and guests we wanted. Worth it.

This.

I know I started taking the piss about it but neither of us are wanting to spend stupid money.

She does however want a church wedding (at her family church) and a marquee after but we can have the marquee at the rugby club for hardly anything and guests will be paying less than £3 a pint instead of nearly £6 in some hotel.

This.

I know I started taking the piss about it but neither of us are wanting to spend stupid money.

She does however want a church wedding (at her family church) and a marquee after but we can have the marquee at the rugby club for hardly anything and guests will be paying less than £3 a pint instead of nearly £6 in some hotel.

When do you send us out the invites then?

This.

I've already got me fascinator.

• Upvote 2

I think that the ridiculous amounts of money spent on modern weddings would be better spent on important things like a house and or staying on top of your debts.

I would go so far as to say that the stupid costs of the wedding get the marriage off on the wrong foot and create problems that are sometimes never solved.

Well said

I'm not an especially romantic soul, yes I'm a shocked at that revelation as you all are, but even so weddings strike me as a con and a waste of money of epic proportions.

If at any other time you said to someone "let's spend thousands of pounds on a dress you'll only wear once and a fuck off massive party" they would think you'd lost the plot. 

I made a profit out of my wedding, had a fucking great time with friends and family where everyone got pissed and my Mrs dress costs £50, she looked stunning and can wear it for other things. 

Also my wedding had fuck all to do with religion, it was to do with love, celebration of our relationship, confirming our commitment to one another, family and is an actual necessity for us to be together with the fucking horrible immigration laws in this country.

I get it isn't for everyone and some woman can be proper princesses about ti, but that doesn't apply to every wedding.

• Upvote 3

I made a profit out of my wedding, had a fucking great time with friends and family where everyone got pissed and my Mrs dress costs £50, she looked stunning and can wear it for other things. 

Also my wedding had fuck all to do with religion, it was to do with love, celebration of our relationship, confirming our commitment to one another, family and is an actual necessity for us to be together with the fucking horrible immigration laws in this country.

I get it isn't for everyone and some woman can be proper princesses about ti, but that doesn't apply to every wedding.

How did you manage that Rem, were you charging entry on the door?

• Upvote 1

It was held in Ukraine where the exchange rate is outrageous at the moment so the whole shindig cost me around £500. My Grandad covered that alone with his wedding present, the rest of the money I received will go towards wedding number 2 in June.

• Upvote 1

It's her first and she's a lot younger, weddings are always about the woman.

Don't pretend otherwise.

Dont be so absolute 

I'm with Champ on this one, mine would have been a nice dress, the wedding in the registry office with a pub and cake following, Mr Melons wanted the whole big dress and the church do, we compromised on a campsite with me wearing the marquee. 

For me there was little to no stress. Ski on the other hand is still in recovery. 

I'm with Champ on this one, mine would have been a nice dress, the wedding in the registry office with a pub and cake following, Mr Melons wanted the whole big dress and the church do, we compromised on a campsite with me wearing the marquee. 

For me there was little to no stress. Ski on the other hand is still in recovery. 

I bet he'd picked out a garter for himself too.

I get that, there should be teamwork before the wedding day as that's what will be needed forever to make a marriage work.

'Joint' decisions can be made, but any bloke with two brain cells (or a dick that needs sucking) knows how to read a woman and make sure her needs and wants are definitely catered for on the wedding day.

I don't give a shit what any woman says, on her wedding day she wants to look beautiful, feel comfortable, enjoy herself and wants to make all her female mates green with envy.

If you can't make sure your woman is going to get that on her wedding day you're fighting an uphill battle from the very start.

I don't give a shit what any woman says, on her wedding day she wants to look beautiful, feel comfortable, enjoy herself and wants to make all her female maes green wth envy.

You were doing all right til the last bit (not interested in that at all)

I'd swap that for everyone to be happy for us and for everyone to have a good time