You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Itandje

AndMjaa

The club isn't responsible for his attitude, he is. That's whether he is at a memorial service, or turning up late because he has been out on the piss.

Signing him was stupid, but he has had opportunities to leave. The fact he'd prefer to pick up his unearned salary and get pissed rather than have a career, is about him and his lack of character.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club isn't responsible for his attitude, he is. That's whether he is at a memorial service, or turning up late because he has been out on the piss.

Signing him was stupid, but he has had opportunities to leave. The fact he'd prefer to pick up his unearned salary and get pissed rather than have a career, is about him and his lack of character.

The Itandje saga is not something I have been given a close interest in, but is not the reason he is still at the club because we wanted too much money for him and since he has a pretty high salary the clubs in question could not afford both the salary and the actual fee?

I might be awful wrong on this one though.

Yip hammy, right on the money for me. He is a disgrace, end of story.

The club signed him up on a stupid contract with stupid amount of money, no one forced them to do so, then in the summer signed another keeper for a couple of millions just to sit on the bench.

Itandje does not get matches for the reserves and he does not get matches on the bench, no matter what he does in training will not change this, he could be playing like Buffon at every session and he would still be in the same situation.

You really cant blame him for getting a fucked up attitude, if he had at least been on the bench I`m not sure he would have been such a barfly.

For his actions yesterday, well he was 6 years old when the tragedy occured, he had no connections to the club whatsoever at the time and you cant expect him sitting at the cermony last night with a sad look on his face 20 years later when honest good reds have spoken out about it being a bit of a "show" instead of a memorial cermony yesterday.

I wasn't even fucking born when it happened and I cried like a baby yesterday.

How's this for a connection with the club, paying his wages every week for doing fuck all? If I was somewhere with 30,000 people who felt strongly about what was happening I wouldn't act the cunt, you know why? I understand the meaning of the word "respect", this cunt doesn't.

Who said it was a show?

The Itandje saga is not something I have been given a close interest in, but is not the reason he is still at the club because we wanted too much money for him and since he has a pretty high salary the clubs in question could not afford both the salary and the actual fee?

I might be awful wrong on this one though.

I don't know the ins and outs, but he has turned down at least one move.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Reds keeper rejects move

I am sure the club are only too eager to see him leave. We probably pay Voronin a lot more than the German clubs can afford but managed to sort a loan for him easily enough.

This is the man who turned up for his first day of training without his gloves and boots, he's a fucking waster with an atrocious attitude. I don't care if he has no interest in Hillsborough, he's paid by the club and he will accept the responsibilities that that entails.

The articles from last summer suggest Itandje turned down a move to Galatasary as he wanted to go to PSG.

But there was an article a few months ago where he was complaining about not being able to play and he said the club refused to let him leave on loan back in August. That really wouldn't make any sense though as I'm sure we'd rather loan him out and still pay all of his wages than have him here doing nothing.

This is the man who turned up for his first day of training without his gloves and boots, he's a fucking waster with an atrocious attitude. I don't care if he has no interest in Hillsborough, he's paid by the club and he will accept the responsibilities that that entails.

Fuck off! That is stunning. Unbelievable!

The club signed him up on a stupid contract with stupid amount of money, no one forced them to do so, then in the summer signed another keeper for a couple of millions just to sit on the bench.

Itandje does not get matches for the reserves and he does not get matches on the bench, no matter what he does in training will not change this, he could be playing like Buffon at every session and he would still be in the same situation.

You really cant blame him for getting a fucked up attitude, if he had at least been on the bench I`m not sure he would have been such a barfly.

For his actions yesterday, well he was 6 years old when the tragedy occured, he had no connections to the club whatsoever at the time and you cant expect him sitting at the cermony last night with a sad look on his face 20 years later when honest good reds have spoken out about it being a bit of a "show" instead of a memorial cermony yesterday.

I thought the "he was too young to know, at the time of Hillsborough" excuse has already been used in connection with Rooney selling his story to "that rag" 5 years ago.

As an employee of the club, at whatever level, and whether he is arsed about playing or not, Itandje should not have been pissing about yesterday. I wouldnt take it from Steven Gerrard and I'm certainly not taking it from a waste of space like Charles Itandje.

But thats ok, you go back to excusing him all you like.

He talks a good game Itandje, 'I want to play for PSG, I want CL football', pity he is fucking shit and struggles to kick a ball

And he is very immature, not only that disgusting showing yesterday, when a lot of the foreign lads who have been here as long as he has were obviously taken aback by it all. But also from the stories I have heard from good sources that he is a bit of a pisshead. I will be glad to see the back of him

Guest RedDay

It's really not that hard to keep quiet and show respect during the ceremony, he's a grown man ffs. How anyone can defend his actions is beyond me.

I cannot fucking believe the way he behaved yesterday. I never noticed it at first but I was reading the thread on RAWK when someone mentioned it, I was flabbergasted. I watched it back on .tv. How can he possibly think that is an acceptable way to behave? He may as well have come out in the press saying "20 years? they should get over it." He's a fucking disgrace and I for one am proud of Damien Plessis for the way he reacted to it. Unbe-fucking-lievable.

A few minutes before this they showed Mascher conversing with Insua. It was quite clear to me that he was acting as somewhat of an interpreter for Emiliano and maybe relaying some of what was being said which he didn't understand. Before that I saw Fernando welling up. Montse, who had no obligation to show up, was visibly moved. This shows age or location at the time of disaster means very little in terms of showing respect.

Then I saw that goon doing his fucking twat dance. Sack him. No excuses. Digger glanced down at him before the camera panned away, clearly not impressed.

But Itandje hasn't even been a match day squad all season anyway, we've got Cavlieri remember. Or did you just mean put Bonanza on the bench if we had to start Cavalieri?

Nope, what I mean is that I was pissed as a cunt when I posted that and had actually managed to forget that we'd signed Cavalieri. I was unashamedly swept up in my loathing of Itadje, which was already at pretty epic levels regardless of what he did yesterday.

At least I'm honest about it ;-)