Quantcast
The Ship and Mitre - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

grazywalker

The Ship and Mitre

Not sure if I've even been in this boozer (I might have been and simply not known), but I'm back in a few weeks and will deffo check it out. Some good reviews here have tempted me.

One of the best pubs I've ever been too, great atmosphere especially at weekends and match days. Great selection of beers and the food from the "Galley" inside isn't too bad either. Try the strawberry beer...quite nice and not as disgusting as it sounds.

• Upvote 1

One of the best pubs I've ever been too, great atmosphere especially at weekends and match days. Great selection of beers and the food from the "Galley" inside isn't too bad either. Try the strawberry beer...quite nice and not as disgusting as it sounds.

The Mrs has had that strawberry beer in Pie on Rose Lane. It's her birthday of a Sunday and we're heading into town that afternoon for something to eat. Sounds a good opportunity to visit this place.

In here now, just had a Fruli. I'm going to get smashed now in remembrance to Spock. Some black Erdinger will do him justice.

• Upvote 1

In here now, just had a Fruli. I'm going to get smashed now in remembrance to Spock. Some black Erdinger will do him justice.

See if they have any romulan ale 

• Upvote 1

That would be the logical choice

Fella I know owns Fruli, the lucky bastard. Perfect palette cleansing drink in between other things.

Never been to The Ship and going Wednesday afternoon, look forward to it based on this thread.

I'm sure it's right across from my hotel tomorrow night, I'll nip in for a pint.

Great boozer I should go there more often as I only work around the corner, also love that it never gets done up or changes unlike The Excelsior that gets a revamp every other month and is still empty .

Does anyone still remember the manger who had a nose like Karl Malden and the lunchtime special of meals for a £1 ? ...oh and the occasional Friday of having strippers on?

Should be another thread there of great Liverpool bars that had strippers on of a Friday after work......

Good pub the Ship as is the Excelsior next door. No problem taking the dog in there either, She likes a nice pint of Ursula as well . 

4 hours ago, Jennings said:

Me and @Qwikage went there after the Roma game.

Qwik had a shandy and fell over. I had 20 pints and didn't even need a piss.

Thats a little unfair.

There was almost half a pint of lager in that shandy.

• Upvote 1