You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kewell to Olympiakos?

Hazel Motes

Well said!

He's a lazy Mercenary who has already cost us too much!

I agree with your comments entirely, he shows no desire to exceed with us, one good game in his so far Liverpool career, an embarrassment to this great club of ours.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that Rafa bought Babel, who is very young and will doubtless require a settling in period shows that Rafa still expects a lot from Kewell.

Had we bought Quaresma, Simao or Mancini who would expect to be 1st choice week in, week out then I wouldn't have been surprised to see Kewell go.

No real desire to lose weight or get fit yet in the next sentence you say he lost weight and got fit. And where are you getting the idea that no one could diagnose his injury? C'mon 5times, I've seen you put forward sounder opinions than what you have done here. You're above this.

I think your the one talking shite here!

Firstly can you tell me in which games, besides the semi against chavski, has Harry Kewell played really well in?

Has he gave us a decent return on all the Millions in wages he has received?

Would you sign him if he was playing for another premiership side knowing his fitness over the last 5 years?

Do you think Kewell is worthy of the number 7 shirt, when the likes of the great King Kenny has worn it in the past?

Firstly can you tell me in which games, besides the semi against chavski, has Harry Kewell played really well in?

Would you sign him if he was playing for another premiership side knowing his fitness over the last 5 years?

Do you think Kewell is worthy of the number 7 shirt, when the likes of the great King Kenny has worn it in the past?

Well, whadda ya know, Jimbo contributes. Right tell me oh opined one where I have spoken shit.

To your first point: I couldn't tell you the games in which he played well in. But I haven't come on here saying we should keep him or that he is the greatest winger in the world. I'm just pointing out to some people how ridiculous their arguments are about how he almost purposefully gets injured and times the recovery for major finals and has no love for the club and all that other bollox. And some people reckon he got injured in istanbul because he wanted to. Its insinuated for the last number of years and by the booing he got that evening.

So, go back through the thread and re-educate yourself. You come across as a wum to me at times.

Well, whadda ya know, Jimbo contributes. Right tell me oh opined one where I have spoken shit.

After reading through the whole thread you havn't made any points to contribute to it. You just disagreed with fivetimes's comments.

Where you 'opined' is when you said fivetimes is wrong for saying kewell has faked injury, not shown desire to loose weight etc. where's your proof he's wrong. He's like a few forigen mercenary players. When he's having a bad game ( alot of the time) he whimpers off like a baby with a bad toe, belly ache etc.

I've seen Players with real injuries who wouldn't be dragged off. Beckham for England in the qualifiers not long ago springs to mind. Kewell is an overpaid bottler end of.

Also you didn't answer my last few questions. Do you think he deserves to wear the number 7 at Liverpool?

A wum (not sure i know what one is) If it's what i think it means, that's ok as i find my Wife A WUN every now & then. Wouldn't it be a shite world if we all agreed & got on all the time?

By the way i find you a WUN some of the time too!

After reading through the whole thread you havn't made any points to contribute to it. You just disagreed with fivetimes's comments.

Where you 'opined' is when you said fivetimes is wrong for saying kewell has faked injury, not shown desire to loose weight etc. where's your proof he's wrong. He's like a few forigen mercenary players. When he's having a bad game ( alot of the time) he whimpers off like a baby with a bad toe, belly ache etc.

I've seen Players with real injuries who wouldn't be dragged off. Beckham for England in the qualifiers not long ago springs to mind. Kewell is an overpaid bottler end of.

Also you didn't answer my last few questions. Do you think he deserves to wear the number 7 at Liverpool?

A wum (not sure i know what one is) If it's what i think it means, that's ok as i find my Wife A WUN every now & then. Wouldn't it be a shite world if we all agreed & got on all the time?

By the way i find you a WUN some of the time too!

You're talking an absolute load of cock.

He could well come good this year but would we offer him another contract after this one? I doubt it, if the reports of him being on 70k per week are true then we should sell as over a year that's 3.6m (2m at 40k/w) plus whatever we get for him in transfer fee 1.5m?

I can't argue with that one at all - no I wouldn't.

also add that he's 29 in sept, given his history it's likely he'll get more injuries rather than less in the next 4 years. Seems to me like you keep him for a year at a cost of 5m and gamble on his fitness or you sell him now and put the money towards a younger player....that's the hard part imo.

He could well come good this year but would we offer him another contract after this one? I doubt it, if the reports of him being on 70k per week are true then we should sell as over a year that's 3.6m (2m at 40k/w) plus whatever we get for him in transfer fee 1.5m?

He's on 40k isnt he? Remember that People article. Id offer him a one year extension and say prove your fitness and you can have more.

"One of the best wingers in the world when he's fully fit"

There are people still believing this? That was back in his early 20s. Now he's just a jaded, tired, washed out but well paid pro playing out the rest of his days. He's even crap against second/third-rated Arabic natinal teams. He's living off his past reputation to be frank.

What warranted this sort of blind loyalty?

What are you talking about?

If he is available for £1.5 mill, then just about every team in the premiership bar chelsea and manure would be keen to snap him up.

Somehow I doubt it. As they also will have to pay him rather hefty wages. Players with fitness history like his often allowed to move for free.

Somehow I doubt it. As they also will have to pay him rather hefty wages. Players with fitness history like his often allowed to move for free.

With the tv contracts, every club has money to spend. West Ham just bought bellamy for a high fee and gave him £80,000 a week or something ridiculous. At worst Kewell gets hurt, Bellamy could go off the rails and ruin a club.

Birmingham are taking Mido. He will be in high wages.

The cash is there. And at £1.5 mil he is a bargain...

With the tv contracts, every club has money to spend. West Ham just bought bellamy for a high fee and gave him £80,000 a week or something ridiculous. At worst Kewell gets hurt, Bellamy could go off the rails and ruin a club.

Birmingham are taking Mido. He will be in high wages.

The cash is there. And at £1.5 mil he is a bargain...

And Mido is costing what? £1.5 mil. Young. Sullen, but not injury-prone.

Every club will have some extra money from the new TV contracts. Correct. But VERY few clubs are rich enough to pay transfer fee PLUS £4 mils per annum in wage investing in something with that much downside, not like we can throw a tenner and a hail mary.

I agree Kewell has been probably the biggest dissapointment transfer wise in years. He's usually been injured and when he's played hes often been complaining that he is still injured.

What I would say however is there is no doubt he has ability and i find it amazing that people would rather have 1.5 million in the bank(although i expect that figure to be bullshit) than harry kewell.

I for one would rather take the chance that Kewell can be a top player for us than take shitty money that assists liverpool finances.

lets not be daft about it!

Also, there is no way Kewell could command the same sort of wages that we signed him for. So, if he finds form, they could be on to a gem.

That's a nice IF. The much more likely scenario would be he getting crocked and spend most of his time out of sight.

What I would say however is there is no doubt he has ability

Actually that is no longer the case. He HAD ability, we don't know if he could still use them -- just like other old players reaching retirement age.

I know he's only 29. People age differently, as do their careers. George Best retired at 28 whereas Paolo Maldini is playing into his 100s.

What are you talking about?

If he is available for £1.5 mill, then just about every team in the premiership bar chelsea and manure would be keen to snap him up.

Where are all these clubs then, there hardly knocking the door down are they?

Even the likes of Spurs & Newcastle know better now.

I agree Kewell has been probably the biggest dissapointment transfer wise in years. He's usually been injured and when he's played hes often been complaining that he is still injured.

What I would say however is there is no doubt he has ability and i find it amazing that people would rather have 1.5 million in the bank(although i expect that figure to be bullshit) than harry kewell.

I for one would rather take the chance that Kewell can be a top player for us than take shitty money that assists liverpool finances.

lets not be daft about it!

it's 1.5m the greeks are willing to pay & £4m in wages saved. Or let him go for nothing next year, Rafa wont renew his contract even if he passes his M.O.T. which i very much doubt.

He's on £65,000 a week. This was widely reported at the time.

I thought it was somewhere round the £70.000 a week mark. Ive stated this before, to be told that he was on far less, can't remember who but there was few saying he was on £40.000 a week, bollocks!

£65.000 i can agree on, thats a lot of money for a handful of decent games. People need to get real & realise that he's no longer the young boy he was at leeds.