You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C'mon red (yellow) men

Gav

fuckinhell sami -wakey wakey .All their chances are comin from our own fuckin mistakes

Sooo close by JAR but fuckinhelll,defensivly we're all over the shop

It's reflective of our season. 1-0 and we look like conceding more.

That back 4 look like they haven't slept since Tuesday evening. Where's the concentration and organisation gone? Playing like 4th place has long gone and, given the current squad, are hardly playing for places in Istanbul.

As i said in another thread, Alonso and Hamman is too slow as a partnership. The Gerrard in an advanced midfield role, has`nt really worked since the Arsenal game at Anfield.

We need to replace Hamann with Cisse,Get Gerrard in midfield to help Alonso out, and maybe replace Riise too, cos he has been terrible and look completely out of legs!

They are on a decent run of form right now, and Wenger clearly has a point to prove about their being shit in Europe for years. Full strenght side or not, we just don't look like we have anything to play for.

How many times have they closed down our defence and blocked a pass out from the back? Finnan has given it away more times in 45 minutes than he's done over the last 30 odd games, Djimi has made a couple of errors and Sami looks a liability. It's these types of games where the lack of mobility of Sami and Didi can be exposed and that is emphatically the case today.

Luis needs to give Finnan more support down that flank, because they are sending everything down there and Pires is causing havoc. Gerrard looks isolated and it's clear that no-one is really getting stuck in. Changes and a major bollocking are required: Warnock for Sami, with Djimi to the middle, and Cisse for Didi. Come on, Reds.

That first half for me has shown up 2 players who cannot perform in Rafas preferred system. Baros as a lone striker is not good enough, he's far too erratic and his decision making makes it difficult for the rest of the team to know what to do.

Then we have Hyypia. His lack of pace means that when we try to play higher up the pitch he just gets exposed. His distribution too has been fucking woeful.

I've been surprised by how open we've played the game. I thought we'd be really defensive but its kind of reassuring that Rafa sent them out to play football and not just defend. Some of the football we've played on the deck has been great and there has been some good situations but decisions haven't been the best when we have fashioned those chances.

Overall i'm disheartened but I still think we could get back into the game (cue 5-0 defeat).

There's three players, Didi, Baros and Hyppia who aren't good enough for Rafa's system. Gerrard is being played out of position. He's a centre mid not a second striker. I was saying last weekend about Pelle playing too deep because of his lack of pace and Sami does the same.

Bizarre match - we were utterly dominant in the second half, just as they were in the first. Oh well, let's hope we go on and win the thing in Istanbul and force UEFA into a decision. Whatever happens, I'm still really excited by the thought of next season - although I'm not looking forward to paying out to the five Blues in work that I've had money with.

Great second half but the only thing we learned again today was that against the very best team when we NEED to win:

1. Riise is not good enough for left midfield, Kewell is better.

2. Gerrard is a Centre Midfielder full stop.

3. Baros cannot finish and has no composure on his won, he needs a partner.

4. Cisse needs games and to find his feet.

5. Traore, and Hyypia cannot handle tricky players with pace.

6. I nearly forgot, we have no right midfielder.

So basically, like the same time last season, we need a RM, LB, CB and a proven goalscorer. I think Rafa will be fuming today and a lot of the boys will be on their way now.

he has to start we look like a team when he plays, he brings other players into play and has got pace to burn

No - its to early for that -We need a fully fit striker starting in the CL - Cisse offers a lot coming off the bench, also gives us a outlet for a change of style but in a game that has the poshibilities of extra time,I'd rather have him on the bench and being capable of finishing the game ,than him tiring early,having to be replaced by baros ,especially if we have to chase the game .

Was well happy with the second half today -totally different team that started in the 1st.A bit of guile up front and we coud have pulled em back even more , only bollix is that our guile is shing a bench with his arse in madrid