You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joint top or second.

2nd or joint top?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd or joint top?

I ended up in one of those daft twitter arguments this morning. It seems mad to me that people have this view, so I thought I’d take the temperature of the most learned of all football forums. But I’m not on RAWK so I came here instead (great gag).

If both ourselves and Arsenal hypothetically won 1-0 today, would you then consider us 2nd or joint top? Thats the question. Some people are arguing that we’d be joint top as the goal difference only becomes a thing on the last day of the season? I think those people are odd. So I thought I’d see if that view was confirmed by the oddballs on here. 

So to again confirm, I mean at the end of today if both us and Arsenal win 1-0.  Not in 5 weeks time. 

56 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I’ll guarantee there’s a correlation of people who say joint top and people who don’t have beans on a breakfast. 

I’ve had to vote joint top just because beans are a fucking abomination 

• Downvote 2

Ask me this question in September or even January and I'm saying Joint Top. 

Goal difference means not a jot in the early part of the season, or when it's simply too far off knowing how things play out.

Now though, we're second. You have to assume we won't bridge the gap of the goals needed so we'd finish second most likely of we both win all out games so has to be taht were second.

There is literally no such thing as joint top.

Unless points are same, GD is same, GS is same and head to head points is same and goals scored in away game of head to head is same.

It basically does not exist really.

And the times in season it is possible i.e. in the early games - it does not matter anyway.

• Upvote 1