You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) - EL Quarter Final, 1st leg - Thu 11th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Just now, Code said:

We started todays game with only Van Dijk and Mac Allister who would start in our best 11 if we had all players fit and availible.

Alisson

Trent

Matip

Robertson

Thiago

Szoboszlai

Diaz

Jota

Salah

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think the two United games have knocked the stuffing out of us a bit.

Scramble past Palace and regroup.

I’ll be amazed if we can control the 3 aways after palace and get 9pts

28 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It was awful. Another very slow start acting dozy. The whole game none of the players could pass to each other and virtually every move broke down before it even started. 

The last goal seemed to happen in slow motion and the defending overall was pathetic.

So much wrong tonight from us - one of those nights or a team who have maybe been clinging on a bit of late finally falling??

We can only look at the game Sunday now and then the 2nd leg of this - The really worrying in terms of rescuing this over there thing is how they defended so well against us and nullified us all over pitch.

With a nice big cushion to sit on, they look likely to be able to comfortably shut us out over there and if they do as we get increasingly desperate they will fancy picking us off.

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Despite the shocking performance and result, Atalanta are not a top team. If we turn up in the 2nd leg we can still win the tie. Won't be easy but we can do it.

If it were 2-0 and/or if the second leg were at Anfield, I'd be all in on that.  As it is, I'm not confident at all.  Even against Barcelona, we had Anfield and we had the knowledge that we'd played well in the first leg and that Barcelona had form for collapsing.  This time, I can't see any way that we win it.

I hope I'm wrong.

Italian teams, historically, defend very well, tonight Atalanta did that by going man for man when we were trying to pass out of our box, causing Kelleher to kick long even from early on in the game.

Generally they were very decent at snuffing us out.

Because Italian teams tend to defend very well, forwards in the Scuddetto have to take their chances as they arise, and probably do that at a 1 goal in every 2 or 3 chances rate or better.

That’s exactly what Atalanta did tonight.

By playing one of our worst games in ages in passing and lax defending, we made them look like world beaters and not the sixth place team in their league.

I hope this hurt our players and I expect to see a positive reaction from them going forwards. Klopp doesn’t deserve to go out with a whimper, and it’s up to them to make sure that doesn’t happen.

We played like a team that didn't want to be in the Europa League tonight and our crowd echoed that.

Let's hope in 3 or 4 weeks we aren't watching Jurgen's final weeks fizzle out as a result of it.

I've been to hundreds of Liverpool games over the years and thaf's in my top 3 worst. I've been to several far more gut wrenching but the lack of application was embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Italian teams, historically, defend very well, tonight Atalanta did that by going man for man when we were trying to pass out of our box, causing Kelleher to kick long even from early on in the game.

Generally they were very decent at snuffing us out.

Because Italian teams tend to defend very well, forwards in the Scuddetto have to take their chances as they arise, and probably do that at a 1 goal in every 2 or 3 chances rate or better.

That’s exactly what Atalanta did tonight.

By playing one of our worst games in ages in passing and lax defending, we made them look like world beaters and not the sixth place team in their league.

I hope this hurt our players and I expect to see a positive reaction from them going forwards. Klopp doesn’t deserve to go out with a whimper, and it’s up to them to make sure that doesn’t happen.

They had a more defensive formation but created more chances.

How did he miss that 1 in the 1st half?

Anyone know what is what in the upper kemlyn - the midfle block towards the back had a section surrounded in a 'U' shape by what looked like some kind of stewards in hi vis vests that inside them about half the seats tops were occupied.

Never noticed it before...

25 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Despite the shocking performance and result, Atalanta are not a top team. If we turn up in the 2nd leg we can still win the tie. Won't be easy but we can do it.

I agree.

This is still recoverable.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'd put nearly every one of these useless cunts up for sale in the summer. It's like they want to play for klopp but not the shirt. They can all get fucked bar one or two. Embarrassing fucking shithouse wankers. 

They didn’t play for Klopp OR the shirt.

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So let the proces be over double because 'some ' people sell their ticket on.

Genius.

Have I said anything of the sort?

Considering all the people affected by theircsuggestions for our home games, compared to the selected fews who can get always, it does nit register at all.

The twenty is plenty campaign was a fellow campaign from different clubs.