You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atalanta (H) - EL Quarter Final, 1st leg - Thu 11th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

It's as if because he's decided to quit, half the players have decided they're not arsed any more. 

Always a risk you take when you announce it early. Same when Fergie was announced.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Was out in Farringdon last night and couldn’t find a pub showing it.

Did I miss much? 

You lucky bastard. Not the being out in Farringdon part but not being able to find a pub showing the game.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Not Kelleher’s best game, but I’d have most of them aside from Van Dijk, Mac Allister, Elliott and Gakpo rated below him.

I thought Van Dijk was pathetic last night. At fault for three of three goals. One of his worst displays ever for us.

9 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I thought Van Dijk was pathetic last night. At fault for three of three goals. One of his worst displays ever for us.

He got beat to a ball down the line in the first half by De Ketelaere when he had a step on him, and it was like yeah; he doesnt care. 

It was one of those games where, big super club that we are, we try to manage“. We are trying to win the league here, this is just one leg of the Europa League. Atalanta simply were not having it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He got beat to a ball down the line in the first half by De Ketelaere when he had a step on him, and it was like yeah; he doesnt care. 

It was one of those games where, big super club that we are, we try to manage“. Atalanta simply were not having it.

at times there was a chasm between him and konate

8 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

I think if we score early in the first half in Atalanta it could get interesting, plus I doubt we will play half as badly, so it's far from over.

That’s what I’ve said score early they might start to get nervous and no way we play as bad as that no matter what the team is 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Apart from the market I know very little about that part of town.

Wont be rushing back, filled with smug, after work bellends.

yeah, it's not my favourite part of town either, although there's a couple of decent places to eat. although my favourite place in that area (it was called vic naylors) has been gone over 10 years. 

I think they’ll play the same tactics as last night, expecting to outpress us and stop us building a head of steam up.

Or they’ll sit back, which could play into our hands.
One in the first half. One just after half time. See where it is after that.

Above all, we’ll need to be right at it, unlike last night.

4 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I think they’ll play the same tactics as last night, expecting to outpress us and stop us building a head of steam up.

Or they’ll sit back, which could play into our hands.
One in the first half. One just after half time. See where it is after that.

Above all, we’ll need to be right at it, unlike last night.

We’ll undoubtedly field the strongest team we can, and I think that’s the right approach.

Make five early second half substitutions if the game is clearly beyond us.

Like others have said , Endo had a poor game last night, we have seen it before when teams decide to mark him closely, first time I noticed it myself was last time we played Crystal Palace, the ordinary Will Hughes easily took him out of he game and Endo was subbed at half time.

Will we see the same on Sunday, is there an argument to rest Endo because of it?

We’ll see. 

If it had to happen, it's better that this has happened yesterday, than against Palace.

Or at least, if it's more or less repeated, we will know it goes deeper than two depressing games in a row and it's curtains for the season and Klopp's era. I hope it was just a perfect storm.

42 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yup, he was the one who actually annoyed me the most last night, lads the captain of the team and looked like he could not give a fuck the entire game, it's where you'd expect the captain to step up rather than just decide he'll take it easy.

49 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

They won the league didn’t they?

No idea mate, seem to remember some of their players saying about being in limbo.

I'm not saying that is the problem but I did think it was very strange timing. Can only assume press where going to leak it.

Last night was just an all round shitshow.