You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

49 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I understand that there are lots of people on here who hate stats but everybody uses them now for a reason. They bleed shots. Klopp builds his entire sides on shot volume. I understand the Old Trafford, they're jammy cunts narrative but this really should be a comfortable win.

Yeah they give up loads of chances....even the shite who are as blunt an attacking force as you will ever see had 23 attempts on goal against them last week.

OK the mancs won't be as open against us, but still....

1 hour ago, Smell The Glove said:

I understand that there are lots of people on here who hate stats but everybody uses them now for a reason. They bleed shots. Klopp builds his entire sides on shot volume. I understand the Old Trafford, they're jammy cunts narrative but this really should be a comfortable win.

That's exactly what many were saying before the Anfield game.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Our pressing did pin them back very effectively in that game, yes (though they did have a few presentable chances on the break). But, for the majority of the game, they sat deep and were happy for us to have shots from distance. I agree, we are more than capable of hammering them, but the jammy cunts are 6th for a reason. I just don't see it playing out as an easy win. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

Yeah, but my point was it wasn't their defending that meant we didn't score. It was our decision making which was poor and rushed. We shot when we should pass, passed when we should shoot. I think it was the highest number of shots in a premier league game without a goal. That's just luck we don't get one and if we'd got one and calmed down, we'd get loads. It'll be a different game tomorrow anyway, because it's a cup match and at their place. But I can see why people think we could twat them, because they've had more shots against them this season than Burnley. That's how bad they are at defending. 

They're 6th because that's the place of the leading midtable team. For me this season the league is broken into 5 groups. The top 3. The next 2 fighting for CL. The bottom 2. The bunch above fighting to avoid 18th. Then the rest, who are all about the same. The goal difference in fact I think indicates those groups. They won't finish higher than where they are now. 

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

My lad told me the majority of the the money from the tax dodging Brexit cunt has gone to reduce the massive debt they have built up 

Not a penny has gone to clearing debt. Most of it went to existing shareholders. 300m is going to improve the stadium and other infrastructure projects like updating Carrington. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Wish the league game was first. Far more concerned with 3pts over a City/Chelsea semi/final

They've got 2 erratic wide players who they are going to look to hit on the break. We will absolutely dominate the game. Look across the pitch. There is absolutely nowhere where they have an edge

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know a few Man Utd fans and the consensus is that they are just limping along until the summer when they can re-calibrate with the new investor and backroom changes ( probably including a new manager ) and they are just expecting a Europa League place.

9 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

That seems to be there whole outlook pretty much every season,  next season will be better because... , We've seen this scenario before haven't we just like us back in the 90s 

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

34 shots only 8 on target and none scored that is fucking insanely shite finishing.

I remember coming away from the game and hearing that stat about having had 34 shots and I couldn't get my head round it at all. It felt liked we'd not created anything.

Casemiro out of the Brazil squad with injury. I presume that means he is out today. They'll have a choice of McTominay, Eriksen or Mount alongside Mainoo. 

They started Amarabat in the league game but he has not started a league game since. 

I think the bald man will go for this:

Onana

Wan-Bissaka Varane Maguire Dalot

McTominay Mainoo

Garnacho Fernandes Rashford 

Hojlund

It's an ok side but we should have more than enough. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

34 shots only 8 on target and none scored that is fucking insanely shite finishing.

It can happen if you're playing against ultra-defensive shithouses; you rarely get a clean shot in those games.  Still, it's much more accurate than their 1 in 6 on target.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We were taking pot shots from all over the place.

It's the sort of stat you see when a team gets impatient playing against a low block and starts making wrong decisions. 

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Casemiro out of the Brazil squad with injury. I presume that means he is out today. They'll have a choice of McTominay, Eriksen or Mount alongside Mainoo. 

They started Amarabat in the league game but he has not started a league game since. 

I think the bald man will go for this:

Onana

Wan-Bissaka Varane Maguire Dalot

McTominay Mainoo

Garnacho Fernandes Rashford 

Hojlund

It's an ok side but we should have more than enough. 

Haha that ratfaced clown saying Klopp would swap our midfield for theirs gets funnier by the day.

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

We were taking pot shots from all over the place.

It's the sort of stat you see when a team gets impatient playing against a low block and starts making wrong decisions. 

I don't think it was just pot shots all over the place. Lots was purely the quality of our finishing or final ball. Chelsea, only weeks after, at the time was broadly seen as our best performance of the season at that point, yet it was slightly less shots, but a very similar spread of chances in and out of the box. A similar xG in fact, despite us having a pen in the Chelsea game. I know xG isn't a bible, but it can be an indicator of quality of chance. And the xGOT illustrates the improved quality of finishing in the Chelsea match. 

Screenshot_20240317_112824_FotMob.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_112934_FotMob.jpg

1 hour ago, Smell The Glove said:

Haha that ratfaced clown saying Klopp would swap our midfield for theirs gets funnier by the day.

And the camel faced fuck has also been on the Sniff Clyro again…

IMG_1089.jpeg

…he’s also had a separate pop at Nunez.