You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bobby Clark

El Rojo

39 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Interesting read this, from The Times:

Lee Clark: When Bobby saw Liverpool’s big dossier, he knew he’d play

Former Newcastle midfielder Lee Clark, father of 19-year-old Bobby Clark, says son chose Liverpool because he was ‘blown away’ by their plans to get him into first team so quickly

I’m still on a high now. It’s the best day I ever had. It’s outdone anything I ever did in terms of professional sport. I was crying tears of joy at the end. I could have walked on water when I left Wembley.

I was right in among the Liverpool fans, at the end where the goal was scored. Everything was unbelievable. We speak every day and Bobby sent me a voice note on Saturday night to say he was involved.

I’m not an ex-player or coach when I talk to him, I’m Dad. I just tell him how proud I am of him and how much I love him and do the best you can do. The only advice I ever give him, be it under-18s, under-21s or first team, is when you’re on the pitch make sure you’re the hardest-working player on there.

If he wants to speak to me about something technically or tactically he’ll come to me, but I don’t go pushing things to him at all and that’s how it’s always been. It’s just me sitting proud as punch as a parent. He’ll ask me about certain situations and I’ll advise him then. I’m more there for the disappointments, that’s when I come into play.

I was watching the dugout during the game and then I saw the call from Pep Lijnders [assistant manager] down the line to Bobby to come back so I knew. I could see him getting stripped. What was my heart rate like at that moment? Oh man, it was through the roof!

The feeling of pride when he came on was immense. All the stuff he is doing is surpassing anything I did. It’s a completely different feeling. It’s your feelings as a dad. How emotional I am, how proud I am. It’s just phenomenal.

I’m trying not to kick every ball for him when he came on, but you are really. I’m watching his movements. He looked so calm and composed. He takes everything in his stride.

I was in line with the goal and it was a great header so it’s just an amazing feeling when you’re part of it and your son is out on the pitch. He would have been up for taking a penalty and I think he would have been one of the five. How would I have coped with that? I’d have collapsed!

There were four clubs who wanted to sign him when he left Newcastle United and it was Bobby who said to me, “Liverpool is my choice.”

When he went to Liverpool they had a big dossier on him and it was amazing. That was the academy staff and all the first-team staff. They had footage, match reports, where they saw him playing. What stuck in Bobby’s mind was: “We aren’t signing you to make the under-18s or win the Youth Cup, we’re signing you because we believe you have a pathway to the first team and we have a manager who likes to play young players.” It blew him away and it has all been proved right.

He bought into it and he’s loved it from the first minute. He was initially living with a family who were superb to him, along with another three players, Stefan Bajcetic, Conor Bradley and Owen Beck. They all got on really well. You see that at the end, when all the academy boys are getting their picture with the cup, and I think there were 11 or 12 of them.

They teach them the right way. The under-18s and under-21s play the same way. Jürgen [Klopp] has had loads of involvement with Bobby and he gave him his debut at 17. He’s trained with the first team on a consistent basis since he was 17.

Vitor [Matos, elite development coach] and Pep are the ones who bring the boys through at a young age and get them used to training with the first team and tell them the tempo the manager wants to play at. Then Jürgen gets to see them very quickly, he’s been to a lot of the under-21 and under-18s’ games. The production line is amazing and you’ve got a manager who puts them into the big games. He puts them on when there’s something to play for. It was 0-0 on Sunday when Bobby came on and there were 20 minutes left.

How did I feel when I left Wembley? I was sky high. I told Bobby how proud of him I was and of what he has achieved. I said: “I tried for over 20 years and nowt, and you’ve done it in a couple of months, you bugger!”

The next family get together will be interesting when Bobby tells him to put his medals on the table

Got a mate who’s an academy football Coach at Newcastle who when I asked him said that he is a quality player with huge potential and needed the move for his own development. A cut above the rest.

14 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Saw an interview with his dad and he said his kid signing for us was a great move. He’s gutted that Klopp is leaving.

edit VV put it into print above.

The tweet seemed to be from someone who knew his dad. I think it’s now clear his dad thinks he made the right choice, and obviously wasn’t interfering in his move, but it’s entirely possible that at the time, being a former Newcastle player, privately he would have been unhappy that Newcastle didn’t even try to make a case.

14 hours ago, Dave D said:

I read stuff like this and it just re-enforces the fear of what we are about to lose not only in Jurgen but the whole staffing set up 

I've just watched an interview with Lee Clark & having heard him speak I agree.  We're losing so much more than 'just a manager'.   

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

The tweet seemed to be from someone who knew his dad. I think it’s now clear his dad thinks he made the right choice, and obviously wasn’t interfering in his move, but it’s entirely possible that at the time, being a former Newcastle player, privately he would have been unhappy that Newcastle didn’t even try to make a case.

Very likely

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Whatever happened to that freakishly muscular kid (was about 8 at the time) who was with us years ago?

Arat Hosseini?

Liverpool wonderkid Arat Hosseini announces departure from club (90min.com)

Eight-year-old viral star Arat Hosseini has confirmed his departure from Liverpool.

The Iranian youngster went viral online thanks to his videos of his insane dribbling, which earned him close to 6m followers on Instagram and a nickname of 'the Iranian Messi'.

A part of the Liverpool academy since he turned five, Arat's father has now revealed that he has walked away from the club because they are 'no longer useful' to him.

"Goodbye Arat from Liverpool Academy forever," he wrote. "When Arat and the Liverpool academy can not be useful to each other, the best decision is to go."

When explaining the decision to withdraw Arat from the academy, his father Mohammed wrote: "Just decided to break up because Arat's style of play does not fit with this (Liverpool's)."

• Upvote 1

He was expected to play in a team?

I think the Egyptian lad in the u18s was highly thought of when we signed him as well, but might be confusing him. Kareem Ahmed, 17, so I guess him and Kone-Doherty will be the ones to keep an eye on (along with Nyoni).

15 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Arat Hosseini?

Liverpool wonderkid Arat Hosseini announces departure from club (90min.com)

Eight-year-old viral star Arat Hosseini has confirmed his departure from Liverpool.

The Iranian youngster went viral online thanks to his videos of his insane dribbling, which earned him close to 6m followers on Instagram and a nickname of 'the Iranian Messi'.

A part of the Liverpool academy since he turned five, Arat's father has now revealed that he has walked away from the club because they are 'no longer useful' to him.

"Goodbye Arat from Liverpool Academy forever," he wrote. "When Arat and the Liverpool academy can not be useful to each other, the best decision is to go."

When explaining the decision to withdraw Arat from the academy, his father Mohammed wrote: "Just decided to break up because Arat's style of play does not fit with this (Liverpool's)."

"What the fuck is this 'pressing' you're asking him to do? We didn't get 10 billion likes on tik tok by chasing after some other fucker who has the ball"

Nailed on that this kid amounts to fuck all, and it will be his dad who is to blame for it. Seen it so many times.

• Upvote 4

I’ve heard quite a few things about that whole situation.  It’s all hearsay but technically he was streets ahead most kids his age.  He played against one of my mates sons and he said he just used to dribble past everyone and other kids just couldn’t get near him.  His dad apparently has absolutely drilled him though for years and at the club they couldn’t get him to listen.  His dad is quite single minded and the goal is to get to Barcelona and I think he makes no secret of that.  I don’t know whether he thought he was so good the club would just put up with it but I heard they were fucking him off because of the problems.  He said they went first but I don’t believe it.

• Upvote 1