You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I wonder if the drop in Slott’s odds at the weekend and this news are just a coincidence?

It's people lumping an hedge your bets amount on any new name mentioned.

Xavi should be spoken to at least. 

They haven't been as good this year but he has suffered some injuries with a small and very young squad, They are 11pts off Madrid but lost twice in injury time and had they drawn them games would still be in the hunt. Unlucky at the weekend with Madrid getting a penalty that looked more won than fouled and this(below) not being given as in. 

Champions league quarter final and looking fairly comfortable till a red card after 30 mins, winning away in Paris. Working really well with young players like Balde,Gavi,Pedri,Cubarsi and Fermin

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Agree but the fume when he won at Old Toilet or Chelsea would be funny as fuck

Bittersweet though as we just miss out on the Europa Conference place and finish 9th after a season of utter dross served up by shitcoat.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Bittersweet though as we just miss out on the Europa Conference place and finish 9th after a season of utter dross served up by shitcoat.

Oh i don't want him to get the job

The only way i think i could accept it at all if a agreement was in place he was taking it for a year till Alonso came, even then its a tough year

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think Dicko's shout of Jimmy Milner would be preferable, and he'd be choice 49 for me.

Ljinders would at least offer some level of continuity and stability.

We have a talented young squad that seem to like him and respect him.

I'd be happy to give it to Ljinders considering some of the other names being bandied about.

There's no top class manager's available.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Ljinders would at least offer some level of continuity and stability.

We have a talented young squad that seem to like him and respect him.

I'd be happy to give it to Ljinders considering some of the other names being bandied about.

There's no top class manager's available.

Well, but he's not a manager yet. People call some of these other names unproven, what does that make Ljinders?

And personality wise he's like Rodgers; talks too much, overly enthusiastic, lots of sayings and business speak. I enjoyed Rodgers as a side-show, but not as an actual representative of the club.

This hurts. I can't believe we are going from Klopp to the Brighton coach. 

what a bummer 

hoping for a tactical miracle. 

we really really took all of the time under Klopp for granted didn't we. 

think this hurts all over again. 

3 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

This hurts. I can't believe we are going from Klopp to the Brighton coach. 

what a bummer 

hoping for a tactical miracle. 

we really really took all of the time under Klopp for granted didn't we. 

think this hurts all over again. 

I think that’s harsh mate. The way Klopp and Guardiola talk about De Zerbi, he’s obviously an excellent coach. 

Nobody here can criticise the quality of Brighton’s football, they play some great stuff. 

My main concern on De Zerbi is he seems overly confrontational. I don’t get the impression he’d support the players the way Klopp does. 

No wonder we were getting the leaks of Liverpool aren't scared to ignore the popular choice. Its probably going to be someone mediocre isn't it but ticks a few little boxes and will doth the cap to Edwards and his bezzy  Hughes.

This appointment is massive and even the popular choices are underwhelming. Zerbi, Thomas Frank or Baldy slot... jeez that's grim. It was always going to be the case after Klopp it's a downgrade and it's clearly not an easy task to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think that’s harsh mate. The way Klopp and Guardiola talk about De Zerbi, he’s obviously an excellent coach. 

Nobody here can criticise the quality of Brighton’s football, they play some great stuff. 

My main concern on De Zerbi is he seems overly confrontational. I don’t get the impression he’d support the players the way Klopp does. 

the way I see it; I felt kinda this way when we signed Robertson. 

not good enough bracket. Not LFC elite.
I do understand but I feel now we have something here. It's the star of a project for sure that needs tweaking but it's good. 

and I don't see that he is an improvement and I don't mean on Klopp because you're never going to be better than Klopp in that regard but I mean an improvement on LFC. He doesn't seem a fit for us.

I really hope I'm proved wrong  

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I would rather de Zerbi than some on the list, the way they have fallen off this year is a concern. Even if there are some fair explanations for it. 

He lost Caicdeo, Mac Allister & Colwill returned to Chelsea and the players they identified, aren’t as good. Mitoma has been injured for long periods. 

Take the 3 / 4 best players out of any side and replace them inferior players and they’d struggle. 

How come Potter never gets mentioned for jobs anymore. Surely he would do a decent job at WHU and without having to pay compensation to Sporting. That Chelsea stint really screwed him. Apart from the millions he picked up of course.

1 minute ago, Fowlers God said:

the way I see it; I felt kinda this way when we signed Robertson. 

not good enough bracket. Not LFC elite.
I do understand but I feel now we have something here. It's the star of a project for sure that needs tweaking but it's good. 

and I don't see that he is an improvement and I don't mean on Klopp because you're never going to be better than Klopp in that regard but I mean an improvement on LFC. He doesn't seem a fit for us.

I really hope I'm proved wrong  

Yeah, for all the great football Brighton play, his personality is my biggest concern. 

The Athletic did something a while back looking at some data of who they thought was similar to klopp in style and stats and Sebastian Hoeness was one of the top results. He is doing a great job with Stuttgart. He took over in April with them in the bottom place and got them up into the relelgation playoff places(gaining 13pts from 8 games) and kept them up, he has now turned them into a near certain Champions League spot and is 3pts behind Bayern. 63% win rate with a relegation candidate last year. It looks like he is staying at Stuttgart but maybe one to keep a eye on