You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The BBC have your say has a bunch of arsenal fans suggesting Elliot dived on Sunday... Insane levels of deflection 

Everton levels of delusion. Add it to the myth that Salah is a diver. If ever a player has been fucked over by referees it’s Salah who gets booted every single game and just carries on. 

Fuck then. I hope Bayern either dry bum them in Munich or go through via the dodgiest penalty ever given in the dying seconds of injury time. 

54 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Add it to the list of things you saw that will be gaslighted out of collective memory.

Getting more and more difficult to "love" the "beautiful game" every week.  As difficult as it is to walk away,  post Jurgen is definitely going to be a watershed moment.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Getting more and more difficult to "love" the "beautiful game" every week.  As difficult as it is to walk away,  post Jurgen is definitely going to be a watershed moment.  

It is becoming impossible to love the game anymore. When we cannot celebrate a goal after looking at the linesman, what is even the point anymore? Even my 13 year old son do not celebrate our goals anymore and he passionately hates the refs. A 13 year old!

My Arsenal mate sent me a clip this morning saying Neuer moved his leg - a GK moving his leg, fuck me, is that not allowed anymore? How is that even connected to the fact that Saka's right leg was a meter away from his left? Arsenal fans are moaning about the non-penalty because they have been spoiled by PGMOL as the refs here give Saka every fucking foul he can get. Same goes for Grealish and Kane previously. The same type of fouls Salah won't get in 10 years. 

Even fuckwit pundits said it was a penalty - lippy Ferdinand apparently had his hands on his head whilst walking around the stadium - really? Keown found it "alarming" - really? 

This is what VAR has done to the game that every fucking dog wants a penalty/foul for every fucking thing. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Everton levels of delusion. Add it to the myth that Salah is a diver. If ever a player has been fucked over by referees it’s Salah who gets booted every single game and just carries on. 

Fuck then. I hope Bayern either dry bum them in Munich or go through via the dodgiest penalty ever given in the dying seconds of injury time. 

Salah gets called a diver because he's atrocious at it and every time he tries to do it (which is not often) it's incredibly obvious.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Salah gets called a diver because he's atrocious at it and every time he tries to do it (which is not often) it's incredibly obvious.

Not just Salah, most of our players are horribly bad at acting, except may be Jota, Harvey & Mac. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

The BBC have your say has a bunch of arsenal fans suggesting Elliot dived on Sunday... Insane levels of deflection 

Had an United fan on that train this morning, Sakas penalty was apparently the same so they are either both penalties or both not penalties.

But yeah, this is just another for the list of reasons If it's not us who win the title this year then I'd much rather it just go to the cheats again, Arsenal fans over the last year have removed any remaining well wishes I have for them or their team.

Just now, Tenfolder said:

Had an United fan on that train this morning, Sakas penalty was apparently the same so they are either both penalties or both not penalties.

But yeah, this is just another for the list of reasons If it's not us who win the title this year then I'd much rather it just go to the cheats again, Arsenal fans over the last year have removed any remaining well wishes I have for them or their team.

Haha, yeah the Saka one just missing a wee bit of defender diving in to win a ball they can't reach and taking out a player. They are mental...

That Gabriel one is the kind of incident that opens cans of worms best left closed. I've come across it in kids football a good few times, maybe not in the box but tonnes of times it would appear a free kick has bene taken only for his team mate to pick up the ball. A free or penalty is supposed to be like insurance, its puts you back in the position you were in before the event. Most goalkeepers these days throw it to the defender to avoid this type of incident, a penalty awarded for pure stupidity I could get behind.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Would like to see Arsenal scrape through after extra time and then have the absolute fucking shit kicked out of them by Simeone's Atletico in the next round.

The draw is already done, it's City or Real waiting for them.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

That Gabriel one is the kind of incident that opens cans of worms best left closed. I've come across it in kids football a good few times, maybe not in the box but tonnes of times it would appear a free kick has bene taken only for his team mate to pick up the ball. A free or penalty is supposed to be like insurance, its puts you back in the position you were in before the event. Most goalkeepers these days throw it to the defender to avoid this type of incident, a penalty awarded for pure stupidity I could get behind.

Kids football and players being paid millions every year is hardly the same. 

Gabriel picked up the ball after the ref had blown his whistle to start the game and Raya made the pass, there is no excuse. 

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

It was a Champions League Quarter Final. Should have been a penalty.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

The draw is already done, it's City or Real waiting for them.

Ah fuck, I really do pay a lot of attention to football these days.

Kick the shit out of each other and then have Diego's cunts cunt one of them in the cunt.

Just now, Code said:

Kids football and players being paid millions every year is hardly the same. 

Gabriel picked up the ball after the ref had blown his whistle and Raya made the pass, there is no excuse. 

Arsenal couldn't have argued, it was stupid but Bayern didn't lose out in any way because of Gabriel's actions and therefore common sense says play on. The point I'm making is the game is already faster than it was, frees get taking quickly 15 yards from where they should and we just play on, it makes for a better, faster game, one incident like this would have rule makers looking at ways to destroy the the game.

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

Arsenal couldn't have argued, it was stupid but Bayern didn't lose out in any way because of Gabriel's actions and therefore common sense says play on. The point I'm making is the game is already faster than it was, frees get taking quickly 15 yards from where they should and we just play on, it makes for a better, faster game, one incident like this would have rule makers looking at ways to destroy the the game.

That said, I dont like the rule change about goal kicks at all, there was no reason to change the rule to what it is now. 

6 minutes ago, Code said:

That said, I dont like the rule change about goal kicks at all, there was no way to change the rule to what it is now. 

What rule change?

35 minutes ago, No2 said:

I can't remember who it was, but we conceded a free kick at Anfield a wee while ago when a ball was going out for a throw-in and one of our players (under no pressure) decided to catch the ball to save time; unfortunately the dope caught it before it went out.