You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you subscribe to on YouTube?

Elite

Mark Lewis.

Running, endurance events, challenges etc - but also food issues inc bingeing and coping with it etc and all delivered with some good dry comedy.

Basically a feller who was a fat mess who decided to get fit late in life and just become 'better than average'

I could literally watch him all day.

Stuff like this:

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Elite said:

Some great channels on there, the difficulty is finding them.

Peter Santenello

Yes Theory

Both have loads of good stuff.

I sub yes theory as well, they annoy me as much as I enjoy it but they do some cool stuff. 

Geowizard is probably my favourite, especially his missions where he tries to cross a country in a straight line or his travel adventures. 

Atomic Shrimp is prolific with an array on interests he is highly knowledgeable on. He's basically an online dad. I like his scam baiting and budget challenge videos. 

This forum got me into James Hoffmann; coffee expert extraordinaire. Hard to explain why his videos are compelling, I suppose it's just the sheer level of detail. 

Primitive technology is this aussie guy building huts using sticks and mud - basically using ancient tools. Probably my first sub. If you like Ray Mears you'll like this dude. 

There are loads more but they will get lost in this rambling post

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

LockPickingLawyer

Fella picks locks and explains how they work. It's interesting to see how design flaws can be exploited.

People also send in padlocks to challenge him.

I like him, especially when he exposes how shit some locks are (never in an hysterical way either, he's always really measured).

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I like him, especially when he exposes how shit some locks are (never in an hysterical way either, he's always really measured).

Yeah, pretty sure there was a fingerprint gun safes that could be opened with a scrap of plastic. 

I also find it interesting when he discovers some cheap padlock that's actually good.

The Grade Cricketer.

A few other cricket podcasts.

Lots of politics, economics and general documentary stuff.

The Mark Lewis running channel antha mentoned.

However, I don't actually subscribe to any of them, I have them as bookmarks and then have a look whenever I want. I don't really have any interest in being bombarded with notifications.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The Grade Cricketer.

A few other cricket podcasts.

Lots of politics, economics and general documentary stuff.

The Mark Lewis running channel antha mentoned.

However, I don't actually subscribe to any of them, I have them as bookmarks and then have a look whenever I want. I don't really have any interest in being bombarded with notifications.

I think you only get notifications if you hit the bell (as opposed to subscribe), I certainly don't get any and I am subscribed to 20± channels

Don't subscribe to any but used to watch that critical drinker, Scottish bloke doing reviews of pop culture. He's gone full grift now though sadly and pumps out abut five vids a week where he's just on zoom with other youtubers moaning about woke Hollywood and Lizo.

I just checked and I seem to have around 100 subscriptions so I won't post them all.

Adam Savage's Tested and Atomic Shrimp - already mentioned
ashens - Norwich-based comedian who reviews tat, samples ancient/terrible food and is generally funny

Coffeehouse Crime, Cold Case Detective, Criminal Core, dreading, That Chapter - all true crime channels

Barely Sociable, Dark5, Lazy Masquerade, Real Horror, Scary Interesting, Virtual Carbon - mysteries
Dark Records, Disaster Stories, Disasterthon, Fascinating Horror, Green Dot Aviation - interesting tales of disaster

Beyond the Brick, LEGbrOs, Tiago Catarino - all Lego-related channels
Mark Rober - popular science videos

Tom Scott - interesting videos on a whole range of things

Joe Scott - no relation to Tom, but makes similar videos

Lost in the Pond - a British guy moved to the USA and now makes funny videos about the differences between the two

The Missing Enigma - really good channel which delves into mysterious disappearances in the American wilderness

Cracking the Cryptic - sudoku solving and other puzzles

Dan Hurd - prospecting and gold panning in North America

Froggy Flips - toy and collectible trader with a keen eye for bargains

EVNautilus - ocean exploration, lots of interesting wildlife down there

Kermode & Mayo, Screen Junkies - movie stuff

The Howard Stern Show
The Food Theorists - delving into the world of food

History Matters - short, funny, simple history videos
NativLang, RobWords - interesting language videos

Shawn Woods - the Mousetrap Monday guy, catching mice and other pests

Shaun Overton - a guy trying to turn a patch of Texas desert into a forest

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Don't subscribe to any but used to watch that critical drinker, Scottish bloke doing reviews of pop culture. He's gone full grift now though sadly and pumps out abut five vids a week where he's just on zoom with other youtubers moaning about woke Hollywood and Lizo.

Yeah, he used to be quite funny, especially when taking the piss out of dross like Batgirl, but it's the same shite as I'd imagine other alt-right pricks endlessly complain about these days. Apparently, Barbie- of all things- is an absolute disgrace and an insult to men, or something. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Mark Lewis.

Running, endurance events, challenges etc - but also food issues inc bingeing and coping with it etc and all delivered with some good dry comedy.

Basically a feller who was a fat mess who decided to get fit late in life and just become 'better than average'

I could literally watch him all day.

Stuff like this:

Flora Beverly's another athlete (trail running mostly) that I watch. What she lose in the dry humour department she makes up for in the eye candy stakes.

23 minutes ago, Edward. said:

Rick Shiels and Matt Fryer. I also started watching Sanderstead Cricket during Lockdown as all of our games were cancelled.

Got a bit fed up of the Golf stuff to be honest. I used to watch loads of them,Peter Finch,Mark Crossfield,The Average Golfer,James Robinson and many more. 

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Midnight Special channel is the only one I bother with, other than my band's own channel. Which currently has one video & I think I'm the only subscriber.

I have subscribed to The Midnight Special Channel too. Some of the acts I'd never heard of but were very good. The Raspberries for example,Eric Carmen was their lead singer,were very good but didnt do much over here. Only downsides are the improv stuff and too much Country and Western for me.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, good channel that.

Who do you play for Edward?

Play in a league in Northumberland. Have done for nearly 30 years. Lucky enough to have witnessed Courtney Walsh and Ian Bishop in the younger days, actually Mark Wood too.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Got a bit fed up of the Golf stuff to be honest. I used to watch loads of them,Peter Finch,Mark Crossfield,The Average Golfer,James Robinson and many more. 

Yeah I know what you mean, although Rick Shiels is awful at golf at the minute.