You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Why, our wage bill is one of the highest in the world, we pay very well all in.

Overall wage bill is irrelevant in this situation, we have never paid our top players the same amount as teams like City and Chelsea, or other oil funded teams like PSG. We stick to defined structures that don't allow exorbitant wages, unlike those other teams

I'm chuffed with this, somewhere buried deep in the forum is my suggestion to the club to fuck off Bellingham and buy Caicedo and Mac Allister. It always made more sense, the club journalists where all saying we had a huge kitty to spend, the 3 we got represents better work than Bellingham plus one other.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Can’t believe there are people going out of their way to put a negative spin on this. 

oh we’ll sell him in a few years…

oh why have we waited this long?

oh why didn’t we just get Bellingham then?

It’s a sickness. 

Agreed, if we get him, there is no negativity but but we haven’t seen the lean yet, will he agree terms, Will Chelsea come back and match the offer … 

that Jorg is a lad isn’t he Chris …

For what it’s worth this was my mate this morning. 

Chelsea knew of our interest but then they  also knew every club in the top half of the league had spoken with his agents, they didn’t think our interest serious and as such have been dragging this out. 

Player has got frustrated after he’d given his word at the length of time it’s taken to get done. Especially having done everything he can behind the scenes to hurry this up was feeling let down by promises made not materialising yet. 

The big guy (Boehly) is a law unto himself, they expect Chelsea to match our offer knowing they’ve offered the player approx £220k a week and let the player decide. 

”If this doesn’t go through I guarantee there’ll be articles in the press trying to blame Pochettino for it not going through. 

I’d still say it’s 50/50”. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Chelsea knew of our interest but then they  also knew every club in the top half of the league had spoken with his agents, they didn’t think our interest serious and as such have been dragging this out. 

Player has got frustrated after he’d given his word at the length of time it’s taken to get done. Especially having done everything he can behind the scenes to hurry this up was feeling let down by promises made not materialising yet. 

The big guy (Boehly) is a law unto himself, they expect Chelsea to match our offer knowing they’ve offered the player approx £220k a week and let the player decide. 

”If this doesn’t go through I guarantee there’ll be articles in the press trying to blame Pochettino for it not going through. 

Can't beat a bit of yank on yank action. Hoo rah

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "I can confirm the [Moises Caicedo] deal with the club is agreed, whatever that means in the end. Of course, we want the player and not just the agreement.

"We don't have endless resource. We didn't expect a couple of things to happen over the summer but when that happened we gave it a go.

"Let's see what happens and we go from there.

Is he due for a medical today?: "I don't know."

On other arrivals: "Let's go step by step and see what happens. We have plenty of time to go."

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Think it's moved on at a faster pace now. Done deal. Fuck Chelsea, we must at least be matching what they offered in wages.

The only fly in the ointment for me is potentially wages - those plastic cunts could well offer stupid wages - but of course unless they can get an offer for the fee agreed with Brighton then it is irrelevant.

I reckon we will unveil him at some point tomorrow.