You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

I find it odd that so many people seem to refuse to believe that a club that is very definitely for sale may be getting sold? Especially when it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world? 

Of course sovereign wealth funds will have a huge interest in us. 

16 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Any ideas what that said? Can’t find that tweet.

It’s all a load of bollocks anyway but it’s a welcome distraction from the shite on the pitch.

The translation I got last night was 'if you believe this you'll believe anything'.

Something like that anyway, I'd had a few.

FSG are bound to sell eventually. They are a hedge fund that only exists to make money for their rich investors. If a sovereign wealth fund offers enough then they will sell irrespective of human rights abuses. They have absolutely no empathy with the city or the history of the club.

Premier league football is coming to the end now, it’s revealing itself for what it always was, a branch of the entertainment industry that maintains a myth of being something more, somehow part of the community, something more meaningful. It’s not. It’s a small group of profit making companies that rip off their fans with £100 shirts and pay their employees millions whilst being used as vehicles to sport wash human rights abuses. I’m done with it. 

• Upvote 4

I'd rather have a US hedge fund in charge than sportswashers for a regime that beheads people. Fuck that. 

Money is one thing but politics is another, I don't want any of that shite near us. Russians can fuck off too (suspect they'll have to weather they like it or not). 

The days of the fan owners are long gone, although let's be honest - may he rest in peace - David Moores was a a good fan but a bad owner, so they don't always go hand in hand. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

My worry is that its more like a trojan horse strategy?

Rather than us turning a blind eye to what they do, how long before they start suggesting that we follow their rules and live the way they do? 

The sceptic in me doesn't believe that they are throwing this level of money around unless they have deeply sinister long term plans.

SHARIA LAW ON THE STREETS OF LONDON! HALAL MEAT IN OUR HALFTIME PIES!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Clearly its not as easy as that, if it was, surely someone would have done it by now. 

Utd have spent a fortune these past ten years, but they're in a shit load of debt for it, it appears to me, that's the only other option. 

Is either mega rich owners, or debt. Fuck it, I'll take mega rich instead

What about your conscience mate?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

FSG are bound to sell eventually. They are a hedge fund that only exists to make money for their rich investors. If a sovereign wealth fund offers enough then they will sell irrespective of human rights abuses. They have absolutely no empathy with the city or the history of the club.

Not sure I agree.  I know many are pissed off with FSG at the moment, but I think they have tried to immerse themselves in the history of the club and when they've screwed up they've been very quick to respond.  They'll also know that a proposed sale to a human rights abusing state will result in significant protests both around the city and at games.  If they can avoid that, they will.

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Premier league football is coming to the end now, it’s revealing itself for what it always was, a branch of the entertainment industry that maintains a myth of being something more, somehow part of the community, something more meaningful. It’s not. It’s a small group of profit making companies that rip off their fans with £100 shirts and pay their employees millions whilst being used as vehicles to sport wash human rights abuses. I’m done with it. 

This I fully agree with.  If we end up like a Newcastle or Man City then I've zero interest going forward.  Seeing Mbappe or whoever running around in a Liverpool shirt having it been paid for on the back of savage treatment of minorities then I've no interest in supporting that. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

What exactly is 99% complete? The sheikh has gone to the bank with his ATM card to get the last 1% in cash?

It's a way of saying to most twitter users, look at me and follow me, like my posts. I know lots of things and will provide you with lots of real information that might never come true.

On here is we read it as "I'm a no nothing cunt who needs to fuck off, oh and if you can take the abomination that is twitter with you then all the better"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Gary Neville seems to be certain we are getting new owners. His words last night were…

“Liverpool have got new owners coming in,”

Its on!!!

I reckon it’s Mike from Coronation Street expanding his empire.

As long as it's not that Dev cunt, can't be doing with him.

I reckon if we got taken over by an oil state there'd be some muted discontent, maybe a banner or two, and that'd be it. Klopp wouldn't walk away or whatever John Hughes movie bollocks people imagine. There wouldn't be tea towels on heads, but nor would it rock the world.

You don't sell your soul in one, it's sold in pieces over a lifetime, and we've all long since started that journey. We like to think there's a line in the sand we won't cross, but we've inched our way a little further each year, to the point we'd probably need binoculars to look back at where it was.

• Upvote 12

As Dave U  pointed out, if we arent in with the shady oil Billionaires then we might as well settle for 7th/8th every year as we will be left behind. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

I would suggest that to get transparent and virtuous owners who can spend the kind of money we are often guilty of demanding each transfer window is nigh on impossible      

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

As Dave U  pointed out, if we arent in with the shady oil Billionaires then we might as well settle for 7th/8th every year as we will be left behind. Damned if you do damned if you dont.

I would suggest that to get transparent and virtuous owners who can spend the kind of money we are often guilty of demanding each transfer window is nigh on impossible      

There's a lot of room between Transparent and Virtuous and Sports Washing Human Rights Abusers, it's not a binary choice.